Results 991 to 1,005 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Holy crap - and there it is!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vancod View Post
    Holy crap - and there it is!

Thanks
    You're very welcome.

MFS_FTP tends to hammer mfs quite a bit (especially with long playing lists), so, unless you need the ability to upload TO your tivo, using TWP's d/l links puts much less strain on the poor tivo's limited resources.
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

the one feature that mfs_ftp has that I don't see in TWP is the ability to upload mfs files. has anyone thought of adding that capability?

iphone safari shuts down

hi all, I am running the TWP2.1b3 (091208) version on my Series 2 DTivos. I just got an iPhone and I have a problem with Safari shutting down after I log in (I am using a password on a forwarded port). I have tried a bunch of 3rd party browsers on my iphone as well, but either they can't read specific ports or they will also shut down right after log in. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem and if they had a solution for it?

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    -Sig-line-
    Check Out my Tivo Hacking Wiki with info on TWP2.0 and Tivoserver
    For what it's worth, Ken appears to have taken down your wiki.

edit - hmmm... for some reason I thought there would be a way for me to delete this after you ack'd it.
    edit2 - yeah, the button *says* Edit/Delete, but I see no delete function; only edit.
    Last edited by Darr247; 03-22-2010 at 07:19 PM. Reason: edits listed in body

Can someone help me with this? I just got another tivo, put in a larger harddrive, put in all the hacks, etc along with tivowebplus v2.1.b2 and can't stream any of the recordings. I have vserver installed, running via author file and have verified it's running. Problem seems to be in the links that TWP produces on the now playing list. I have another tivo running TWP v1.3.1 and can watch recorded shows via streaming just fine.

A link from TWP 1.3.1 that works is:
    192.168.10.110/asx/4429271.asx

TWP v2.1.b2 produces this link:
    192.168.10.151/%7BFriends%7D%7BThe%20One%20With%20the%20Wedding%20Dresses%7 D%7BPI22%7D%7B32641%7D.asx

Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong and what I need to do to fix this?

Pertinent details:
    Hughes Directivo SD-DVR40, HD upgraded, all hacks installed.

Many thanks in advance, this is driving me nutz.

did you remember to install the extraction tools (mfs_export, mfs_tmfstream, etc)in the path?

I think I ended up having to put them in /TivoWebPlus to get it working

Quote Originally Posted by dlang View Post
    did you remember to install the extraction tools (mfs_export, mfs_tmfstream, etc)in the path?

I think I ended up having to put them in /TivoWebPlus to get it working
    Ummm didn't know I needed those. I'm not trying to pull them out in tmf or ty format via ftp (port 3105) or use tserver via tytools 10r4. I'm just wanting to click the link in my browser on the now playing list and it start playing in windows media player.

Can you direct me to where I need to be reading? Thanks much.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjess007 View Post
    Ummm didn't know I needed those. I'm not trying to pull them out in tmf or ty format via ftp (port 3105) or use tserver via tytools 10r4. I'm just wanting to click the link in my browser on the now playing list and it start playing in windows media player.

Can you direct me to where I need to be reading? Thanks much.
    in order to pull the data to your browser, tivowebplus needs the tools to extract the data. the mfs_ftp stuff used the same tools (after all, build on someone else doing thigns right once rather than recreating the code many times, right :-)

I think if you search for mfs_uberexport you will find the package of tools to download.

this was mentioned 'recently' in this thread (within the last few pages). I only got it setup recently myself, based on the hints that were posted here.

in order to pull the data to your browser, tivowebplus needs the tools to extract the data. the mfs_ftp stuff used the same tools (after all, build on someone else doing thigns right once rather than recreating the code many times, right :-)

I think if you search for mfs_uberexport you will find the package of tools to download.

this was mentioned 'recently' in this thread (within the last few pages). I only got it setup recently myself, based on the hints that were posted here.
    Ok, waiving the white flag.

I read backwards, not finding anything recent on mfs_uberexport. Got back to page 56 and post 828 mentions something similar to the problem I'm having, and the fix referred to is making sure vserver is running.

Searched from the beginning of this thread, found this post (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=356) that mentions mfs_uberexport, but I downloaded the file it links to on sourceforge and there is no mfs_uberexport in that package. Looks to be usb2 drivers.

Kept searching and found this thread (http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=39487) and after reading for a while I'm not sure what I have to do and where I have to do it, but it does include the mfs_uberexport file you mention.

For kicks I searched my other tivo that has TWP 1.3.1 on it and I can't find the mfs_uberexport file in there anywhere (was hoping to just copy it) so I'm guessing TWP 1.3.1 handles the asx links differently then TWP 2.1b2

Do you remember what all you did to make it work?

ok, sorry, ignore well most of that last post.

I searched the tivo wrong. mfs_uberexport is already on my tivo, in the busybox directory along with vserver. And according to this post, I needed to have the directory in the path, and it's (busybox) is already there.

