And here I was all ready to go and get the 6.3e instantcake image for $19.99 but since it doesn't appear to work and I can't seem to get my Hr10-250 to download 6.3e, I guess I'm really screwed and going to have to live 6.3d and the massive amount of reboots. This just sucks!
I've been trying to get my tivos (2 of them, one HR10-250 and one HDVR2) to even make a successful call and neither will at all. I don't know what happened to make them both stop working but they both dial but never connect. I've tried rebooting both and then doing it again. Still no luck. I tried the add6x.tcl script but it didn't seem to make it download the slices either. It's very odd and I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my phone lines. I tried listening on the phone while the connection was going on and it definitely dials and tries "phreaking" but never seems to connect. Going to keep trying though.
Also stating the obvious, but I take it you already commented out any fakecall or route statements in your startup routine? I couldn't get mine to call successfully without rebooting during "Preparing..." before I commented out calls to everything (netserver, TWP, custom monte'd kernel, etc.).
You could always try this lead. I made an image too, although I think he already has it uploaded.
HR10-250, 6.3e, HMO/HME, etc
DVR80, 6.2, hacked, MRV, etc, networked via a hacked WST54GS
DVR39, upgraded to 250 hours -
3.1.1b 4.0.1b 3.1.1e6.2, now MRV-only due to a bad sat2 decoder
2x Hacked XBox for XBMC
Running Linux since '93.
I decided to let my HDVR2 call in first, and make all my mistake on the bonus room tivo, instead of my main tivo downstairs (HR10-250). I ran the script posted a few pages back to create hard links to the files in /var/packages. Anyway, I just let the script run and came back later. When I go into the Tivo phone settings, it says last call "failed while loading data". Is this normal? BTW, I still have upgradesoftware=false set.
Since it failed, not knowing what happened, I let it dial in a second time. It failed the same way, but what was interesting is some of the hard links are different.
Code:// // First time calling in // bonus_tivo:/var/tmp$> ls /var/links CR-DTV_Season_Pass-v9.slice.gz GZcore-105664607-2.slice.gz GZcore-105664607-2.slice.gz:SHA=0x776ACC75B17EF4975B9A23BB94ECA4A4C4C4B815 GZhpk-Series2-105664885-2.slice.gz GZhpk-Series2-105664885-2.slice.gz:SHA=0xD81F1FF0237947DD9750589F6BBF031E4CDB683 4 GZkernel-Series2-105664862-2.slice.gz GZkernel-Series2-105664862-2.slice.gz:SHA=0x99BC9E760A9C03F9A2856EB988B0BDEE64AF 04D0 IR-standard-v243.slice.gz IR-standard-v243.slice.gz:SHA=0x966C2299DE41770F24341B105BE2B0D409B2479D LG-standard-v304.slice.gz LG-standard-v304.slice.gz:SHA=0x7983FEC55ACCC4A036E469781B3942C14AB2E109 MI-ShowcasesMenuItem-v6.slice.gz MI-TAP_MenuItem_dtv_CottovsMosleyPPV20071105_57759.xml-v6.slice.gz MI-TAP_MenuItem_dtv_NFLHODWk920071105_55384.xml-v6.slice.gz MI-TAP_MenuItem_wljenny_Jenny_Craig_Gold_Star_58602.xml-v6.slice.gz RM-manageThumbs.runme RM-manageThumbs.runme.sig RM-resendCommMercLogs.runme RM-resendCommMercLogs.runme.sig swsystem-105665525-2.slice.bnd swsystem-105665525-2.slice.bnd:SHA=0xDD2D4D34E5AEFFB212640DA7B38C8DA8DADD320F utils-105664588-2.slice.gz // // Second time calling in // bonus_tivo:/var/tmp$> ls /var/links2 GZcore-105664607-2.slice.gz GZcore-105664607-2.slice.gz:SHA=0x776ACC75B17EF4975B9A23BB94ECA4A4C4C4B815 GZhpk-Series2-105664885-2.slice.gz GZhpk-Series2-105664885-2.slice.gz:SHA=0xD81F1FF0237947DD9750589F6BBF031E4CDB683 4 GZkernel-Series2-105664862-2.slice.gz GZkernel-Series2-105664862-2.slice.gz:SHA=0x99BC9E760A9C03F9A2856EB988B0BDEE64AF 04D0 RM-manageThumbs.runme RM-manageThumbs.runme.sig RM-resendCommMercLogs.runme RM-resendCommMercLogs.runme.sig swsystem-105665525-2.slice.bnd swsystem-105665525-2.slice.bnd:SHA=0xDD2D4D34E5AEFFB212640DA7B38C8DA8DADD320F utils-105664588-2.slice.gz bonus_tivo:/var/tmp$> mfs_ls /SwSystem dir: fsid=3000 count=10 fsid type name ----------------------------------- 1784685 tyDb 6.2-01-2-151 4275087 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-101 4275091 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-121 4275092 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-151 4275093 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-301 4275094 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-321 4275095 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-351 4275096 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-381 4275097 tyDb 6.2a-01-2-3F1 1784685 tyDb ACTIVE
Has anyone checked which files changed from 6.3d to 6.3e?
I would not think that MFS data was changed in the upgrade.
If the list is small, one could just copy or patch a couple files to get 6.3e
Just an idea.
Lots of files have changed, so this is not a good option.
Last edited by Red_Dog; 11-07-2007 at 01:14 PM. Reason: new info
here for 6.3d - 6.3e diff. You might want to read thru this thread to catch up on what has been tried.
(2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
(1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
(1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
(1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
(3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
Interestingly enough, my HR10 stopped rebooting spontaneously. I've beeen running since Sunday with only the planned reboots at night. Still running 6.3d and recording lots of shows off CBS