Thread: Tivo Partitions

35 Tivo Partitions

Hey guys,

I am one of the many with a T60 that had to do things the hard way (luck people with a dsr6k) and was wondering which directories from the linux boot cd to copy to which partition locations on the tivo in order to get joe and the other great commands from the linux boot cd. Maybe one of you with a dsr6k using 2.5xtreme could help me out here. Thanks in advance.
    Don

There are 2 versions of the command tools, one compiled for the PPC (TiVo CPU) and one compiled for the x86 family of CPUs. The ones on the boot floppys and CDs are x86, you need the PPC version for TiVo. Go here to download.

Got files

Thanks superzap,

I have the files now, but I still do not know which directories or partitions to put the files in. Would someone be so kind as to tell me a good partition/directory to put Joe and the other necessary files to use with the serial cable. I have bash and a fully hacked T-60 but taking out the drives to make modifications to things as new information becomes available is a pain in the rump and I would like to be able to use Joe from the tivo instead of having to keep taking out the HD from the tivo to put into my pc.

You can put the files in /bin