Found the package on sourceforce (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mfs-utils/files/), wasn't clicking all files - just looking at the most recent one, guess this issue is beginning to eat my grey matter. Guessing the package I need is the "mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2", however I didn't move anything over to the tivo yet since I found mfs_uberexport is already on there.

So back to referring to this post (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=356) I have everything I need and vserver's running. Yet it still isn't working. So I'm not sure how mfs_uberexport comes in to play here. Do I need to run it? Should TWP be running it when I click the link? Do I need to move it in to the TWP directory, or change a TWP config file to tell it where it is?

Saw the light, and I'm still in the dark Much thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjess007 View Post
    ok, sorry, ignore well most of that last post.

I searched the tivo wrong. mfs_uberexport is already on my tivo, in the busybox directory along with vserver. And according to this post, I needed to have the directory in the path, and it's (busybox) is already there.

Found the package on sourceforce (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mfs-utils/files/), wasn't clicking all files - just looking at the most recent one, guess this issue is beginning to eat my grey matter. Guessing the package I need is the "mfs-utils_bin.mips-20050604.tar.bz2", however I didn't move anything over to the tivo yet since I found mfs_uberexport is already on there.

So back to referring to this post (http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=356) I have everything I need and vserver's running. Yet it still isn't working. So I'm not sure how mfs_uberexport comes in to play here. Do I need to run it? Should TWP be running it when I click the link? Do I need to move it in to the TWP directory, or change a TWP config file to tell it where it is?

Saw the light, and I'm still in the dark Much thanks in advance.
    I think I ended up having to copy the files into the TWP directory to get it to work

I have it in three places on my tivo

find / -name mfs_uberexport
    /bin/mfs_uberexport
    /mfs_uberexport
    /TivoWebPlus/mfs_uberexport

I know / didn't work (it's been there for years to support mfs_ftp), I think I tried putting it in /bin after reading that it needed to be in the path, and when that didn't work I put it in the TWP directory and it did work.

I put all the mfs_ utils there, I don't know if uberexport is the only one that's needed or not.
    mfs_dump mfs_dumpschema mfs_import mfs_ls mfs_stdinsert mfs_streams mfs_tmfstream
    mfs_dumpobj mfs_export mfs_info mfs_purge mfs_stream mfs_tarstream mfs_uberexport

sorry my earlier posts weren't more helpful, I was going by memory for them.

I think I ended up having to copy the files into the TWP directory to get it to work

I have it in three places on my tivo

find / -name mfs_uberexport
    /bin/mfs_uberexport
    /mfs_uberexport
    /TivoWebPlus/mfs_uberexport

I know / didn't work (it's been there for years to support mfs_ftp), I think I tried putting it in /bin after reading that it needed to be in the path, and when that didn't work I put it in the TWP directory and it did work.

I put all the mfs_ utils there, I don't know if uberexport is the only one that's needed or not.
    mfs_dump mfs_dumpschema mfs_import mfs_ls mfs_stdinsert mfs_streams mfs_tmfstream
    mfs_dumpobj mfs_export mfs_info mfs_purge mfs_stream mfs_tarstream mfs_uberexport

sorry my earlier posts weren't more helpful, I was going by memory for them.
    Thanks so much! At this point something serious must be snafu'd on this box. I put mfs_uberexport in the TWP root directory and tried the link, wouldn't work. Rebooted TWP, nada. Rebooted the tivo, nunca. Put all the mfs utilities in the TWP root directory, full reboot of the tivo, still can't get it to work. And since the last one, now I can't even get TWP to start. Soooooooo I'm not sure what the bleep is wrong with it now.

So my latest update in this saga. I got TWP running again from last night. Checked the log files, and nothing. So have just been doing some troubleshooting and reading. The only notes I can find on this issue concretely is this post, and I have all of that, already did actually as mfs_uberexport was already on my tivo in the busybox directory and the busybox directory is already in the path. But mfs_uberexport and in fact all of the mfs utilities from the sourceforge site are now in the TiwoWebPlus root directory. Verified multiple times that vserver is running via ps in telnet.

When I click on the asx link in both IE and Firefox, it just spins, and I'm not showing anything in the logs. When I copy the ASX link from the NPL and try to open that from within media player, this log entry shows up:
    192.168.10.109 - - [17/Apr/2010 19:45:22] /{Friends}{The One With the Wedding Dresses}{PI22}{32641}.asx
    loading module extract (869272)

But alas again, nothing happens.

I've searched hi and low, can't find any other documentation, the wiki is down, and I'm at a dead end. Please help! THANKS!!

clearing options for MPAA rating and season pass icon display ignored

I checked boxes to enable icons for MPAA ratings and for season pass icons.
    This worked well.
    However, unchecking those boxes did not remove them, and subsequent
    page reloads displayed those boxes as checked.

2.1b3