Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: HR10-250 Rebooting randomly over last 2 Weeks

After a reboot 20 minutes into Without A Trace from last Thursday the receiver recorded the rest of the episode. Strangly the first 4 or 5 minutes of the recording was from The craig ferguson show and then it abruptly switched back to Without a Trace. Craig Ferguson is not something that I ever record. The same thing happed a couple weeks ago. It said I had a partial (51 mins)recording of Bionic Woman. When I started the show the green bar showed I had only 21 mins but it actually only played about 1 minute of Journeyman that I didn't record but did watch 2 nights before.

My findings for tonight: Tuesday 10-30

Two units 6.3d and 6.3e
    Set up CBS recordings 8 - 11 pm on both units
    6.3d rebooted at 9:09 EST - my friends 6.3d unit also rebooted

6.3e no reboots

I am upgrading friends unit tomorrow morning, will cross reference tomorrow night and hopefully his will have no reboots.
    Last edited by RandC; 10-30-2007 at 11:24 PM.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

I am having the same problem... I hardly every watch live TV, so I can't tell you what my tuners are tuned to when the reboot occurs. But, over the last few weeks, it has gotten more and more frequent. What's going on?

Running 6.3d

It looks like CBS is using a lot more "Press Thumbs Up - To Record" messages on their commercials. I'm not sure how those "pop ups" are generated, but they are embedded in the stream. My theory is that data is causing the reboots. Anybody able to verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    My findings for tonight: Tuesday 10-30

Two units 6.3d and 6.3e
    Set up CBS recordings 8 - 11 pm on both units
    6.3d rebooted at 9:09 EST - my friends 6.3d unit also rebooted

6.3e no reboots

I am upgrading friends unit tomorrow morning, will cross reference tomorrow night and hopefully his will have no reboots.
    I may have answered my own question (I guess I should have read this before posting). I recorded CBS tonight and there was a popup at this time (Kid nation right after a Carnival then Red Lobster commericial). What was the last thing recorded before the reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Antdog24 View Post
    Still no rebooting here after that download and still running 6.3d
    How did you accomplish the upgrade?
    1 - HDVR2 - 120GB, 6.2, HMO, MRV, TWP, telnet, ftp, TyTool
    1 - HDVR2 - 160GB, 6.2, HMO, MRV, TWP, telnet, ftp, TyTool
    1 - HDVR2 - 320GB, 6.2, HMO, MRV, TWP, telnet, ftp, TyTool
    1 - PC running TivoServer.
    1 - HR10-250 ready and waiting to be improved.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this board!

Quote Originally Posted by mattdb View Post
    Is this the thread to beg for a 6.3e image? :-) I know..... I am adding a beg to the begging thread....
    Put me down for needing 6.3e slices

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I may have answered my own question (I guess I should have read this before posting). I recorded CBS tonight and there was a popup at this time (Kid nation right after a Carnival then Red Lobster commericial). What was the last thing recorded before the reboot?
    At this point jkozee, you gets a thumbs up. I cross referenced my 6.3e recording with 6.3d partial and just before the "thumbs up to record" pops up that is where it rebooted. I will have to check Monday shows to see if that coincides with the reboots also.

------Added Wednesday 12:05 am
    Mondays shows did not have "thumbs up to record" in How I Met Your Mother or Big Bang Theory, can't check CSI as it is deleted. It might have been a coincidence for tonights show. Will keep a tab on the possibility though.
    Last edited by RandC; 10-31-2007 at 12:06 AM. Reason: add findings for Mondays shows
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

At this point jkozee, you gets a thumbs up. I cross referenced my 6.3e recording with 6.3d partial and just before the "thumbs up to record" pops up that is where it rebooted. I will have to check Monday shows to see if that coincides with the reboots also.
    Are you able to transfer the recording from the 6.3e to the 6.3d (I don't run an HR10 so I'm not sure of the version differences). If you can transfer it then check if it reboots during playback at the same point.

Are you able to transfer the recording from the 6.3e to the 6.3d (I don't run an HR10 so I'm not sure of the version differences). If you can transfer it then check if it reboots during playback at the same point.
    Yes I can and I will, good idea.
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

Yes I can and I will, good idea.
    Even if we are able to determine that the corrupt data is in the stream, I'm not sure what good it will do unless we find a way to strip it out before the tivoapp hits it. Ultimately 6.3e may be the only choice to fix this issue, unless someone is able to find a patch to previous SW releases.

I too am getting this dreaded reboot (have 6.3d). I record a lot of CBS HD and see my Tivo reboot 2-3 times during a primetime hours in the last couple of days. It happened yesterday (Monday, Oct 29) while it was recording:
    -CHUCK (NBC) and HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (CBS) @ 8:14PM & 8:54PM (Pacific Time) OTA HD
    -RULES OF ENGAGEMENT (CBS) and HEROES (NBC) @ 9:36PM
    -JOURNEYMAN (NBC) and CSI MIAMI (CBS) @ 10:30PM

It also happened tonight during:
    -THE UNIT (CBS) and REAPER (CW) @ 9:09PM

It did not happen during the 8PM hour (recording BONES on FOX).

When my Tivo gets done with the reboot and goes to the last step "Aquiring Information from the Satellite" I get an error that "the recorder was unable to aquire information from the Satellite". I then do a "Try Again to Aquire Information" and then all is OK (until my next reboot). Anybody else see this? My strength is over 85% on all 3 LNBs.

This just in, I as I was typing this note, my Tivo rebooted during David Letterman 12:10PM, Wed, Oct 31. I was not recording anything but it just went to a commercial and then rebooted.

Bill

Got exactly the same reboot at 12:10. Was watching a recorded show but one of tuners was on CBS. Interesting stuff. Guess I will do the manual upgrade sometime this week.

Even if we are able to determine that the corrupt data is in the stream, I'm not sure what good it will do unless we find a way to strip it out before the tivoapp hits it. Ultimately 6.3e may be the only choice to fix this issue, unless someone is able to find a patch to previous SW releases.
    If your idea works, then I think we can prove definitively that it is in the stream and software version can solve the problem.
    On my next note, I could not get my MovieLoader running last night to transfer The Unit overnight. I did just get it figured so I will started the transfer so I will check it out later.
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    RandC

I've had the same issue on 6.3c recording CBS and multiple reboots at least 3 nights since last Friday. I didn't have any reboots on Monday night when I didn't record any CBS shows.