Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

kmt: have you tried reindex under ChanPrefs?
    Former Tivo Hacker (retired)

Quote Originally Posted by BTUxNine View Post
    kmt: have you tried reindex under ChanPrefs?
    I hadn't, but I just did and its still missing the same channels.

Two minor patches

Here's two minor patches to the latest TivoWebPlus. There's two places where the computation of the episode number for some shows. The length of the TmsId was expanded by two places for SOME shows. These patches apply the same fixes that are used elsewhere in the system. Since the system won't let me attach the file, and it is really short, I thought I'd include it here. I hope that this is OK.

Comments?

Index: modules/higuide.itcl
    ===================================================================
    RCS file: /cvsroot/tivowebplus/TivoWebPlus/modules/higuide.itcl,v
    retrieving revision 1.12.2.14
    diff -u -r1.12.2.14 higuide.itcl
    --- modules/higuide.itcl 24 Dec 2008 17:32:47 -0000 1.12.2.14
    +++ modules/higuide.itcl 4 Mar 2011 07:04:21 -0000
    @@ -409,7 +409,7 @@
    if { $guide(op_showdes) == "on" } {
    if { $description != "" } {
    if { [string range $tmsid 0 1] == "EP" } {
    - regsub -all {^0+} [string range $tmsid 8 11] {} shownumber
    + regsub -all {^0+} [string range $tmsid [expr [string length $tmsid]-3] end] {} shownumber
    set des " - $description (ep#$shownumber)"
    } else {
    set des " - $description"
    Index: modules/norerecord.itcl
    ===================================================================
    RCS file: /cvsroot/tivowebplus/TivoWebPlus/modules/Attic/norerecord.itcl,v
    retrieving revision 1.1.2.5
    diff -u -r1.1.2.5 norerecord.itcl
    --- modules/norerecord.itcl 8 Dec 2009 01:59:16 -0000 1.1.2.5
    +++ modules/norerecord.itcl 4 Mar 2011 07:04:21 -0000
    @@ -161,7 +161,7 @@
    # get episode number from tmsid if needed
    if { $epnum == "" } {
    if {[set tmsid [dbobj $prog get TmsId]] != ""} {
    - regsub -all {^0+} [string range $tmsid 8 11] {} epnum
    + regsub -all {^0+} [string range $tmsid [expr [string length $tmsid]-3] end] {} epnum
    }
    }
    }

Fixed extract module

I noticed recently that the extract module was broken on my Series 3. It's a simple fix, the module was never updated to allow for double-digit Tivo versions. The attached version also has the support for mfs_ftp streaming via ftp that was discussed here (starts around post 1421).
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Scheduling Recordings on a Tivo HD Using TWP

Is it possible to use TivoWebPlus to schedule recordings on a Tivo HD? I am using TivoWebPlus Version 2.1.b3 (oztivo-091208) that has been CVS updated. I can retrieve information off the Tivo and delete recordings. However, when I submit a recording, using either the UI or the Manual Record module, the channel number and call sign fields are blank in the Tivo's To Do List and the Tivo can't perform the recording. Note that TWP's To Do List shows the submitted recording's info correctly and I am able to use TWP's To Do list to delete the "defective" recording from the Tivo.

I have been wrestling with this for a couple of months but can't figure out what is going on. I am currently working through the TWP code to see if I can find something but I haven't come upon a solution yet.

I have searched through this thread several times (as well as on other sites) but did not notice anyone mentioning this problem, although I did note that several people seem to be using TWP with Tivo HDs. Can someone please confirm for me that they are able to use TWP to schedule recordings on a Tivo HD? And, if so, what their configuration is and if they had to make any modifications to make it work?

Thanks in advance for any help.

And a HUGE thank you to everyone who has contributed to TWP and to all the other invaluable code and information that I have found on this forum!!

Sure, I do all the time. Have you tried a simple channel cache reindex? System -> ChanPref -> ReIndex if not; see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ktoyax View Post
    Is it possible to use TivoWebPlus to schedule recordings on a Tivo HD?
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Sure, I do all the time. Have you tried a simple channel cache reindex? System -> ChanPref -> ReIndex if not; see if that helps.
    Thank you for your quick reply. It's very useful to know that the functionality should work and that I'm just doing something wrong.

I hadn't done that in a while so I tried the ReIndex but it didn't fix the problem. I then tried a full download, reinstall and CVS update but I got the same result.

Now that I know that I should be able to schedule recordings correctly I will keep working on the problem. Are there any patches, other than the CVS update ones, that you have installed to TWP?

I take it back. I just tried this and it did exactly what you described. Attempting to delete it from the Tivo's todo list forced a reboot. There must be something that changed with MFS that wasn't updated in TWP...

Quote Originally Posted by ktoyax View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply. It's very useful to know that the functionality should work and that I'm just doing something wrong.

I hadn't done that in a while so I tried the ReIndex but it didn't fix the problem. I then tried a full download, reinstall and CVS update but I got the same result.

Now that I know that I should be able to schedule recordings correctly I will keep working on the problem. Are there any patches, other than the CVS update ones, that you have installed to TWP?

