Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: s3tots: Convert series 3 TY/TY+/TMF to mpeg2 transport stream format

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I posted a fix for mfs_uberexport over here:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...3&postcount=15
    I tried to install this yesterday but it seemed to cause my most recent version of mfs_ftp to fail to download ty files. I am pretty confident all the patches have been applied to the version I am running. I replaced the file then killed all instances of mfs_ftp then restarted it. (Maybe I should have restarted the machine there could have been other stray things running.) I will retry again this afternoon.

It is just a matter of replacing the mfs_uberexport in the mfs_ftp directory isn't it?

Also bcc in your own time is it possible for you to apply the fixes to s3tots for Aust Tivo to the mips s3tots in the first post of this thread?
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...d.php?p=295133
    No hurry if you don't have to tools for compilation (Like myself). I can use mfs_ftp as is with ty's for now.

Thanks
    Last edited by pdd; 03-11-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: major sentence malfunction.

Quote Originally Posted by pdd View Post
    I tried to install this yesterday but it seemed to cause my my most recent version of mfs_ftp. I am pretty confident all the patches have been applied to the version I am running. I replaced the file then killed all instances of mfs_ftp then restarted it. (Maybe I should have restarted the machine there could have been other stray things running.) I will retry again this afternoon.
    That mfs-uberexport build is for mfs32 only, as far as I know. There's a long delayed project to merge the mfs32 and mfs64 mfs-utils versions, but it's a project I never seem to have time to get to. mfs-utils is all GPL'd and the source for both the mfs32 and the mfs64 versions are in CVS on sourceforge: link. mfs64 is in the branch tagged "mfs-utils64". I'm happy to add other developers if anyone is inclined to pitch in; just send me your sourceforge moniker.

My mfs-uberexport patch has been ready to go for almost a year and a half. It's been out in the field with no bug reports. Just needs to be applied. I don't have a tivohd to do any more testing with so I cannot test mfs64, and so it doesn't make sense for me to own any mfs64 issues.

Yes, my build is for 32 bit systems. It pre-dates the 64 bit source being on sourceforge.

Hi,

Having some trouble and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

I have an Australian TivoHD, using s3tots, works OK if I try to retrieve the 5 video tours that came with the Tivo, but trying to download a ts file for anything I've recorded I get the following error:

bash-2.02# ./mfs_tsexport 35029
    s3tots: Copyright (c) 2004-2008 B.C. <bcc24x7@gmail.com>
    Version 1.3, Source is -, dest is -
    Unparsable chunk: 0
    s3tots: s3tots.c:817: ty3_parse_chunk_rechdr: Assertion `0' failed.
    ./mfs_tsexport: line 8: 943 Broken pipe $exportprog $args
    944 Aborted | $bindir/s3tots - -

I'm using the 64 bit version of mfs_uberexport and v1.3 of s3tots.

Thanks!

"Unparsable chunk: 0" means you're hitting an EOF situation right at the beginning. So I'd suspect the FSID you're passing in to the tsexport script is invalid (or the script is still picking up the old 32bit version of mfs_uberexport). I assume things fail when you simply try to use mfs_ftp to extract the .ts.

I'd simplify the test by invoking mfs_uberexport directly.

Here's a shot in the dark: The tour videos come unencrypted. Are you sure your other recordings are unencrypted? You might check with drmcheck.tcl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Here's a shot in the dark: The tour videos come unencrypted. Are you sure your other recordings are unencrypted? You might check with drmcheck.tcl.
    Bingo, thanks for your help.

Assuming that the recordings are unscrambled, any idea whether s3tots would work with an x-tivo-raw-tts file?

i.e., one downloaded in this fashion: http:// w.x.y.z/download/videoName.TiVo?Container=%2FNowPlaying&id=123456&Format=video/x-tivo-raw-tts

I've updated the source to include OSX portability fixes.
    New version is 1.4. No new binaries since there were no functionality changes from 1.3.

Can someone explain why this, plus all the encryption patches, etc have over using Tivo Desktop and tivodecode?

I have a hacked tivo, but do not want the encryption patches and all that 'breaks'

So, I use the CCI patches, and download most everything using tivo desktop or Pytivo, then run it automagically thru tivodecode to mpeg2

Why is s3tots better?

In my opinion, the main advantage is that "native" extraction is much faster (about 3x) than the Qualcomm ciphered and "remuxed as a program stream" extraction provided by TiVoDesktop, pyTivo, etc. Some more background: here, if you read the whole thread.
    Last edited by Jamie; 12-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.

A few other points besides the big performance difference.

With s3tots you also get to avoid some of the other ttg pitfalls: its remux to mpeg2 program stream may error out for some of you content or produce buggy results. With s3tots you have your choice of remuxers, if you even need one at all (hint: you don't for playback on a desktop). Another distinction would be that tivodesktop doesn't run on linux and is closed source.

That said, s3tots is a tool that is not intended for users who need their software marketed to them. If you're happy with tivo desktop and it works for all your content, great, I'm not trying to sell you anything.

Also some perspective: s3tots was written before TTG even existed on the s3.

I just wanted to make it aware to you that ld on OS X 10.6 doesn't support the --hash-style=both option. To fix this I simply edited the Makefile and removed that option. Will this have any ill effects or is it fine to do? (I'm pretty sure I had been using it this way for a month or two, but figured I'd bring it up for others.)

MacBook-Pro:src jeff$ make
    cc -c -Wall -O3 -Wuninitialized s3tots.c
    cc -c -Wall -O3 -Wuninitialized debug.c
    cc -c -Wall -O3 -Wuninitialized bits.c
    cc -c -Wall -O3 -Wuninitialized crc.c
    cc -c -Wall -O3 -Wuninitialized utils.c
    cc -Wall -O3 -Wuninitialized -Wl,--hash-style=both -o s3tots s3tots.o debug.o bits.o crc.o utils.o
    ld: unknown option: --hash-style=both
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [s3tots] Error 1

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjeffreya View Post
    I just wanted to make it aware to you that ld on OS X 10.6 doesn't support the --hash-style=both option. To fix this I simply edited the Makefile and removed that option.
    Yes, I'm aware. I fixed this after you last mentioned that you still were having compiling trouble, but didn't cut a new release just for this one trivial item. Make is failing because the OSTYPE environment variable is not exported if you're using bash as your shell script. I had tested the makefile with tcsh so things worked fine for me. As a workaround you can simply type 'export OSTYPE' before running make. Deleting those LDFLAGS values for OSX is an OK workaround too.

can anyone please send me in private a copy of s3tots to run in dos ?

Thanks!