Page 6 of 84 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Cool, sorry for the loose use of jargon .

Quote Originally Posted by John1980 View Post
    You could try create a file called channelgrid.cfg in your config directory that contains "set START_DAY today" as it defaults to yesterday.
    Thanks. That worked perfectly!

This might get a little messy as the Tivo runs in GMT so handling the edge case could complicate/bloat the code more than the benefit is worth. If I have time I might get around to having a look and see if I can get this handling local timezones... it's not so easy as my units run in GMT/UTC so it's harder to test.
    If you can easily get the GMT equivalent for the local time of 00:00 for the start day, it may not be too bad. You could get the next 7*24 hours of programming from that time, and lay it into the grid in a loop using only the program duration. I'm willing to work on it and do testing, if you can point me in the right direction...

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles209 View Post
    The last column of the grid (Thursday) has data up to 16:00, but all the cells from 16:00 to 23:45 are blank. I'm in Pacific time, and the DTiVo is running 6.2 with "do not observe daylight savings" set. The blank zone is the overlap to the next day in UTC (sometimes cells after 16:00 have data in them, but only if they are a continuation of a show that started before 16:00)
    Give the latest bundle (071120) a go and let me know... it should now handle the boundary cases.

071120 and tzoffset

Give the latest bundle (071120) a go and let me know... it should now handle the boundary cases.
    Comparing 071120 and 071118 side by side:

071120 correctly shows the tzoffset to be -28800

Both get 177 entries for channel 5

Both take 20 seconds to render the page

The lower half of the page has "compressed" slightly in the vertical direction on 071120. I can see an extra 15 minute row when looking at the latter part of the day. The top part is identical. This difference does not seem to have any functional implications. See attached jpg files.

071120 does show the entire week in Pacific time. The schedule data and recording information for the 6 2/3 days that are present on both versions are identical.

Brilliant! And many thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Internal Server Errors - Logs

I'm running a UK Tivo and TW+ 2.1.0. When I try to check Logs I get the following:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action:logs
    path:
    env:
    extra characters after close-quote
    while compiling
    "puts $chan "please don't do that"[html_end]..."
    ("if" then script line 2)
    while compiling
    "if { [PrefixMatches .. $path]} { ..."
    ("if" else script line 3)
    while compiling
    "if {$path == ""} { ..."
    (compiling body of proc "MOD::action_logs", line 17)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

Best regards,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by ageew View Post
    Internal Server Errors - Logs

I'm running a UK Tivo and TW+ 2.1.0. When I try to check Logs I get the following:

INTERNAL SERVER ERROR
    --cut here--
    action:logs
    path:
    env:
    extra characters after close-quote
    while compiling
    "puts $chan "please don't do that"[html_end]..."
    ("if" then script line 2)
    while compiling
    "if { [PrefixMatches .. $path]} { ..."
    ("if" else script line 3)
    while compiling
    "if {$path == ""} { ..."
    (compiling body of proc "MOD::action_logs", line 17)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $chan $path $env"
    --cut here--

Best regards,

Bill
    That problem has been corrected in later releases. Use the Update module to upgrade to the latest.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Series 1, v3.0 OzTiVo. & Series 2, V4.01b.

I have upgraded both units from TWP2.0 to TWP 2.1.b2 (oztivo-071120) using the update feature. Both produce the same errors as follows:

-main menu still shows V2.0.0 (info page correct)

-After selecting scheduled suggestions to be deleted, I get:

action_confirmdelete '/8/' 'set "fsid_1_184705" "on";set "fsid_2_184691" "on";set "fsid_3_184692" "on";set "fsid_4_184713" "on";set "fsid_5_184693" "on";set "fsid_6_184727" "on";set "fsid_7_184695" "on";set "fsid_8_185372" "on";set "fsid_9_184046" "on";set "fsid_10_184025" "on";set "fsid_11_185373" "on";set "fsid_12_185374" "on";set "fsid_14_185392" "on";set "fsid_15_185393" "on";set "fsid_16_185375" "on";set "fsid_17_185301" "on";set "fsid_19_185405" "on";set "fsid_20_185547" "on";set "submit" "Delete Shows";'
    invalid command name "eval_env"
    while executing
    "eval_env"
    (procedure "MOD::action_confirmdelete" line 4)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    (procedure "do_action" line 19)
    invoked from within
    "do_action $action $chan $part $env 1"
    -Also Channel grid not working:

action_channelgrid '' ''
    while executing
    "eval_env"
    (procedure "MOD::action_channelgrid" line 125)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    invoked from within
    -After selecting todo list items to be deleted, I get

action_confirmdelete '/7/' 'set "fsid_6_185257" "on";set "submit" "Delete Shows";'
    while executing
    "eval_env"
    (procedure "MOD::action_confirmdelete" line 4)
    invoked from within
    "$cmd $p1 $p2 $p3"
    invoked from within
    There are probably other issues, but as these all seem to be "eval_env" related I don't think it's worth looking till these are resolved.

Any Suggestions?

Peter.
    Last edited by petestrash; 11-24-2007 at 02:22 AM.
    TiVo Series one, two, and TiVo HD

Quote Originally Posted by petestrash View Post
    .... as these all seem to be "eval_env" related I don't think it's worth looking till these are resolved.....
    I'd suggest a Quit and then restart TWP. (Or reboot your TiVo).

John recently changed the Update module to do a "Quit & Restart", but I believe your 2.0.0 version was prior to that change, so you'll need to do it manually this time.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    I'd suggest a Quit and then restart TWP. (Or reboot your TiVo).

John recently changed the Update module to do a "Quit & Restart", but I believe your 2.0.0 version was prior to that change, so you'll need to do it manually this time.
    If this does not work. Delete the TivoWebPlus and the TWP directories, and reload the programs from the zip file. Going back to defaults has helpd sometimes. (be sure to delete both directories)

Missing NPL listing

Since upgrading to 1120 and then 1124, all listing in the NPL have disappeared.
    They are showing up in Extract.
    Ive tried a full reboot of Tivo SA1 but its still the same.
    Any Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bossmansl View Post
    Since upgrading to 1120 and then 1124, all listing in the NPL have disappeared.
    They are showing up in Extract.
    Ive tried a full reboot of Tivo SA1 but its still the same.
    Any Ideas?
    One of the first things to try is a "Full Restart"... that does more reloading than a tivo reboot does.

the blank NPL happened to me, too, btw... not sure exactly what caused it (as there were no errors being reported) but the full restart seemed to fix it.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Terrible time with upgrade to v2.1.B2 today

I ended up with 3 machines with 3 different versions of menus all from the same 11/24 distribution. One has a full set of menus. One has 7 top main menu items. One box had 3 items until I cycled through the three available versions of TWP on the web site. Some combination of reloads, restarts, and updates got me all menu items. I wish I would have kept better notes.

All three boxes started from different versions of TWP. The box that I have not gotten working yet started with the V2.1.b1 (071007) package. I even tried a complete deletion of the TivoWebPlus directory and a manual load of the 11/24 distribution. There is nothing interesting in the logs that point to anything.

Kinda stumped.
    HR10-250 - 500G, HR34-700, HR20-700, HR22-100, HR22-100

if you go to the menuedit module, you should be able to reset menus to defaults... if they are still screwed up, check distribution info (link in info screen) and post your log for a full restart.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by tas3086 View Post
    If this does not work. Delete the TivoWebPlus and the TWP directories, and reload the programs from the zip file. Going back to defaults has helpd sometimes. (be sure to delete both directories)
    Reboot's and restarts have had no effect.

And unfortunately I am travelling at the moment and will not return home till mid January. TWP is the only contact I have with the 5 TiVo's. I do not have remote telnet access, so I can't delete and re install.

Even the upgrade feature now gives me the "eval_env" error, so I cannot downgrade to the v2.0.0 stable which worked before.

Any other suggestions?

Peter.
    TiVo Series one, two, and TiVo HD

35 Are SteveT's Themes _exactly_ the same?

S1 DTiVo GXEBODT running a fresh install from tarball of the 11-24 release

I loaded the GreenWireJacket theme and it's rather different than the theme of the same name found on SteveT's site... The background image is... odd, and the menu items (e.g. shows in NPL) don't have the same highlight action.

Before I just blindly grab SteveT's themes and jam them in I wanted to check.....

Bravo on the work so far, as always, thanks guys
    Don