Page 58 of 85 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Live TV - Series 1

When trying to use the Live TV module on a Series 1 running 3.0 software I get:

Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:livetv, path:, env:, code:'NONE'
    no such object: 
        while executing
    "dbobj $series fsid"
        ("uplevel" body line 20)
        invoked from: "uplevel $body"
        invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
    set inprog [db $db openid $id]
    set indexpath [dbobj $inprog get IndexPath]
    if {![string match "*LiveCache*" $indexpath]} {
    set show..."
        ("uplevel" body line 2)
        invoked from: "uplevel $body"
        (procedure "ForeachMfsFile" line 6)
        invoked from: "ForeachMfsFile id name "tyDb" "/Recording/InProgress" "" {
    RetryTransaction {
    set inprog [db $db openid $id]
    set indexpath [dbobj $inprog get IndexPat..."
        (procedure "MOD::action_livetv" line 26)
        invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    I can watch items from the NPL. I also tried using Portland Paw's module with TWP 2.0, but it doesn't allow viewing while recording.

Is the Live TV module supposed to work on the Series 1?

TIA
    9 - HDVR2's - 300 gig , networked, Zippered & Tweaked
    2 - Phillips HDR312 - CCTV DVR, 300 gig, networked
    TivoWebPlus, mfs_ftp, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoosh View Post
    It sort of works on my UK Series 1 Thomson PVR10UK Tivo. But I can't actually view the live program on the Tivo using the ASX stream (what would play ASX feeds I wonder) though. It just tells you what channel it is on and what program etc:-

Here is the output I get from the module.

View Live TV Buffers
    Tuner(1) view asx
    Currently on Live TV
    Program: Space: 1999
    Episode: The Last Enemy
    Description: The lunar colonists adrift in space find themselves caught up in a war between two planets.
    Channel: 120 ITV4
    Send Remote Commands
    LiveTV
    Channel Up
    Channel Down
    Last Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Capvermell View Post
    But I can't actually view the live program on the Tivo using the ASX stream (what would play ASX feeds I wonder) though.
    Windows Media Player will play them. See here:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...reg#post297768

and here:

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=356

for options and instructions.

AFAIK, it should work, but it breaks if there's no series record found... around line 72 of livetv.itcl, try changing
    set series [dbobj $program get Series]
    set seriesfsid [dbobj $series fsid]
    set title [strim [dbobj $program get Title]]
    to
    set title [strim [dbobj $program get Title]]
    set seriesfsid [dbobj $program gettarget Series]
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    AFAIK, it should work, but it breaks if there's no series record found... around line 72 of livetv.itcl, try changing to
    That cleared the error, but it crashes WMP 11. The player opens and then says it encountered a problem and stops. I am able to view/asx from the NPL, but not live tv buffer from Series 1.

This is on an unsubbed S1, manually recording CCTV cameras on composite inputs. No title or episode data. That was probably causing the earlier reported error. The above suggested mods cleared the error, but something is still not right.

I am troubleshooting WMP, but since it plays from the NPL I don't think it's in WMP. Also, I am able to watch the live tv buffer on the Series 2 DTiVo's on the network.

Thanks for your quick response above.
    Last edited by unclemoosh; 03-11-2009 at 04:14 PM.

what link type are you using from the NPL and the live TV screen?

what link type are you using from the NPL and the live TV screen?
    Both the view and asx work for NPL. Neither work for live TV buffer.

Any hope of getting the Screen module working for versions >4?

Is there any way to get a dump of the currently displayed menus for a Series2 DTivo running 6.2? I'd like to try and get the Screen module working again. I've installed SendKeyPlus to get the WebRemote working, but unfortunately, it doesn't understand the dumpState command (I'm assuming that dumpState was removed from newer versions of tivoapp).

Is there something on tvBus that could be sniffed via RouterPlus, maybe?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Capvermell View Post
    I don't have a TWP.log file and nothing in any of the four or so other log files (such as tivoweb.log and kernel.log) with entries at around the time OzTivo was accessing the Tivo seem to have relevant data.
    I've found the problems, and they are manifold. Not really surprising in that web scrapers are notoriously unstable and can be broken by the slightest changes.

Why do you like the widget so much? have you tried using the rss feeds for NPL and Todo?

To fix the widget properly, I'd have to provide a new interface for it and rewrite it to use the new protocol. This would be a fair amount of work, and I'm just not sure whether it's worth it or not.

Both the view and asx work for NPL. Neither work for live TV buffer.
    the view links from NPL and LiveTV seem to be basically identical in format, so if LiveTV isn't working, I'd suspect whatever vserver you're running doesn't handle the live buffer properly.
    Frankly, I'm not quite sure HOW vserver handles a currently-recording show, and whether it properly safeguards against transferring beyond the current record point.