Missing DRM Signatures from TWP 2.1 Sked THD Recordings

I take it back. I just tried this and it did exactly what you described. Attempting to delete it from the Tivo's todo list forced a reboot. There must be something that changed with MFS that wasn't updated in TWP...
    OK. Thank you for checking! Good to know that I'm not crazy! :-)

I think I know what's happening - I just don't know why yet. Maybe we can throw it out to all the other Gurus out there (other than you - I'm certainly not one) to see if someone might have an idea of what's going on.

When I generate a scheduled recording on the THD, using TWP 2.1, all the non-DRM fields that are set by TWP seem to be populated correctly, which is why I can view and delete the recording using TWP (deleting it on the THD has the same effect for me as it did for you - rebooting the unit). However, while the recording's DRM SignatureType is set correctly by TWP, the DRM Signature is not populated at all (at least as far as TWP is concerned). I think this is what is causing the THD to not display the channel information and to reboot when it tries to deal with the scheduled recording.

Has anyone out there run into this, or a similar problem as this, with setting the DRM information and, if so, do they have a suggestion as to how I might deal with it? If someone can point me in the right direction I am more than happy to try to hunt down and implement a solution. I'm no expert (I needed to break out my Linux and TCL books to even get to this point) but I know my way around a computer a little and am motivated to get this functionality working.

Note: Not all the non-DRM fields that the Tivo populates when it schedules a recording are being populated by TWP so I am going to try to set more fields and see if the Tivo gets "happier" with the generated recording.

Also, it would be very useful if an S3 user out there could let me know if they can successfully schedule recordings on their S3 with TWP or if they see the same behavior as we have on our THDs.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or info anyone is willing to provide!

I've been using TWP to schedule recordings on my TivoHD for a long time. I've noticed the same behavior re missing channel info in the Tivo's ToDo list & rebooting when attempting to modify TWP-scheduled recordings on the Tivo. But as long as you leave them alone after you've scheduled them via TWP they record just fine - all of the missing info in the recording object (including the DRM signature) are filled in as soon as the recording starts.

I suspect the problem with the rebooting (and the missing channel info) are due to the missing NPKChannelDefinition object more than anything else. AFAIK no one has figured out how to generate this data on their own. And in fact, creating season passes via TWP requires an existing NPKChannelDefinition object for that channel that it can copy over. (I tend to shy away from creating or modifying season passes via TWP. Typically, I'll schedule a single episode of something new via TWP then create the season pass via the "More..." menu on the Tivo itself after I've watched the recording.)

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652

That explains why I thought it did work: I usually just schedule and then forget it. I had forgotten about the NPKChannelDefinition problem but I'll bet that's exactly what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by psxboy View Post
    I've been using TWP to schedule recordings on my TivoHD for a long time. I've noticed the same behavior re missing channel info in the Tivo's ToDo list & rebooting when attempting to modify TWP-scheduled recordings on the Tivo. But as long as you leave them alone after you've scheduled them via TWP they record just fine - all of the missing info in the recording object (including the DRM signature) are filled in as soon as the recording starts.

Thank you both for your feedback and help!

The "fly-in-my-ointment" is the fact that, whenever I have a TWP generated recording on my Tivo's todo list, I can cause spontaneous reboots simply by navigating menus on the Tivo. There is no real rhyme or reason as to when it will happen - sometimes it happens very quickly, sometimes it will take a few minutes of navigation (like when I'm doing searches for movies to record) - but it will always happen. And it only happens when I have a TWP recording set. Also, it happens on all menus, not just if I try to manipulate the TWP generated recording.

I will try to test your hypothesis about the missing NPKChannelDefinition possibly causing the problem by trying to manually set the definition for a known channel and recording - I'll copy a Tivo set definition onto a TWP reset recording.

Throg Guest

Edit program information

I don't know if this is specifically a TWP issue except that it is a TWP feature that I'm trying to use. I uploaded 13 video files to my tivo and now I want to edit the episode information. To be more accurate I need for tivoweb to see them as episodes. By using the "Edit Program" feature I can change from "not an episode" to "episode" but the change doesn't stick and of course it doesn't give me the options that an episode would. Who can help me with this or even another way to do it. I'm all ears.

That problem has been around for ages, I think it has to do with missing xml on uploaded shows. You might want to see if this post still has any relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Throg View Post
    I don't know if this is specifically a TWP issue except that it is a TWP feature that I'm trying to use. I uploaded 13 video files to my tivo and now I want to edit the episode information. To be more accurate I need for tivoweb to see them as episodes. By using the "Edit Program" feature I can change from "not an episode" to "episode" but the change doesn't stick and of course it doesn't give me the options that an episode would. Who can help me with this or even another way to do it. I'm all ears.

Throg Guest
    That problem has been around for ages, I think it has to do with missing xml on uploaded shows. You might want to see if this post still has any relevance.
    That post is exactly opposite of what I want to accomplish. He wanted to get rid of the episode title, while I want the option to add an episode title. His post talks about how to remove the title but it assumes the capability is already there. Thanks though.