Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Throg's issue with the logs module was from yet another change made in tivosh in the 9.x s/w.

I've fixed the logs module (and the issue also affects part of the channel module).

Many Thanks to Throg for trying out my debug code, so I could figure out the problem.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Extraction improvement

In cvs, the current beta (v2.1) has improved extraction support.

For those who use TWP for extraction, I've modified the process so it runs in the background (TWP still remains responsive during a xfer).

And for those who forgot, the rowformat `Vlink ty tmf` will add links for ty and tmf to the NSL.

Quote Originally Posted by jonbig View Post
    So I transfered my saved copies of Bionic Woman from my secondary HDVR2 to my primary one (both running 6.2a transferred with MRV), and now TWP crashes when I try to display the NPL:

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:nowshowing, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
    bad index "1673889/13": must be integer or "end"
    while executing
    "lindex {0 0 3} $sort"
    (procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 72)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

This is TWP v2.1.b3 (oztivo-080206).

Looks like TWP has a problem with a series that it doesn't have any data for in MFS.

So I just updated to the 080218 package and I still get the same error, except it reports it on line 69 rather than 72.

Now Playing doesn't work anymore

After upgrading to the latest version, Now Playing doesnt work. I get the following message:

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:nowshowing, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
    syntax error in expression "fsid_0_==1"
    while executing
    "expr $def==1"
    (procedure "recForm_Box" line 2)
    invoked from: "recForm_Box fsid_0_"
    invoked from: "subst $rowf"
    ("uplevel" body line 6)
    invoked from: "uplevel $body"
    invoked from: "transaction {
    set err $i
    while {$i<$blen} {
    foreach $vars [lrange $batch $i [expr $i+$vsiz]] break
    if [set code [catch {uplevel $body} errs]] {
    if {$c..."
    (procedure "ForeachTrans" line 15)
    invoked from: "ForeachTrans val $vals $bsize {
    recInit -pre $preload [lindex $val 0]
    if ![recFilter $filt] {
    if {[set ret [recInit_$cmd $val $opts]]!=2} {
    if {$ret} ..."
    (procedure "putRecRows" line 8)
    invoked from: "putRecRows $chan $fmt Show $shows"
    (procedure "MOD::action_nowshowing" line 78)
    --cut here--

I can see the saved programs in Folder but not in Now Playing. Any idea what is wrong? It worked fine in previous versions.
    G.M. Durrence

Remote issues I mentioned a few days ago still exist in 2-18.

I believe it's already been mentioned in this thread (or possibly in the 2.0 thread?) but in general remote "response time" seems to have degraded quite a bit. It's really difficult (nee impossible) to FastForward through commercials and have the web remote "ready" by the time they're over. Haven't tried it in IE or in a "safe mode" instance of FF, but then I really want it working in my default browser like it used to.....

Wow... the new bundles get grabbed faster than I thought... wish you guys would give more feedback other than when something breaks

vancod: sorry, don't even have the remote stuff installed, so can't help you

durrence: I've committed a fix to CVS, but resetting the rowformats should also work

jonbig: a legacy of how nowshowing passes the sorting setting... a rogue link can mess it up but good... if you click one of the sorting links (classic, etc.), that should reset it

I've gotten PreSelect to work in my new todo code, and renamed it to todo, and the old to todo(old), but I didn't get the changed rowformat into CVS... for those of you who used blocklists simply for blocking series, change the todo rowformat to:
    Code:
    Chan^`CallSign 1`^Day^`Time 0`^Time^r`Time -1`^Date^r`Time -2`^Dur^r`Duration`^Orig.Air^r`AirDate`^`PShead`^`PS`^Desc^w`Title`: `EpTitle` `Desc`

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    Wow... the new bundles get grabbed faster than I thought... wish you guys would give more feedback other than when something breaks
    Well, as someone who remains something of neophyte when it comes to actual hacking, I refrain from a lot extraneous posting because I know first hand how daunting it can be when looking for help in a thread that has 80 pages of posts. The DD members here don't have the greatest reputation in the world for being "newbie friendly" you know... present company excepted.

So I only post when I have issue, but do know that I follow this thread every time it's posted, and appreciate the work done on each release......

But seriously - I just load the updates, they seem to work well for me, so I keep my mouth shut. I get puzzled when my menus seem to re-arrange themselves all the time, but I just assume it has to do with the CVS snapshot and what's been worked on before the last "snapshot".

With few exceptions I have loaded every release when it comes out - I use the FF "Page Update Checker" and it tells me pretty much within minutes when you change the page for TWP with a new version number

As far as the remote thing - it's not a big issue with the buttons being wonky as they're "fringe functions", but I am sad to see it getting slower in response....
    You do know I mean the "Web Remote" - right?