Frankly, I'm not quite sure HOW vserver handles a currently-recording show, and whether it properly safeguards against transferring beyond the current record point.
    vserver is very low level: basically a network block access API. All file system and file contents understanding has to occur on the client side -- whatever is groking the .asx links on the client side.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    vserver is very low level: basically a network block access API. All file system and file contents understanding has to occur on the client side -- whatever is groking the .asx links on the client side.
    so there isn't any safeguarding against processing invalid areas that haven't been recorded yet (or, more likely contain old recording info). That's about what I figured.

so there isn't any safeguarding against processing invalid areas that haven't been recorded yet (or, more likely contain old recording info). That's about what I figured.
    It's like a raw block level device. vserver knows nothing about the contents of the blocks. It's up to the client side to interpret the data, even at the file system level. What is on the client side that understands MFS? Is this the old TyShow code, or something else?

I've found the problems, and they are manifold. Not really surprising in that web scrapers are notoriously unstable and can be broken by the slightest changes.

To fix the widget properly, I'd have to provide a new interface for it and rewrite it to use the new protocol. This would be a fair amount of work, and I'm just not sure whether it's worth it or not.

Why do you like the widget so much? have you tried using the rss feeds for NPL and Todo?
    I like the fact that the Widget keeps me updated with what is recording on the Tivo and what has been recorded recently through a small on screen widget that does not take up the whole screen. I also like its very cute design (including the TivoGuy) and generally professional software standard finish of presentation. It is much cuter in design terms than the interfaces of either TivoWeb 1.9.4 or the various incarnations of TivoWebPlus.

From my point of view I also still use TivoWeb 1.9.4 as in the UK we have certain module such as our Highlights module, Search By Advisory Codes (part of LJ's extended UI for Tivoweb 1.9.4) and xtivoweb (for mobile phone use of Tivoweb) that only work under TivoWeb 1.9.4 UK professional upgrader, hacker and Tivocommunity member mikerr is also still developing modules for the Tivoweb 1.9.4 environment rather than for TivoWebPlus. Also LJ's httpd logging of external web access attempts to the Tivo only seems to be supported again under Tivoweb 1.9.4

As TivoWeb 1.9.4 still supports the last released version of the OzTivo Widget then from my point of view the decision is simple that I will continue to run Tivoweb 1.9.4 memory resident and then switch across to TivoWebPlus 2.1.0 using Hackman when I need to use something unique to TivoWebPlus.

However a snag with the OzTivo widget was that it never properly utilised the setpri command so as to not overwhem Tivoweb with data polling requests to the extent where an existing recording on a Tivo S1 can stutter and pixellate while the polling is taking place. Therefore as TivoWebPlus 2.1.0 handles memory management better than TivoWeb 1.9.4 I was hoping that TivoWebPlus 2.1.0 would support the Oztivo widget whilst also eliminating the issues with it causing periodic breakup in a live recording if the Widget is polling for data. On my own TivoWebPlus 2.1.0 setup I have messed around a lot with the standard menu orders and layouts so I was concerned that this was perhaps impeding the Widget's screen scraping activities. However it does now sound like a more major structural change in TivoWebPlus 2.1.0 than I had originally supposed was likely has more fundamentally disabled the Widget from continuing to interact with TivoWebPlus successfully.

the priority problem isn't with the widget... it has no control over it

I'm fairly certain the setpri in tivoweb 1.9.4 is actually the cause of the problem, not the solution.

fifo 1 runs at higher priority than many parts of myworld (not a good thing)

try changing line 9 of httpd-tt.tcl to "setpri ts 0" and see if it improves.

Looking for TivoWebplus 2.0 Advice - DTivo RCA40 Series 2

I recently replaced a DVRUpgrade disk under warranty and in the process the software loaded on the disk was upgraded to Tivo 6.4a-01-2-121 (previously 6.2), and TivoWebPlus 2.0 (previously 1.3). The old disk appeared to be flakey according to the error log and the operational characteristics (very long pauses between actions, or completely hanging up).

Now everything seems to work fine except the thing that I use most - searching. I get two types of errors. On a simple Title Keyword search, Category Sports, Sub-Category Basketball, Search for Lakers I get:
    Search Results for 'couldn't execute "/ptvupgrade/tivowebplus/bin_mips/bsearch": permission denied'

On a one word title search it results in:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_search '' 'set "searchby" "0";set "cat" "0";set "scat" "0";set "q" "countdown";'
    couldn't execute "/ptvupgrade/tivowebplus/bin_mips/bsearch": permission denied
    while executing
    "open "|$::bin_dir/bsearch $fnam \"$modq\"" "r""
    (procedure "getTitleSearch" line 13)
    invoked from within
    "getTitleSearch $q $cat $scat"
    (procedure "doTitleSearch" line 4)
    invoked from within
    "doTitleSearch $env"
    (procedure "MOD::action_search" line 56)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--

Even the Info function blows up:
    INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action_info '' ''
    couldn't execute "/ptvupgrade/tivowebplus/bin_mips/get_space": permission denied
    while executing
    "error $error"
    (procedure "get_totalsizes" line 8)
    invoked from within
    "get_totalsizes"
    (procedure "MOD::action_info" line 4)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    --cut here--

I am a novice and have some experience building the software on a raw disk from scratch, but always get to some point where I destroy some of the functionality. In this case, the disk is straight from DVRUpgraded without modification. They have no clue why TivoWebPlus is not working and referred me to this forum. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.

Robin