Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: HR10-250 Rebooting randomly over last 2 Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Rottluver View Post
    I noticed mine was randomly calling in this morning too. Which is odd since yesterday it said it wasn't due to call in for like 9 or 10 days.......and it is taking a long time so I am PRAYING that 6.3e is what it is getting!!!!!
    WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I have 6.3e now since that call in!!! Just needed a restart and it was up & running! Let's see if it is as good as people say (not rebooting 100 times a day).

This happened to me too while watching the Colts game (on the Super Fan DTV feed). I had just assumed that it was because I had set the TiVo to record manually for 9 hours (I wanted to record both the early and late games).

I have 6.3d so I guess I'll plug the phone in and let it upgrade.

without reading through all 10 pages, was this only a problem on 6.3? I have a spare hard drive that has 3.1f on it and I'll pop that in to record tomorrow's football games if it doesn't have the same issue. Then I'll worry about upgrading the 6.3 next week.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBeachGuy View Post
    without reading through all 10 pages, was this only a problem on 6.3? I have a spare hard drive that has 3.1f on it and I'll pop that in to record tomorrow's football games if it doesn't have the same issue. Then I'll worry about upgrading the 6.3 next week.
    I don't remember anyone posting having a problem with anything other than 6.3 - 6.3d in any forums.
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Can't hurt to try it......I don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    I don't remember anyone posting having a problem with anything other than 6.3 - 6.3d in any forums.
    I don't think 3.1f has the issues because I have an HR10 with 3.1f running and it didn't reboot at all last week. I don't know if it was recording any CBS games though so I can't swear by it.

This happened to me too while watching the Colts game (on the Super Fan DTV feed). I had just assumed that it was because I had set the TiVo to record manually for 9 hours (I wanted to record both the early and late games).

I have 6.3d so I guess I'll plug the phone in and let it upgrade.
    Man, this happened to be 4 times during Colts/Pats. Last reboot was when there were 2 minutes left and Pats had to convert a 3rd down. Imagine me almost grabbing the Tivo and throwing it out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by tsanga View Post
    Man, this happened to be 4 times during Colts/Pats. Last reboot was when there were 2 minutes left and Pats had to convert a 3rd down. Imagine me almost grabbing the Tivo and throwing it out the window.
    I can imagine, this week I put in my hard drive that has 3.1f on it and had no problems. NFL is all I use CBS for so I'll just put 3.1f in from now on until I get 6.3 updated.

I can imagine, this week I put in my hard drive that has 3.1f on it and had no problems. NFL is all I use CBS for so I'll just put 3.1f in from now on until I get 6.3 updated.
    I'm surprised that worked for you. I'm running 3.1.5f and experienced at least four reboots during Vikings/Chargers on CBSW HD (and several on 726 for that matter), and one on Colts/Patriots on 719.

WB

Unhappy Rebooting with 6.3e?

I just got an HR10-250 last week. I activated it, and it made its daily call and installed 6.3e.

Over the past two days, I've been getting a number of spurious reboots. What I'm wondering is, whether there's still a problem with 6.3e, or do I have something else going on (like a failing disk, etc)?

Has anyone with 6.3e had any trouble?

-Jim
    HR10-250, 6.3e, HMO/HME, etc
    HR21
    DVR80, 6.2, hacked, MRV, etc, networked via a hacked WST54GS
    DVR39, upgraded to 250 hours - 3.1.1b 4.0.1b 3.1.1e 6.2, now MRV-only due to a bad sat2 decoder
    2x Hacked XBox for XBMC
    Running Linux since '93.

Here's what I get off a fresh v6.3e InstantCake install on my HR10-250:
    1. Restored IC image using command "mfsrestore -s 127 -xzpi /cdrom/.image/00001 /dev/hdc onto a 250Gb drive
    2. Booted Tivo with drive, did a C&D and went through Guided Setup
    3. After it went through acquiring the satellite data it hung at the end:

Code:
    bash-2.02# ApgManager Transition from state INIT to BOOT
    ApgManager Transition from state BOOT to ACQUIRE_MARKER
    ApgManager Transition from state ACQUIRE_MARKER to BOOT
    ApgManager Transition from state BOOT to SECONDARY_BOOT
    ApgManager Transition from state SECONDARY_BOOT to FAST_LOAD
    HDCP link failure due to i2c error
    ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to FAST_LOAD
    ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to STEADY_STATE
    Unaligned Access to 0x9edb10c5
    After I rebooted I also noticed this error:
    Code:
    Nov  6 06:23:57 (none) kernel: HDCP link failure due to i2c error
    Nov  6 06:25:23 (none) kernel: ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to FAS
    Nov  6 06:26:13 (none) last message repeated 3 times
    Nov  6 06:26:23 (none) kernel: ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to FAS
    Nov  6 06:26:36 (none) kernel: ApgManager Transition from state FAST_LOAD to STE
    Jan  2 00:00:13 (none) kernel: klogd 1.3-3, log source = /proc/kmsg started.
    Jan  2 00:00:13 (none) kernel: CPU revision is: 00005430
    bash-2.02# ApgManager Transition from state STEADY_STATE to INIT
    HDCP link failure due to i2c error
    I noticed this post by AW, but I'm not sure if it's related to my problem:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...23&postcount=4

Any ideas? I've been fighting with this for almost 2 weeks....
    3 HDVR2s, 300Gb HD, v6.4a, USB 2.0 backport network drivers, HMO/HME SuperPatched, mfs_ftp/MovieLoader v1.3
    1 THR22-200 new HDTivo

I'm not so sure about the CBS theory. Last night, mine rebooted while it was recording DwtS and Heroes, neither of which are on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemodena View Post
    I'm not so sure about the CBS theory. Last night, mine rebooted while it was recording DwtS and Heroes, neither of which are on CBS.
    I upgraded to 6.3e late on Saturday night ET. I haven't had a reboot since - even while watching or recording CBS OTA in HD Sunday afternoon and NBC OTA in HD Monday night. I was previously on 6.3c and CBS was absolutely the culprit for my reboots which started week before last. Before that, I was stable since upgrading from whatever I had before 6.3c.

Maybe something else caused your reboot other than what's been coming from CBS, or perhaps NBC started doing something. Are you on 6.3e or something earlier?

2:00 left in Colts/Pats Game

Quote Originally Posted by tsanga View Post
    Rebooted three times for me while watching Colts game. Don't remember the times for each, but one WAS with 2:00 left, as you experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleBoy View Post
    I just got an HR10-250 last week. I activated it, and it made its daily call and installed 6.3e.

Over the past two days, I've been getting a number of spurious reboots. What I'm wondering is, whether there's still a problem with 6.3e, or do I have something else going on (like a failing disk, etc)?

Has anyone with 6.3e had any trouble?

-Jim
    Did you get it new or used? If it is a little bit older, the hard drive could be bad and need replacing.........I know I got my HR10-250 early this year but didn't open the box and hook it up until last month....and the HDD was bad.

A simple visit to the weaknees website took care of that though.
    Was your other tuner on CBS?
    It isn't ALWAYS CBS, just seems to definitely reboot on CBS.....mine had done it while not on CBS before I got 6.3e