Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: HR10-250 Rebooting randomly over last 2 Weeks

Edit it to set debug_board=true, reboot, make daily call.

Quote Originally Posted by Slardybardfast View Post
    My HR10-250 rebooted once on the Sunday CBS Steeler football game at 1:39 EDT. Sounds like the same reboot mentioned in the post above. I was watching the recorded version, not live. No further reboots during the game.

Anyone else have the same reboot? I am running 6.3d. I can not get a successful phone call to upgrade!!!

Slardy
    EST? One hour and 39 minutes into the game?
    Do you still have the recording? If so, check to see if a green thumb materializes just before the reboot. Was it entering or in a commercial?

My SD DTivo rebooted 1:15:45 from the start of television coverage (10 PST) of the Steelers game on NFL channel 707. I was using DLB mode, then watching 607 with 707 on the other tuner.

Since I am barely up to speed in this area, let me confirm something: if I have NOT done anything to make my daily calls happen over the net and I DO let daily calls happen normally over the telephone line, I DO NOT have to touch /etc/rc.d/StageD_PreMfs/rc.Sequence_150.CheckForDebug.sh.

Is my understanding correct?

Quote Originally Posted by lenoxb View Post
    Since I am barely up to speed in this area, let me confirm something: if I have NOT done anything to make my daily calls happen over the net and I DO let daily calls happen normally over the telephone line, I DO NOT have to touch /etc/rc.d/StageD_PreMfs/rc.Sequence_150.CheckForDebug.sh.

Is my understanding correct?
    That is correct....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - a cigar in one hand - a Martini in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a ride!

1 HDVR2, 500 Gb, hacked, 6.3e
    1 R10 Prom Mod 500 Gb 6.3e
    1 HR20-100 Stock
    1 HR21-100 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by tivo4mevo View Post
    For those with HR10-250 units lacking the 6.3e slices. You can grab them here.

After dbloading them, you can always kick off a manual upgrade.
    Something I found on another post "Upgrade from 6.3c to 6.3e? "

I managed to get my hr10-250 upgraded to 6.3e finally. The daily reboots when watch ota content were killing me. That problem seems to be fixed. Not my dvr is rebooting every night at 2am and is stuck in "pending restart" after a daily call. I tried the script mentioned in another thread that is supposed make the current version look like the active version. It didn't help. Someone else mentioned they thought it was because /var/utils had files in it. It initially did but doesn't seem to anymore. What else can I look at? I realise I don't really need to make daily calls but this is a subbed unit and other than a few tivoapp hacks, I'd like it to function as normal.
    Ideas?

No worries

Just wanted to let you guys know that my reboots in 6.3e were not due to the software, but that my new harddrive is dying. I put the old hd back in and its working fine. Of course its running 3.1.5f, so I don't think its absolute proof.

what is being used these days to pass the initial call in onHR10-250 running 6.3e? fakecall shows success but no record.
    Hughes HDVR2 Sleepered 120 hrs! Not sure how it works it just does.
    RCADVR40 hacked using lightiv guide, It works, sorta.