Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by lawrny View Post
    ....still folders> asx locks up WMP11...
    I've never used the Folders module until now. The .asx link is different than the one in the Extract module or the NPL. The Folders code will need to be changed to match the others. Can you use the NPL for now?
    .....The tmf transfer allows me to choose where I would like to place the transfered file but ty slams it into my temp directory. Can I change that?
    I'm fairly sure that is a client-side setting. What browser are you using?
    ....The Watch button throws errors in the tivoweb.log
    Error running MOD::do_wochandata $chan $fsid $minseconds $maxseconds $chinfo(num) $chinfo(sign) $chinfo(fsid) $starting $currenthour $onlynew - error writing "sock14": broken pipe
    After about 2 minutes back to Whatson
    Never used What's On until now either, but I can't duplicate this error. Does the channel change when you press the Watch button?
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Thanks Steve,

6.2, TivoWebPlus 2.1.3b, superpatch6.7, caked, using WMP11 and IE7 no firewalls now configured

The channel does not change after selecting the "Watch" button so I have looked at the new sendkeysplus for webremote. I do have webremote working thanks to you. I placed the sendkeysplus in a new devbin as suggested from a earlier post and renamed to sendkeys which made webremote work. But Watch still does not change the channel and breaks the pipe.

I just found the "DoSession" errors from my tivoweb.log file

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--NONE
    can't read "path": no such variable
    while executing
    "url_decode $path"
    (procedure "doSession" line 67)
    invoked from: "doSession $chan $addr $port"
    --cut here--

location is in the /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/libs/http.itcl file and I am looking for the error now. It looks like it checks for /TiVoConnect I am looking for it now.

I found url_decode proc in the /var/hack/TivoWebPlus/libs/html.itcl file with notations for TWP 2.XXX by btux9.

I may not have enought understanding to debug this code. But I will try.

I noticed that the TivoWebPlus 2.1.3b notation that is normally in the .itcl is not been placed in the http.itcl. But there are file notations in the "url_decode $path" proceedure from btux9.

I can use the ty transfer method but I am just testing the new TivoWebPlus 2.1.3b and reporting errors that I find.

I love the work that has already been done over the past few years just trying to do my part. Thanks again for your ideas.
    Last edited by lawrny; 03-02-2008 at 07:57 PM.

.....But Watch still does not change the channel and breaks the pipe....
    It looks like the Watch buttons haven't been working for a while. I've fixed them, and turned them off if sendkey is not available. (in CVS) However, it seems very unlikely that has anything to do with the broken pipe error.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Hey Steve - this time you beat me to it
    lawrny - try this for me: go to More --> Channel Prefs --> reindex. I'm willing to bet you don't see the broken pipe error after that.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    It looks like the Watch buttons haven't been working for a while. I've fixed them, and turned them off if sendkey is not available. (in CVS) However, it seems very unlikely that has anything to do with the broken pipe error.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by brianfox View Post
    Update on the SP issue. I created two SPs this afternoon in TWP 2.1.b2. I reordered one of the new ones by moving it up a few slots in the list.

After 3 hours, still nothing new in ToDo.
    After 5 hours total, programs for both new SPs appeared.

I still need to test this in TWP 2.1.b3 and also just let it sit for half a day without shuffling SPs.
    UPDATE: Running TWP 2.1.b3. Created a new SP and didn't reshuffle. Shows began appearing in ToDo list in about 30 minutes.
    BrianFox, any further test results? It would be great to figure out a way for TWP to tell the Tivo to update the ToDo list. In older TiVo software (<=v4), there was(is) an "event" system that TWP knew how to access to force tasks like this. That "event" system has been removed, and we do not know how to activate its replacement. Your testing may help to identify this. If we could identify the new function or program or whatever, we could add that to TWP.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    BrianFox, any further test results? It would be great to figure out a way for TWP to tell the Tivo to update the ToDo list. In older TiVo software (<=v4), there was(is) an "event" system that TWP knew how to access to force tasks like this. That "event" system has been removed, and we do not know how to activate its replacement. Your testing may help to identify this. If we could identify the new function or program or whatever, we could add that to TWP.
    I don't have anything new to report. There doesn't seem to be any specific thing I do in TWP that forces Tivo to update the ToDo list. I've seen it update within half an hour to half a day. Clearly there must be a force-sync mechanism. What I don't seem to understand is that some events - like deleting a program or using Hackman to change programs to "Save until I delete" update the Tivo instantly. Knowing how long it takes Tivo to reorder SPs or even add a new SP to a very long list, I'd prefer to see a Force Sync button in TWP.

