Page 31 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by Omikron View Post
    My understanding is that that binary is specifically for the Tivo HD (Gen06) platform and not for the Series3 (Gen05).
    Ahh..you're right. I have neither so sometimes I forget the subtle distinctions. However, I don't believe vserver handles any of the actual video conversion, that's what the pc side ty-plugins were for.

More bugs! (I think...)

Search also seems to not work right with the latest CVS build...

-------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------ --cut here--action:search, path:, env:searchby 0 cat 0 scat 0 q {family guy} submit Search, code:'CHILDSTATUS 1020 1'
    child process exited abnormally
    while executing
    "close $f"
    (procedure "getTitleSearch" line 35)
    invoked from: "getTitleSearch $q $cat $scat"
    (procedure "doTitleSearch" line 4)
    invoked from: "doTitleSearch $env"
    (procedure "MOD::action_search" line 48)
    invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

Now that I think about it some more, I'm guessing vserver hasn't been updated to work with the new HD platforms. Is there any hope on getting this updated?
    vserver works fine on the Series3. It's the client side that probably doesn't understand S3 ty streams. vserver is very low level (block level access to MFS). The client is what needs to understand how to grok ty streams. It's pretty straight forward to extract mpg transport streams from the S3 ty streams. The client side (TyShow, vlc, ...) could probably be altered to do that, borrowing code from s3tots. You'd have to ask bcc's, since his license doesn't allow redistribution without permission.

The s3tots code could also be merged into mfs_uberexport or tserver, for example, to do this on the tivo side as bcc has suggested. vserver probably isn't the right place though. We'd have to discuss with bcc whether there was any licensing issues (mfs-utils is GPL V2'd; s3tots is not).

This is really getting strange now. I would have thought that *I* had broken something, but everything seems to work fine under the last packaged release. The latest CVS gives me this when looking at Preferences -> Genres:

Code:
    --cut here--action:preferences, path:/14, env:, code:'ARITH DIVZERO {divide by zero}'
    divide by zero
        while executing
    "expr ( 0.0 + ([lindex $vector 0] * -3) + ([lindex $vector 1] * -2) + ([lindex $vector 2] * -1) + ([lindex $vector 4] * 1) + ([lindex $vector 5] * 2) +..."
        ("foreach" body line 27)
        invoked from: "foreach genrel $newgenrelist2 {
    set genrenum [lindex $genrel 0]
    set genrestr [strim [lindex $genrel 1]]
    set path "/Preference/a/$preftype/$genrenum"
    i..."
        ("uplevel" body line 2)
        invoked from: "uplevel $body"
        invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
    foreach genrel $newgenrelist2 {
    set genrenum [lindex $genrel 0]
    set genrestr [strim [lindex $genrel 1]]
    set path "/Preference/a/$pr..."
        (procedure "MOD::action_preferences" line 36)
        invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

Hm...

The thing is that I use the "Info" screen to quickly check what's being recorded and whatnot, and I rarely look at the space information. I think others are probably in the same boat. Since checking the space is such an intensive task, wouldn't it make more sense to rip it out into a separate module and and link to it from the Info page?

Does anyone else have any interest in such a change?
    I've been looking into a LiveTV module, which would include the "Currently Recording" and "Currently on Live TV" blocks from the top of Info. I'm a bit stuck because the "Currently on Live TV" block is often incorrect for my dual-tuner machines. However, I may clean it up a bit and publish what I've got shortly.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I've been looking into a LiveTV module, which would include the "Currently Recording" and "Currently on Live TV" blocks from the top of Info. I'm a bit stuck because the "Currently on Live TV" block is often incorrect for my dual-tuner machines. However, I may clean it up a bit and publish what I've got shortly.
    I'm glad you brought the dual-tuner issue up. There are many areas of TWP that are simply not DT-aware. For example, if you bring up the HiGuide the "Conflicting" filter assumes only one tuner, and not two.

I haven't tried this yet, but I would also venture to guess that the conflict resolution feature of TWP is also probably not DT-aware.

Steve: rather than a separate module, why not modify the current one to let you bail out before the hard drive queries? Simple-minded proposal attached.

Hm...

The thing is that I use the "Info" screen to quickly check what's being recorded and whatnot, and I rarely look at the space information. I think others are probably in the same boat. Since checking the space is such an intensive task, wouldn't it make more sense to rip it out into a separate module and and link to it from the Info page?

Does anyone else have any interest in such a change?
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Steve: rather than a separate module, why not modify the current one to let you bail out before the hard drive queries? Simple-minded proposal attached.
    That one appears to behave in the same way. What did you change?

It gives you a drop-down called "snapshot." Choose that and it bypasses the disk search. If your theme doesn't support drop-downs (although I thought they all did, thanks to SteveT) use a commandline like:

http://tivoaddress/info/?snapshot=yes

That one appears to behave in the same way. What did you change?
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    It gives you a drop-down called "snapshot." Choose that and it bypasses the disk search. If your theme doesn't support drop-downs (although I thought they all did, thanks to SteveT) use a commandline like:

http://tivoaddress/info/?snapshot=yes
    Ah! I missed that. This works quite well. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Can't wait to test it!!!!!!

RCA39, 6.2a, Caked, Superpatched6.7, TivoWebPlus 2.1.b3, WebRemote, Hackman, msf_utils, liveTV, vserver, tserver, 250GB drive: RCA40, same

I played around with this (with some, but not much success) a few years ago. I've attached the file in hopes that it might help.
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."

Just as a casual user, 2.1 is looking great.

WebRemote works as well as it ever did with and HR10. Will that and sendkeyplus be rolled into a future package?

The Info Snapshot is wonderful. I'll say Info *used* to be accurate and dual tuner aware with the HR10, but that was 3.1.5 and the old WebRemote version.

I have noticed that Delete from NPL works fine, but fails to populate the confirm screen from Folders.

All in all you guy do great work. The lack of feedback is just a lack of complaints

Will we see a newer distro anytime soon? 080223 is a whole month old now

Quote Originally Posted by kimsan View Post
    Just as a casual user, 2.1 is looking great.
    WebRemote works as well as it ever did with and HR10. Will that and sendkeyplus be rolled into a future package?
    Thanks. Webremote.itcl is in cvs and will be part of the next package. However, sendkeyplus is dependent on routerplus, which cannot be distributed, so no, it will never be part of the package. I do plan to create a page with links to the "additional" software someday to simplify finding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimsan View Post
    Will we see a newer distro anytime soon? 080223 is a whole month old now
    Not sure. Both the big guns who create the packages (BTUx9 and John1980) are unavailable. I'm not sure when they'll be back. Until then, you might want to install and setup the cvs client to download intermediate fixes directly from the sourceforge site.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

TWP Conflict with NCID 0.69?
    I am running TWP 2.1 (080223)/Hackman 6.0.15 and NCID 0.69 on a Philips DSR7000R (6.3F) and seem to be having some strange issues. I can run either TWP or NCID by itself fine, but if I run both, NCID stops responding and/or TWP has an issue where it doesn't display some of the graphics on the page. If I run NCID with TWP stopped it works fine and if I run TWP with NCID stopped it also works fine. Running both seems to be a problem. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks.
    Philips DSR 7000R - 6.3f 300 GB
    DirecTV R10 - 200 GB
    Keith
    Jarrettsville. MD