Page 28 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by PortlandPaw View Post
    No, that's what you get and what I meant when I said you get header info that can be deleted from the file generated. If you save it as a .txt file you'll get the raw, editable text.
    Is there a easy way to format this txt so that it is easier to read. All cr are gone. It is one long string.

RCA39, 6.2a, Caked, Superpatched6.7, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3, WebRemote, Hackman, msf_utils, liveTV, vserver, tserver, 250GB drive: RCA40, same

Quote Originally Posted by lawrny View Post
    Is there a easy way to format this txt so that it is easier to read. All cr are gone. It is one long string.
    Are you reading it in Notepad? Notepad does funny things to text files sometimes. Try opening it in Wordpad.

Sounds like you need a unix-aware editor. Have you tried PSPAD?

If you don't like transferring via ftp you can set up a samba share and access your tivo as a mapped network drive under windows. Then, just make a shortcut to the log folder or setup a batch file that auto-copies the log for you.

More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Sounds like you need a unix-aware editor. Have you tried PSPAD?

If you don't like transferring via ftp you can set up a samba share and access your tivo as a mapped network drive under windows. Then, just make a shortcut to the log folder or setup a batch file that auto-copies the log for you.
    Using textpad. I"ll try your suggestion. Thanks

RCA39, 6.2a, Caked, Superpatched6.7, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3, WebRemote, Hackman, msf_utils, liveTV, vserver, tserver, 250GB drive: RCA40, same

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    The extract module checks for an executable called "mfs_uberexport" in the path. If it doesn't find it, it doesn't load Extract.
    Thanks SteveT you were correct. I loaded msf_ftp which includes mfs_uberexport and now export shows in my menu system.

This may not be the appropriate thread to ask but I seem to remember having a link in TWP to view the LiveTV buffer. What prerequisites are needed and is it still possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ciper View Post
    This may not be the appropriate thread to ask but I seem to remember having a link in TWP to view the LiveTV buffer. What prerequisites are needed and is it still possible?
    it actaully starts playing the begineeing of the live buffer, so if you've used bufferhack to get a 1 hour buffer, you'll be watching "live" that happened 60 minutes ago
    from what I remeber, you needed vserver running
    now that I poke through the menus in TWP 2.0, I don't see it...I can't quite remember where it was, sorry

although...if you could find the FSID for the live buffer, you could just use VLC or WMP to view it
    Last edited by jwciv; 03-18-2008 at 09:18 PM. Reason: added although...
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

looks like it was a module
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    although...if you could find the FSID for the live buffer, you could just use VLC or WMP to view it
    From AlphaWolf's "cipercheck.tcl" :
    Code:
    set db [dbopen]
    proc strim {str} { return [string trim $str "\{\} "] }
    RetryTransaction {
        set objindex [strim [mfs scan /Recording/LiveCache -start "" -count 1]]
        set fsid [lindex $objindex 0]
        set obj [db $db openidconstruction $fsid]
        set parts [dbobj $obj get Part]
        set part [lindex $parts end]
        set fsid [dbobj $part get File]
    }

You guys rock. Would it be too much to ask for this to be supported once again?

How would it work with a dual tuner system that has dual livetv buffers?

On a side note Ive decided to try and install a socket into my THD myself so I can run TWP.

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    looks like it was a module
    I've updated this module to work with the current 2.1.b3 structures. (attached) Please give it a try and advise results.
    Note that the limitations discussed still apply (must have vserver running, always starts at the beginning of the buffer, cannot jump forward, etc.)
    If it works well for folks, I'll add it to cvs. I'll also investigate how to determine which buffer is "active" so the sendkey stuff to clear and restart the buffer can be added back.

EDIT: I looked at the info module code for the "Currently on Live TV" box, and learned:
    It gets a /State/MyWorld/LastChannel value and then hunts through the the guide for that channel (today and sometimes yesterday) to find the show which overlaps the current time. Ouch. There has got to be a better way than that, especially since that LastChannel doesn't seem to change when I switch tuners.
    Last edited by SteveT; 03-19-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added progress note on identifying live buffer
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

I've updated this module to work with the current 2.1.b3 structures. (attached) Please give it a try and advise results.
    Note that the limitations discussed still apply (must have vserver running, always starts at the beginning of the buffer, cannot jump forward, etc.)
    If it works well for folks, I'll add it to cvs. I'll also investigate how to determine which buffer is "active" so the sendkey stuff to clear and restart the buffer can be added back.

EDIT: I looked at the info module code for the "Currently on Live TV" box, and learned:
    It gets a /State/MyWorld/LastChannel value and then hunts through the the guide for that channel (today and sometimes yesterday) to find the show which overlaps the current time. Ouch. There has got to be a better way than that, especially since that LastChannel doesn't seem to change when I switch tuners.

I loaded livetv and it works just like the old version. I love your ideas to make it closer to real live TV with channel changing abilities. Waiting with excitement!!! Wow! Solve this and I can shutdown my SlingBox.
    Last edited by lawrny; 03-19-2008 at 10:34 PM.

Streaming Live TV

It works nicely on my DTivo. I was getting the same show regardless of which tuner I chose at first, but then I realized that both tuners got switched to the same channel when one lost its signal due to a big rainstorm.

It would be insanely nice if you could change the channel on the background tuner without disturbing anyone watching TV. I tried to fake that by setting a 1 minute manual recording for the channel I wanted the background tuner to switch to. That sort of worked, but it's ugly and kludgy. The next thing I tried was sending key presses to quickly switch tuners, change the channel, switch tuners again then press replay twice. That's far from a perfect solution, but works.

It would also be nice to have an indicator of which tuner was currently being shown on the TV.

Solve this and I can shutdown my SlingBox.
    It still doesnt transcode on the fly to lower bitrates but for the local LAN I agree!

GDchecker is still acting funky on the under 9.2a. Has there been any headway made in fixing it?