Quote Originally Posted by brianfox View Post
    I don't have anything new to report. There doesn't seem to be any specific thing I do in TWP that forces Tivo to update the ToDo list. I've seen it update within half an hour to half a day. Clearly there must be a force-sync mechanism. What I don't seem to understand is that some events - like deleting a program or using Hackman to change programs to "Save until I delete" update the Tivo instantly. Knowing how long it takes Tivo to reorder SPs or even add a new SP to a very long list, I'd prefer to see a Force Sync button in TWP.
    OK, thanks.
    In your two examples, both are handled by directly changing the MFS database (deleting a show's entry, or changing the expiration date for a show). On the other hand, updating the To-do list is a "one-off" process. TWP adds a new entry to the correct place for an SP, but is dependent on "something else" to run to update the To-Do list to reflect this change. Maybe someone else will help find this "something else".

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Hey Steve - this time you beat me to it
    lawrny - try this for me: go to More --> Channel Prefs --> reindex. I'm willing to bet you don't see the broken pipe error after that.
    Thanks for the reply,

I tried go to More --> Channel Prefs --> reindex could not find find in that menu path so...

I did go to System --> Channel Prefs --> reindex the reindex completed viewed TivoWeb.log same broken pipe error as before.

Steve you stated you fixed the Watch code in (CVS) please excuse my lack of understanding does that mean it will be in the next release of ??? TivoWebPlus? I have do not have csv-mips running or installed. What benifit would I have if I installed it?
    Last edited by lawrny; 03-03-2008 at 03:23 PM.

....Steve you stated you fixed the Watch code in (CVS) please excuse my lack of understanding does that mean it will be in the next release of ??? TivoWebPlus? I have do not have csv-mips running or installed. What benifit would I have if I installed it?
    Yes, the changes that are put into CVS do end up in the next release. John1980 creates the release packages from cvs periodically. However, I believe he is on an extended trip and might not be available to create one soon.
    The advantage to having the cvs client is simply that you'd be able to download all fixes & changes directly from cvs without waiting for the release cycle.
    An alternative would be to browse the cvs site and download individual files to your TiVo. In this case, modules/whatson.itcl.
    Last edited by SteveT; 03-03-2008 at 04:09 PM.

Do you get the same error if you search only for "Favorite Channels", as opposed to the default "Channels Watched"?

I did go to System --> Channel Prefs --> reindex the reindex completed viewed TivoWeb.log same broken pipe error as before.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

More extraction/streaming stuff

I continued investigating the features of TWP 2.1.b3 and have updated my list of findings re: Streaming/Downloading :
    1) It now runs in the background and does NOT lock up TWP. BTUx9 mentioned this when he added that feature, but it's cool enough I want to mention it again!
    2) .ty and .tmf downloads use the http: protocol, not ftp: so no additional ports need to be opened.
    3) mfs_ftp is NOT required or used.
    4) the LATEST mfs-utils IS required (mfs_uberexport and vserver, to be exact).
    5) these mfs-utils programs should be placed in your path
    6) if not found in the path, possible mfs_ftp locations are checked
    7) .tmf and .ty downloading calls mfs_uberexport
    8) .asx streaming requires that vserver already be running
    9) the "tivo" download link is the same as the old "view" link. I added "view" back in because I think it's a bit clearer. Both are direct links to the vserver stream and require that vserver be running.
    10) the view option requires that your computer know how to open the tivo:// protocol. I've attached a registry addition for setting it to use Windows Media Player. Please give it a try or advise if you know of a better method.
    11) vserver uses port 8074, so you'll need 8074 open to use asx, view or tivo links.

Today I did the following -
    - Software updated from '2.0.0 (oztivo-071214)' to '2.1.b3 (oztivo-080223)'
    Now my web interface is not displayed properly -

Ideas? Firefox 2.0.0.12 on XPSP3

Quote Originally Posted by ciper View Post
    Today I did the following -
    - Software updated from '2.0.0 (oztivo-071214)' to '2.1.b3 (oztivo-080223)'
    Now my web interface is not displayed properly -
    Ideas? Firefox 2.0.0.12 on XPSP3
    Looks like the .css file hasn't refreshed. Press Ctrl-F5 and see if that helps.

any chance of including the norerecord module in a future release?

Peter.
    TiVo Series one, two, and TiVo HD

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    any chance of including the norerecord module in a future release?
    Peter.
    Probably, but I want to add a few more features first. In particular, the ability to set a custom RowFormat would be great.