Page 78 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

Quote Originally Posted by Soapm View Post
    tr: command not found
    Any ideas what this is telling me?
    It's telling you that you don't have the "tr" command installed
    AFAIK 'tr' ('translate') isn't part of the standard TiVo shell but is in the hack binaries ('tivo-bin') - you will need to install those if you haven't already. If they are installed then it suggests the shell's 'path' has been changed and it can't find them.
    Last edited by spitfires; 12-31-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    Tivo since 2002. UK S1 + 1TB SATA. ex-TAM (tenner a month). Virgin Media not available here.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfires View Post
    It's telling you that you don't have the "tr" command installed
    AFAIK 'tr' ('translate') isn't part of the standard TiVo shell but is in the hack binaries ('tivo-bin') - you will need to install those if you haven't already. If they are installed then it suggests the shell's 'path' has been changed and it can't find them.
    Actually, I believe that tr is an internal function to tivoweb to output the html for a table row. There's also td, th, etc. I would suggest reinstalling tivoweb as something seems to have been corrupted.
    HR22-700, DSR704(6.2a), DSR7000(6.2a) w/killHDinitrd, superpatch(1.12), MRV, tivoserver, MFS_FTP, TivoWebPlus(2.1), TyShow, Hackman, tivocid, Tracker, ChannelPrefs, MovieLoader, TySuiteJ, MCE(HD), Xbox360, Jacket Themes, NoReRecord

I reinstalled jkozee tivowebplus-v2.1.b3-20120803.tgz 3 times with the same results but I will confess I manually update ui_season_pass.itcl, ui_record.itcl, ForeachMfsFileTrans.itcl and btutils.itcl since following the thread it seems those updates came after the jkozee release (I could be confused). Later today I will try another fresh install minus replacing those files just to see if that makes a difference. I can't tell but maybe all the updated files are in the jkozee release.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
    Actually, I believe that tr is an internal function to tivoweb to output the html for a table row. There's also td, th, etc. I would suggest reinstalling tivoweb as something seems to have been corrupted.
    I don't think so. While tr is indeed an html directive, that looks more like a complaint from bash, especially since the only reference to "Tr" I can find in the main scripts is this line in tivoweb:

Code:
    Guest:~/TivoWebPlus# grep tr tivoweb 
        echo `echo "${rhs//\"/}" | tr -d '\r' `
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Complaint from BASH, what does that mean and how would I begin to investigate it?

Bash is the interpreter used by tivoweb. Look at the first line of the script:

Code:
    Guest:~/TivoWebPlus# more tivoweb 
    #!/bin/bash
    If the first line of a script has the string "#!", then whatever follows that string is taken to be the interpreter for the script. Linux loads that interpreter, and it in turn executes each subsequent line of the script. A Python script might have

Code:
    #! /usr/bin/python2.6
    as its first line, for example. Failing this directive, the script must either be called from the interpreter or sourced from another script in order to run. In any case, as spitfires mentioned, it seems Linux is not finding the command from within the script. That said, my systems don't have tr on them, either. Looking at the script, the line referenced above is part of the function get_config (). If the app never calls that function, then the error will never occur. You can search for calls to that function in the tivoweb script:

Code:
    Guest:~/TivoWebPlus# grep -n get_config tivoweb 
    49:get_config() {
    168:    pass=$(get_config Password $conf)
    169:    user=$(get_config UserName $conf)
    170:    port=$(get_config Port     $conf)
    171:    pref=$(get_config Prefix   $conf)
    and figure out when and why those are being called. I would suggest enlisting the aid of one of the TiVoWeb developers. They would be far more familiar with the code than I, and I don't really have the time to dig into it right now.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Thanks...

So my problem seems to narrow down to this set of code. I apparently don't meet condition 1 so I resort to the "if" statement.