Don
    Last edited by vancod; 02-18-2008 at 06:30 PM.

Restore Backup

I have multiple HDVR2s all setup the same. I am trying to restore a SP/WL backup file from one machine to another and get
    Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:backup_restore_read, path:, env:fname /var/hack/TivoWebPlus//backups/settings submit Load, code:'errDbNotFound'
    can't open object (errDbNotFound)

while executing
    "db $::db openidconstruction $::setupid [expr $chansub&0xfffffff]"
        (procedure "loadStationData" line 2)
        invoked from: "loadStationData $fsid $chinfo(chansub) $rcv"
        ("uplevel" body line 2)
        invoked from: "uplevel $body"
        invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
    set bdata [loadStationData $fsid $chinfo(chansub) $rcv]
    }"
        (procedure "getStationData" line 11)
        invoked from: "getStationData chinfo $fsid"
        ("foreach" body line 10)
        invoked from: "foreach {bits id numbin fsid} $batch {
    incr ndx
    if {$filternum==-1 || ($filter&$bits)} {
    set chinfo(bits) $bits
    set chinfo(chansub) $id
    set chinfo(fsi..."
        (procedure "ForeachChannel" line 9)
        invoked from: "ForeachChannel chinfo 1 {
    regsub -- - $chinfo(num) "." channum
    RetryTransaction {
    set station [db $db openid $chinfo(fsid)]
    set fields [dbobj $station..."
        (procedure "take_snapshot_station" line 4)
        invoked from: "take_snapshot_station 0"
        (procedure "take_snapshot_for_restore" line 2)
        invoked from: "take_snapshot_for_restore"
        (procedure "load_backup" line 18)
        invoked from: "load_backup $chan $fname"
        (procedure "MOD::action_backup_restore_read" line 10)
    --cut here--
    File loads back to the machine it was taken from. Is the settings file unique to the box?

Is it just those two buttons that are giving you trouble? Did you ever make any changes to sendkey.tcl? When the sendkeyplus binary came out, there were a lot of kludges to get webremote working again (including a few of mine ). Webremote.itcl expects a clean sendkey.tcl in /tvlib/tcl/tv, so you may need to restore it.
    Is anyone else having trouble with the chan up/down buttons again?

Quote Originally Posted by vancod View Post
    As far as the remote thing - it's not a big issue with the buttons being wonky as they're "fringe functions", but I am sad to see it getting slower in response....
    You do know I mean the "Web Remote" - right?

Don
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

jonbig: a legacy of how nowshowing passes the sorting setting... a rogue link can mess it up but good... if you click one of the sorting links (classic, etc.), that should reset it
    Yup, that did it. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonbig View Post
    Yup, that did it. thanks!
    That reminded me... I tracked down where the bad link was coming from, and, big surprise, it was a bug I introduced.

I just fixed it in CVS (also a fix for new todo page not showing correct time/date under 9.x)

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Is it just those two buttons that are giving you trouble?
    Yes.
    Did you ever make any changes to sendkey.tcl?
    Nope.
    When the sendkeyplus binary came out, there were a lot of kludges to get webremote working again (including a few of mine ). Webremote.itcl expects a clean sendkey.tcl in /tvlib/tcl/tv, so you may need to restore it.
    Restore it from.....? One of the prior releases that I have? I'm not sure I'd know how far to go back, but I do have a few.
    Is anyone else having trouble with the chan up/down buttons again?
    Well, I'm not......

Thumbs up

THANKS! Hows that...

I meant that you should restore a virgin sendkey.tcl if you had ever monkeyed with it; you should be all set. What software are you using, and are you running tivovbi?

Quote Originally Posted by vancod View Post
    Yes. Nope. Restore it from.....? One of the prior releases that I have? I'm not sure I'd know how far to go back, but I do have a few.Well, I'm not......
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

I meant that you should restore a virgin sendkey.tcl if you had ever monkeyed with it; you should be all set. What software are you using, and are you running tivovbi?
    I'm not smart enough (meaning I'm also not dumb enough) to monkey with the tcl file directly, so what I have is whats in the bundle.

However, what I can do is a clean install and see what happens.
    <timewarp>
    And what happened was no change.

I then went and replaced sendkey.itcl with the version that was in the 1-30 release (the oldest one I have handy on my laptop) and it is behaving the same way. Rather inconclusive as I really can't recall when this issue first appeared. I do have some older releases archived, but don't believe that this hunt-n-replace method is the most efficient way to track when the issue was introduced....

Again, it's not like it's a big deal functionally, I just kinda assumed that any changes being made to sendkey were tracked somewhere and the entry point of the error could be easily be identified. But I'm relatively certain it was a change prior to 1-30.....

For grins, I looked at my SA-S1 (running v2.0.0 (oztivo-071214) ) and it stills works as expected.