Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 1,261 to 1,264 of 1264

Thread: TivoWebPlus 2.1 Testing and Development

  1. #1261
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    489
    The other thing I've been wondering lately is, do we need all the MFS code anymore? These modules were written years before TiVo enabled online scheduling, and so the writers had to do everything themselves. Would it be more efficient at this point to create a fake online request, and let their software do all the hard work? It would only work for series 3 units, unfortunately, but it would be a lot cleaner.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

  2. #1262
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    The other thing I've been wondering lately is, do we need all the MFS code anymore? These modules were written years before TiVo enabled online scheduling, and so the writers had to do everything themselves. Would it be more efficient at this point to create a fake online request, and let their software do all the hard work? It would only work for series 3 units, unfortunately, but it would be a lot cleaner.
    Wow, its been a long time. I am not sure about the MFS code because I don't know much about it, but I did see lots of people posted stuff. I thought I should have got notices but somehow am just now finding out. Anyway, still having the problem and as referred to in another thread, which I will also note there, after power outages back to back, the hack partition got wiped again, which I had to restore. That has been an issue about once a year for me and a couple of other people.

    I miss scheduling on the TWP greatly, but am glad I can at least use it to view the program guides and such. I am not sure if djl is saying we should just use tivos online web scheduling which is terrible and screws up many things on the series 3 or what. I would love it if anyone has found a solution to the local scheduling not causing a reboot. It seems like djl talks about sticking a break in the code to prevent the reboots, which might mean we could at least schedule some stuff and have it error out instead of reboot? It does not reboot on everything I schedule, just certain things, but I don't know how to prevent the reboot which would let me provide more info as to what is causing to problem so maybe someone better than me could fix it. I truly miss it as I used to schedule everything thru TWP and now I look it up thru TWP but then have to schedule thru the tivo, which as we all know is tedious.

  3. #1263
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    489
    Actually, what I was referring to is fixing the TWP module that does the local scheduling. All of that code was written years before they enabled scheduling from their web site, so I was wondering if it would be easier for local scheduling to create a fake online request, rather than duplicate all of the MFS code ourselves. From what you're saying, it sounds like it might not help, since it would just a be a local way of creating the same request that you would make online...
    Have you ever looked into putting your hacks on a separate partition? It's a lot of work upfront, but you are guaranteed that they won't get wiped out afterward.

    Quote Originally Posted by sanjonny View Post
    I am not sure if djl is saying we should just use tivos online web scheduling which is terrible and screws up many things on the series 3 or what
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

  4. #1264
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Actually, what I was referring to is fixing the TWP module that does the local scheduling. All of that code was written years before they enabled scheduling from their web site, so I was wondering if it would be easier for local scheduling to create a fake online request, rather than duplicate all of the MFS code ourselves. From what you're saying, it sounds like it might not help, since it would just a be a local way of creating the same request that you would make online...
    Have you ever looked into putting your hacks on a separate partition? It's a lot of work upfront, but you are guaranteed that they won't get wiped out afterward.
    I had been told that before, but I wrote instructions to myself awhile ago and have a tar file that I made with everything set to go so when it gets wiped, its really not that much of a problem, unless as what happened one time, it also wipes out telnet and the other stuff needed to get the hacks directory back. I guess it only happens to a few people with hacked tivos and just as with this scheduling thing, I happen to be one of them. Since nothing really changed on the tivo itself, it has to be interaction with tivo/middlemind or guide data that is causing this but damn if I wish someone could fix it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •