Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Wow! After hours and hours of troubleshooting this problem with VLC I've just found out that if I start VLC from the command line it works!

So, using Media->Open Network produces the error I mentioned on my previous post but if I start VLC from the command line the thing works perfectly...

Anyone has an idea of why?

Throg Guest
    Try this ...

Quote Originally Posted by xfx View Post
    Wow! After hours and hours of troubleshooting this problem with VLC I've just found out that if I start VLC from the command line it works!

So, using Media->Open Network produces the error I mentioned on my previous post but if I start VLC from the command line the thing works perfectly...

Anyone has an idea of why?
    Wow is right. I was preparing a post to explain why the latest VLC won't stream from the TiVo, but now you say it works.
    Can you post the exact syntax of the command line, and what version of vlc you're running?
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Wow is right. I was preparing a post to explain why the latest VLC won't stream from the TiVo, but now you say it works.
    Can you post the exact syntax of the command line, and what version of vlc you're running?
    Well, it's quite simple... just click START->Run and type:
    vlc {URL to the show}

For example:
    vlc http://tivo/%7BThe%20Tonight%20Show%...B1940340%7D.ty

Of course, vlc.exe should be on your PATH variable, otherwise you should specify the full path to vlc.exe

Now, although it works I'd prefer to be able to just use the Media->Open Network or (even better) be able to drag&drop the .ty link from the browser over VLC

Forgot to mention that I'm using the latest version (0.9.4)
    Last edited by xfx; 10-10-2008 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Throg View Post
    Try this ...
    I checked the ui.itcl file and it doesn't have any function named "print_nowshowingrow"

I'm running TWP 2.1.b3 (oztivo-080924)

Well, it's quite simple... just click START->Run and type:
    vlc {URL to the show}
    For example:
    vlc http://tivo/%7BThe%20Tonight%20Show%...B1940340%7D.ty
    Of course, vlc.exe should be on your PATH variable, otherwise you should specify the full path to vlc.exe
    Now, although it works I'd prefer to be able to just use the Media->Open Network or (even better) be able to drag&drop the .ty link from the browser over VLC
    Forgot to mention that I'm using the latest version (0.9.4)
    OK, thanks. That helps. You're referring to the http:// protocol (from mfs_uberexport controlled via twp). I was thinking of tivo:// protocol streaming (direct from vserver).

vlc 0.9.4 will open an http for me if I enter (or drag/drop) the url into the "Customize" text box at the bottom of the Media/Open Network dialog. "Show more options" must be checked. It will not open if I use the regular dialog box. Seems like a new vlc bug to me. It works as expected on older vlc versions (such as 0.8.4b)

FWIW, the primary difference I see between the two protocols is that tivo:// supports seeking, http:// does not. The tivo:// protocol is supported by TyShow (used by WMP, etc.) and by libvstream_plugin.dll (for vlc). Unfortunately, libvstream has not been compiled for vlc since 0.8.4.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

I checked the ui.itcl file and it doesn't have any function named "print_nowshowingrow"
    I'm running TWP 2.1.b3 (oztivo-080924)
    That readme is a bit out of date. In the current TWP, just use the RowFormat module to add "view" to the vlink column of NSL. This will open whatever program you have registered to handle the tivo:// protocol.

I dont know if this is an isue or not, I went to view the tivoweb.log and the tivo rebooted, TWP version Version 2.1.b3 (oztivo-080924) this is on a HDVR2 with 6.2a.

I'm using oztivo-080715. I can stream the .asx of any recorded program from NPL (in Media Player Classic or Windows Media Player), but when I try to stream the .asx of Live TV, both Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player crashes and says "has encountered a problem"

Thoughts?

Update:

OK, I noticed that I did not have the latest version. I upgraded to oztivo-080924. Now when I click on Live TV .asx file, I get "Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error". When I try Media Player Classic, I get "could not render some of the pins in the graph". I can view NPL .asx files just fine.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by lonaman; 10-16-2008 at 01:37 AM.

Shows in NPL not appearing in "Series Info" view

I was running the 8-17 release, and just upgraded to the current release and have the same issue -

The current recordings of a series that are listed in my NPL do not appear in the "Series Info" screen for that series.

Nothing in the logs - I can see where I click on the series, no complaints.

??

Quote Originally Posted by vancod View Post
    The current recordings of a series that are listed in my NPL do not appear in the "Series Info" screen for that series.
    I had a quick hack at fixing this... the code in that screen is pretty rough and I really just did a quick fix that would work in some situations. If I get more time I might try a better fix, otherwise if others could have a look it would be appreciated.

Currently the code attempts to match on the first four characters of the title. The hack I did was to remove any {'s and prepend a "1:" to the search string (as this is what is appearing in my MFS Recordings)... it could be that this is different for other software (mine are v2.5.5 and v3.0). There should be a better way assuming that the series id's are still stored for the recordings... it's been a while and I'm a little rusty

Thanks John, this has fixed the issue for me on v3.0.

This has been broken for a while now.

Peter.
    TiVo Series one, two, and TiVo HD

Could you guys be a bit more specific about what you're editing and where your edits go?

It's kind of a drag....

I just picked up Johns new bundle from his googlepages account. and use the update feature in TWP

Peter.
    TiVo Series one, two, and TiVo HD

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    I just picked up Johns new bundle from his googlepages account. and use the update feature in TWP
    Did you not see my comment that I'm running the 10-18 bundle?