Code:
    stop() {
      conf=$TWP_DATA_DIR/config/tivoweb.cfg
      if [ ! -s "$conf" ]; then
        conf=${dir}.dist/tivoweb.cfg
      fi

if [ -f $conf ] ; then
        pass=$(get_config Password $conf)
        user=$(get_config UserName $conf)
        port=$(get_config Port     $conf)
        pref=$(get_config Prefix   $conf)
    Can someone tell me what exactly the fist statement is looking for?

Code:
    conf=$TWP_DATA_DIR/config/tivoweb.cfg
      if [ ! -s "$conf" ]; then
        conf=${dir}.dist/tivoweb.cfg
      fi

1) Check whether you have TR on your system
    Code:
    find / -name tr
    If you do then there's an issue with your path
    Code:
    export | grep PATH
    If you don't then you can add it to your TiVo from one of the binaries add-ons (I only have S1 binaries otherwise I'd attach it for you).

2) Alternatively you can edit the file "tivoweb" in your TivoWebPlus21b3 directory and remove the mod I made (see lrhorer's post #1159 above). Change line 54 from
    Code:
    echo `echo "${rhs//\"/}"  | tr -d '\r' `
    back to
    Code:
    echo "${rhs//\"/}"
    (Hint: all this is written in the "tivoweb" file - open it in an editor and take a look.)

Don't forget the usual caveats apply when editing bash files: do not edit this file in Windows Notepad; etc.
    Tivo since 2002. UK S1 + 1TB SATA. ex-TAM (tenner a month). Virgin Media not available here.

Ok, I stopped being hardheaded and downloaded alphawolfs all in one and guess what I found? You guessed it, "tr" command. All is well now.

I thought I had his utilities loaded but I guess I over looked it on this hack.

Thanks...

Whoops... Spoke too soon, now the stop command doesn't work. When I try

/TivoWebPlus/tivoweb stop &

I get

Code:
    stopping Tivowebplus
    [1] 16202
    FamRoom#Warning: An http daemon is still running, quit may have failed.
    I have wget so I wonder if there's another utility I'm missing???

Don't know if it matters but this is my version of wget "GNU Wget 1.10.2, a non-interactive network retriever."
    Last edited by Soapm; 01-03-2013 at 07:18 AM.

Dat's ok - it was my fault for assuming that everyone had "tr" on their TiVos. I checked 3 or 4 and they all did but of course there are different binaries packages so not everyone has it

As I recall, the "stop" function is a bit iffy - by which I mean it doesn't always work. Or sometimes it does work but doesn't 'report' properly! I never got to the bottom of this one. Check you really don't have another http daemon running
    Code:
    grep -l '[ /]httpd-tt.tcl' /proc/[0-9]*/cmdline
    if that returns null then TWP has closed down.

Sometimes running it twice seems to work!

Edit: I should have said also try the wget manually and see if it errors. The exact command will vary depending on which port you use etc but something like "wget http://127.0.0.1/quit" should be close.
    Last edited by spitfires; 01-03-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Looks like I have two versions running looking at the PID's...

Code:
    FamRoom#grep -l '[ /]httpd-tt.tcl' /proc/[0-9]*/cmdline
    /proc/2190/cmdline
    /proc/2192/cmdline
    /proc/2194/cmdline
    /proc/2195/cmdline
    /proc/887/cmdline
    /proc/889/cmdline
    /proc/891/cmdline
    /proc/892/cmdline

That looks like *8* versions to me

If you run for example "cat /proc/2190/cmdline" it will tell you the command associated with the process. Unless it runs different on your series (I only have Series 1 TiVo) then AFAIK TWP is only single-threaded so each process represents a separate copy of TWP!

tivosh is multi-threaded in newer Series 2 software releases, and it is normal to see multiple processes in ps corresponding to a single tivosh invocation: link.

I'm thinking but can't say for sure that Hackman isn't playing nice with the changes. I did a fresh install without hackman and all seems to be working as expected. However, I also didn't replace any of the files in this thread that are posted after the release. I just untarred it and fired it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    tivosh is multi-threaded in newer Series 2 software releases
    Thanks Jamie - I didn't know that, we're stuck with v2 s/w this side of the pond