Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

both errors are related... the executable permissions got lost on some of the files... easiest thing may be to try running update in TWP, and updating to the latest 2.1 bundle.

you can download it from http://thomson.tivo.googlepages.com/tivowebplus4

update should be under the System menu in TWP

if that doesn't work, you could:
    telnet in to the tivo,
    set root to r/w (just entering "rw" at the prompt may work"),
    then "chmod +x /ptvupgrade/tivowebplus/bin_mips/*"
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Folderize broke

Folderize worked perfectly before my tivohd went to 11.0b-01-2-652. Now I can select a show in NPL, press "Folderize", but the pulldown list to choose from is empty. I add an entry, calling it "Movies", and get:
    Code:
    -------INTERNAL SERVER ERROR------  --cut here--action:folderize, path:, env:fsids 36910 folder -1 fnam Movies subv {Create New Folder} fsida(36910) on, code:'TV_NM_NAME_NOT_FOUND'
    unlink failed (TV_NM_NAME_NOT_FOUND)

while executing
    "mfs unlink /Theme/$name~$thid"
        invoked from: "if {$create} {
    mfs unlink /Rubbish/$spid
    mfs unlink /Theme/$name~$thid
    }"
        ("uplevel" body line 4)
        invoked from: "uplevel $body"
        invoked from: "transaction {uplevel $body}"
        (procedure "RetryTransaction" line 5)
        invoked from: "RetryTransaction {
    mfs linkpath /SeasonPass/Folders/F$name~$spid $spid
    mfs linkpath /SeasonPass/Folders/T$name~$thid $thid
    if {$create} {
    mfs unlink /..."
        (procedure "create_wish_fold" line 28)
        invoked from: "create_wish_fold $fnam"
        invoked from: "if [info exists folder] {
    if {$folder==-1} {
    if {$fnam==""} {throw "Must supply a name for the new folder"}
    set folder [create_wish_fold $fnam]
    }
    set ..."
        (procedure "MOD::action_folderize" line 5)
        invoked from: "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--
    I can do that a couple of times (changing the number of fingers I cross each time) and then go look at /wishlists and they're all listed. While I'm there I delete all save one.

I can go to /folders, select the folder and press Assign - /folders?action=folders&sub=assign&sort=0 - and see the list of unassigned shows, select a couple and press Assign Folder but they don't actually get assigned.

rbautch's folder.tcl can also see the "Movies" wishlist folder and says it can move a show to it, but it doesn't, either.

Fixing Permissions Worked

Thank you very very much for the help. The chmod command worked perfectly and now I can search. Thank you for not disrespecting a novice to Linux. Although I used to be a techie, it was decades ago when machine and assembly language were my tools of choice (IBM 7074, 1401, 1460, etc.).

Robin

Quote Originally Posted by robinmichael View Post
    Thank you very very much for the help. The chmod command worked perfectly and now I can search. Thank you for not disrespecting a novice to Linux. Although I used to be a techie, it was decades ago when machine and assembly language were my tools of choice (IBM 7074, 1401, 1460, etc.).

Robin
    yeah, hard to get a card reader or asr/33 teletype interface for tivos.

Really? You should be able to set the kernel boot parameters to set the serial port to 110 baud and hook that teletype right up! You might need to wire a custom cable, though.

asr/33 teletypes didn't use rs232 serial protocol, they used a current loop... ugly
    Last edited by BTUxNine; 03-24-2009 at 02:49 PM.

RS-232 isn't a serial protocol, it's a physical/electrical standard (in modern terms, layer 1, not layer 2). Regardless, the Teletype 43 was available with an RS-232 interface.

Oh, and current loop signaling has the advantage of working reliably across many thousands of feet, as opposed to the limits imposed on RS-232 by its voltage based signaling, and is still in use today, particularly in manufacturing. Hardly "ugly."

My choice of the word "protocol" was ill-chosen... I just couldn't think of a better word at the time.

I know there were other teletype devices that did support RS232, and that's why I specified the asr/33 in my original post.

My comments about "ugly" were from personal experience trying to get a PC to print to an asr/33 back in High School. I know that it's quite reliable (with some machines still functioning today).

We're about as far off-topic as we can get, so it's probably best to drop this.

Blocking rules for TWP 2.1?

On the TWP 1.3.1 (I think) I made big use of an automatic blocking facility in the Todo list. It would let me block programs from recording by using date and time, enabling me to block programs with the same names but I didn't want. Eg. It'd record every episode of program X but not on Fri at 12:30. So I'd just enter the rules for the repeats I didn't want, and I'd never have to worry about it.

On the latest TWP 2.1 I love most of the improved features, but really miss the automatic blocking. The closest feature seems to be the PreSelect filter in Todo, but it seems to be a simple block-always without any ability to only block based on day or time, and I have to go and manually delete the unwanted programs every week.

Any way I can get the more sophisticated Todo blocking behaviour back in TWP 2.1?

The old todo has been left in for that very reason... it's normally found in the "more" menu.

Fantastic -it's right there with it's clever service.

One more thing would be even more helpful, and I thought there was already something like this but doesn't seem to work now: Programs that you've given rules to block, can these be set to automatically not record? (Rather than just being ticked for blocking in the old Todo list and you have to select CancelRecordings to actually stop them recording)

I know the original didn't have the ability to auto-cancel, because of the inherent dangers. I don't know if any other module provides that or not. (I don't use the function, personally)

new screentext in CVS

There's a new version of screentext (the replacement for displaytext) in CVS. Changes include a new interface that only shows available options for the selected osd program (much less confusing), support for newtext2osd, right and left justify. Also it blinks, which increases your ability to annoy your family exponentially.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Updated OzTiVo widget

The changes to TWP that allow the new widget to work are only in CVS at the moment (not bundled).

Except for the initial load, periodic updates should be MUCH easier on the tivo now, as they only request data for changed items.

p.s. Don't ask me why I did this... I haven't figured that out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by chis View Post
    Programs that you've given rules to block, can these be set to automatically not record? (Rather than just being ticked for blocking in the old Todo list and you have to select CancelRecordings to actually stop them recording)
    There was an application to do this... it did not handle the blockpatterns but I do have a hacked version I made up a while back for this. I have attached what I am running. I don't really have time to get it tidy (off overseas until the end of the month), but it should work okay for you (the file locations for blocklist.txt and blockpatt.txt may need changing). In any case it is running fine on an old UK v2.5.5 unit.

PS: Look like NZ is finally going to get TiVo! (http://www.mytivo.co.nz/)

PPS: I've updated the online bundle.
    Last edited by John1980; 04-04-2009 at 06:23 AM.