Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    I've been thinking that an external bug tracker would help keep bugs from falling through the cracks... if anyone knows of a free bug tracker (not just the s/w... we don't have a server), that's reasonably good, please pipe up.

Additionally, I'm trying to unify some of the handling of issues like genres across different platforms. Since I have a very homogenous setup (all dtivos running 6.2a), it's quite difficult. If there are any kind souls out there who could give me remote access to machines running 6.3 (hr10), 7.x, 8.x, and 9.1, it should help enormously in this endeavor.
    PM me with specifics of your needs. I have a 8.3 (649) and a 9.1 (649) and a 63 (HR10) I can restore a box to 7.2.5 (649) if needed.

Has Anyone came up with any ways to transfer shows between two tivo's with mrv with tivoweb?

Quote Originally Posted by avpman View Post
    Has there been any progress in getting Season Passes to work correctly when scheduling them via TWP2b (NpkChannelDefinition problem)?
    I have created a ticket for this fault. You can browse all faults (currently there is only one!) here, , or you can view this particular call using this link

Could you try and edit line 697 in the modules/ui_season_pass.itcl file and change it from:

Code:
      # New SeasonPass format for DTivo v6.3 software
      if [PrefixMatches "6.3" $::tivoswversion] {
    to
    Code:
      # New SeasonPass format for DTivo v6.3 software
      if [PrefixMatches "8.3" $::tivoswversion] {
    Let me know if this helps and we can change the code to check for both 6.3 and 8.3 (plus any others versions that may require Npk values).
    Last edited by John1980; 10-15-2007 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    I don't see the norecord module since upgrading to the new beta version. Will it have to be updated?
    As I've said more than once... the reason I bumped the version and moved it to a beta is that external module compatibility is, again, being broken. For any externals, you'll need a version that is explicity FOR the TWP version you're running.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Search - Great Restart- NO

I had to do a tar install for some reason, so I had to remove all old components first.

Search is fantastic. I'll look at the code and see what you eventually did. Worked perfectly the first time!

Not true however with RESTART menu option. Clicking on RESTART caused the following:

--cut here--
    action:folder
    path:/10
    env:
    can't read "modlist": no such variable
    while executing
    "foreach url $modlist {
    set l [getModInfo $url]
    if {$l != ""} { lappend mods $l }
    }"
    (procedure "action_folder" line 14)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    192.168.1.222 - - [15/Oct/2007:17:49:41] /folder/0
    192.168.1.222 - - [15/Oct/2007:17:49:45] /
    192.168.1.222 - - [15/Oct/2007:17:49:49] /folder/10
    --cut here--
    env:
    while executing
    "foreach url $modlist {
    set l [getModInfo $url]
    if {$l != ""} { lappend mods $l }
    }"
    (procedure "action_folder" line 14)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

Quote Originally Posted by tas3086 View Post
    Not true however with RESTART menu option. Clicking on RESTART caused the following:
    --cut here--
    env:
    while executing
    "foreach url $modlist {
    This has been fixed in the latest CVS. Give it a try and advise advise any problems.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Hi, since upgrading to the latest beta, HiGuide does this

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action:higuide
    path:
    env:
    can't read "genres": no such variable
    while executing
    "lsearch $genres $Repeatindex"
    (procedure "do_guide_row_showing" line 140)
    invoked from within
    "do_guide_row_showing $showing $previous_show"
    ("foreach" body line 79)
    invoked from within
    "foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
    regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobjid
    set showing [db $db openidcons..."
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "transaction {uplevel $body}"
    (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
    invoked from within
    "RetryTransaction {
    foreach showingfsid [lrange $showings $x [expr $x+19]] {
    regexp {([0-9]*)/(.*)} $showingfsid junk showingobjid subobjid
    set showing..."
    (procedure "guide_get_matched_showings" line 22)
    invoked from within
    "guide_get_matched_showings $fsid $stationfsid"
    ("uplevel" body line 2)
    invoked from within
    "uplevel $body"
    invoked from within
    "ForeachMfsFile fsid name type "/Schedule" "$stationfsid:$date:" {
    set rowApp [guide_get_matched_showings $fsid $stationfsid]

