Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    I just checked the recording object on a couple of shows, and there are two items listed that error out with "Attribute not in schema". I'm going to assume that kmt is correct here.
    I guess that would make sense as it just started happening one day and seems to persist from one version to the next. I guess first question is how did they change an attribute without changing the software (assuming we are all in 11m I guess) or maybe it is an attribute that was always there but TWP now chokes on it or something. If you are also replicating it then it seems it might be a new fundamental bug or am I reading too much into this. I am game to try and track it down so others smarter than me can fix it. I am on cox cable, but that might not matter.

Strangest part to me is I know I was able to schedule a few shows on channel 1050 which worked and then a few others that crashed. In my efforts it seems that everything works up until it tries to actually schedule. It will show competing shows whether single -the one tuner message or double-the all other shows will be cancelled, but then when actually scheduling is when it crashes.

Two other important things I found. Whatever you do, don't use TiVo online to manage your season passes on your HD. Too many ways it can corrupt them. I found this out in multiple threads and with my own testing, so I learned just don't bother, do it on the TiVo.

Second and a strange side effect with the latest version. In the 09 version I was using, when looking at the now playing list, I would often right click on the show and open in a new tab to be able to see the upcoming shows. For some reason, the 13 version does not allow that. I think you can right click most anywhere in TWP and open in a new link, but for some reason, not on the npl in the 13 version. This might be browser related since I just updated chrome and I need to verify that it's working in the 09 version, but wanted to mention it since I know it worked forever in the 09 version since I used it all the time v until my current travails started. Will check that and report back (EDIT It is the To do List that does not allow right click, maybe that is part of the scheduling errors?)

What to do next to try and track down this current problem? It's maddening to not be able to use the scheduling for TWP, DOING IT ON THE TIVO feels so 2002ish.
    Last edited by sanjonny; 09-23-2014 at 02:42 AM. Reason: fix error

Edit to my last above (I will inline edit it also) It is the To Do list that will not allow right click. maybe that is something to do with the problem? NPL right click works fine but trying to right click on show or episode in To do no longer works.

I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place... I have a series-1 sony svr-2000, and I have installed Jenkins modifications, so I can telnet & ftp. I've also recently installed tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-110622.tgz (oztivo-110622) which also is working well. I believe the most recent TivoWebPlus version is now tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-20130113.tgz, which I discovered on Sourceforge. I tried using the System / Update from within the oztivo version to try to install the newer version, but oztivo told me it was a "downgrade". I believe those "version" numbers are dates, so oztivo must be June 22, 2011, and the newer one would be Jan 13, 2013. I decided to choose to install anyway, but nothing seemed to happen from within oztivo, and oztivo is still running. Can you give me some tips / suggestions ? Are there enough improvements for my Sony to make it worth updating ? If so, can you summarize steps to take in making the upgrade... Thanks

Live Recording with TivoWeb 2.1 causes reboot

Hi, I have been running several S3's with TivoWeb 2.1 and all of them will crash and reboot if I click record on a live program from Tivoweb, I was hoping the latest release v2.1.b3 (oztivo-110622) would fix this but still the problem persists. All my Tivos are at 11.0m-01-2-648. I would be greatfull for any suggestions, Happy Holidays All. J

There are several ways to initiate a recording in TivoWeb 2.1: what do you mean by "click record on a live program"?

Does this happen on all channels or only on some of them?

Any messages in your TivoWeb log? (which is probably /var/log/tivoweb.log)
    Tivo since 2002. UK S1 + 1TB SATA. ex-TAM (tenner a month). Virgin Media not available here.

spitfires wrote>There are several ways to initiate a recording in TivoWeb 2.1:

>what do you mean by "click record on a live program"?
    Anywhere I get the "record" prompt, as soon as I hit it the Tivo reboots, a season pass prompt works fine
    Actually the show does not need to be playing yet as I said before, I can not schedule ahead either unless I get a season pass.

>Does this happen on all channels or only on some of them?
    Seems to be all channels, one of my tivos is off-air only and the other two are cable so different maps

>Any messages in your TivoWeb log? (which is probably /var/log/tivoweb.log)
    Log is a fresh start-up log after the reboot, it must wipe the file on restart.

Thankx for your help!
    J

try /var/log/Otivoweb.log

This is the same problem that sanjonny reported, a few posts up. Not sure what is causing it; there may be a change in MFS that is causing Tivoweb to barf. Haven't had a lot of time to look at it yet, but I can confirm that it happens with my series 3.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by spitfires View Post
    try /var/log/Otivoweb.log
    Da, never realized there wan an old log set. Found this on the last line!!!

ERR: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <15353>: assertion failure

Looks like a good clue, Thanks again for the help, J

Add another one with 3 svr2000 tivo's that have the crash when using TWP to schedule a recording. I am still running Version 2.1.b3 (oztivo-110622) which had been working flawlessly for me for a long time until recently I was not home and the wife says "can you setup blah blah to tape" so I vpn into the house find it click record and whamey TiVo reboots and wife is pissed. I have tied many things including updating the modules which were in this thread pages up and nothing fixes it, not even completely deleting everything and setting the TiVo up as brand new which was like 12 hours or more wasted in that endeavor. Anyone have any more clues on this?
    Last edited by evilsofa; 01-11-2015 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Typo

sanjonny, jmayes and evilsofa: would you all verify something for me? I'm looking at the reboot problem, and it seems to be intermittent. In my testing, if there are NO conflicts, the recording goes through fine. It only reboots if there is a conflict (even if just on one tuner). Let me know if your experience is the same, thanks.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

sanjonny, jmayes and evilsofa: would you all verify something for me? I'm looking at the reboot problem, and it seems to be intermittent. In my testing, if there are NO conflicts, the recording goes through fine. It only reboots if there is a conflict (even if just on one tuner). Let me know if your experience is the same, thanks.
    I just tested this. I scheduled a program in a slot that had nothing scheduled on either tuner (not even one that had Tivo suggestions).

It crashed!

No conflict gives me a reboot, conflicts also give me a reboot. From the logs and some poking around in the MFS I think we have an issue where the guide or channel list contains more data and either the scheme is not there to support it or there is an issue with the tcl modules for recording that causes it to force an assert when trying to deal with the "extra data" unfortunately I know little about tcl programming, but wish I could do more to help diagnose.

I traced through the itcl code for a scheduling a recording. The reboot occurs from code in the ui_record.itcl module.
    Specifically it in "MakeTodoRecording":

-----
    create_RecordingDRM $recording

set newshowing [db $db createsub Showing $recording]
    -> dbobj $newshowing copyfrom $showing
    dbobj $newshowing set Reason 2
    dbobj $recording set Showing $newshowing
    # puts "set newshowing \[db $db createsub Showing $recording\]"
    # puts "dbobj $newshowing copyfrom $showing"
    # puts "dbobj $newshowing set Reason 2"
    # puts "dbobj $recording set Showing $newshowing"
    }
    -----

With the reboot occurring at copyfrom marked above, and the log showing

ERR: assert: Tmk Assertion Failure:
    ERR: assert: PrepareGet, line 2886 ()
    ERR: assert: tyAttr 3 pAttr->Type() 0
    ERR: Tmk Fatal Error: Thread tivosh <572> strayed!

I don't know how to look at the showings in the copyfrom to see what attribute is causing the problem.

Yah, I got that far as well, but I haven't had a chance to do more with it yet. You can use the TWP MFS module to get a look at the attributes. Just stick a break in the ui_record code so the reboots don't make you nuts.