Thread: How to change IP from dynamic to static on Tivo

How to change IP from dynamic to static on Tivo

Hi all,

Can someone please tell me how to change the dynamic IP address of my Tivo to a static one?

Secondly, I lost my Tivoweb Plus and can't seem to get it to work again. My Tivo sees my PC with no problems and Tytools works fine. I can ping it from my PC but can't get Tivoweb Plus to work in my browser anymore. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

On a side note, does anyone know whether I can get the weather back up and running under JavaHMO? Is it possible to upgrade my Series 2 running 6.2 to version 7.* so I can run Gallion. Also, the newsgroup binary feature never seems to work. It always says there are no binaries but I have it set up to a binaries news group. The movies plugin works fine after I fixed it and most of the other plugins work as well.

TIA

Blacknoon

Code:
    DVD_TiVo#[/] $ mfs_dumpobj -r /State/Network
    NetConfigIpParams 5475/11 {
            AutoConfigEnabled[21]=0
            DnsServers[20]=192.168.1.1
            GatewayAddress[17]=192.168.1.1
            HostAddress[16]=192.168.1.35
            SubnetMask[18]=255.255.255.0
    }
    I'm using a static ip. If AutoConfigEnabled is set to 1, then it's set on DHCP. You can use netconfig.tcl to set a static ip, or use the tivoapp patches tivo4mevo posted to enable network menus that you can use to configure everything with your remote. You can't upgrade a dtivo to 7.x, but you can upgrade to 6.3x, which will allow you to use galleon, with the loss of MRV functionality.

Re: Network Configureation

Where is this file located?

Quote Originally Posted by blacknoon View Post
    Where is this file located?
    It's in MFS. The easiest way to set this stuff is through the tivo network settings menus. On a dtivo, you need a patch to enable those menu. There's also a netconfig.tcl script floating around to set the values directly.

7.x won't run on a dtivo, AFAIK. You can run the current dtivo release, 6.3, which does support HME. You'd lose MRV though.