append row $rowApp
    }"
    (procedure "do_guide_row" line 25)
    invoked from within
    "do_guide_row $datesutc [lindex $channel 0]"
    ("foreach" body line 2)
    invoked from within
    "foreach channel $channel_sel {
    puts $chan [tr "VALIGN=TOP" [do_guide_row $datesutc [lindex $channel 0]]]
    }"
    (file "/var/hack/TivoWebPlus/modules/higuide.tcl" line 429)
    invoked from within
    "source $::source_dir/modules/higuide.tcl"
    (procedure "MOD::action_higuide" line 2)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

I'm running a UK stand alone series 1 TiVo, 120gb hd and latest 5.6.0 hackman.

Everything else seems ok & runs faster.

Any ideas?

Thanks for a great app by the way. Lovinit

Fyi

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    This has been fixed in the latest CVS. Give it a try and advise advise any problems.
    071014 version:

clicking restart still fails.

HiGuide seems to be working for me.

( I had strange problems then I completely deleted TivoWebPlus and reinstalled from tar. Now things are working much better )

I broke genres on older s/w versions (<4.0)... the fix SHOULD be in CVS, but I don't know if it's been bundled, yet.

The restart menu issue is something I'm actively working on.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

ChannelPrefs

Looks like channel logos are not being shown on the channelPrefs menu. It appears, however , that all the logos were being processed (running tivoweb console). I could see all the png's being processed. But are not being displayed on web page. Web Source has the provisions to load the icons, but must not be present. I could not see them in the windows internet temp file either. Maybe they are not being downloaded?

MIPS cvs client working well

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    For those who want to try to pull the files via anon cvs, here's the command line:
    Code:
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@tivowebplus.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/tivowebplus co -r v2-1 -P TivoWebPlus
    I have been using Jamie's MIPS cvs binary to run this command directly from my Tivo's with good success. I just had to replace the site name with its IP address (66.35.250.90), since the Tivo doesn't have DNS.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by tas3086 View Post
    Looks like channel logos are not being shown on the channelPrefs menu. It appears, however , that all the logos were being processed (running tivoweb console). I could see all the png's being processed. But are not being displayed on web page. Web Source has the provisions to load the icons, but must not be present. I could not see them in the windows internet temp file either. Maybe they are not being downloaded?
    Working fine for me on 6.2a and 6.3d (using latest CVS code, not release package)
    Last edited by SteveT; 10-16-2007 at 06:53 PM.

Just my $00.02...

I like the additional wording to explain what everything does believe all the { } makes it look cluttered to me. I like a simple clean look and all those { } disturbs my groove.

Everything I tried seemed to work fine... Thanks !

29 patiently waiting

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Working fine for me on 6.2a and 6.3d (using latest CVS code, not release package)
    Thanks, I will wait for the new package.

( I can not get logos on channellist, logos, and other screens that support logos. Happens on both ie 6 and 7. From 6.3d system)

At the moment I'm using TivoWebPlus 2.0 - only recently upgraded from the old TivoWeb 1.9.4.

Let me start by saying thanks for the great product.

There is one feature that I had long thought would be handy to have in TivoWeb - and I thought that this might be a place to suggest it.

On the Now Playing List:
    http://tivo/nowshowing

Or on a Series List, under Now Playing:
    http://tivo/series/XXXXX

It would be handy to have a link to start playing any item that is on the list.

So far as the "why" behind this use case -
    TivoWeb's display of episodes is superior to the what the tivo displays - as it displays the Episode Title. I frequently find me looking through TivoWeb, finding the date that an episode played, and then needing to grab the the tivo remote to find that show for the given day.

If there is a way to do this, and I'm simply missing it - please let me know :-)