Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: installing fixsub via PC

Zap

Thanks for your help!!! It is really appreciated and to all the people here...keep up the good work.

I WILL try as you suggested. This should change my sub to 5:lifetime?

Now, if I understand correctly, 2.5xtreme flashed the prom, restored ice image to get remote function back but lost a lot of what extreme has to offer (commands). If I want to run the locals script I need to DL and install the commands right?

This where I have come to a roadblock. I would like to know if I can run the locals script while my A drive is in the PC or does it have to run from bash? If bash, how do I install the commands to do so? I have been reading all day and searched the forum but I cannot find the answers.

Thanks again!

Hey folks...

I have a new Phillips DSR6000 and have removed the drive and burned surgeon's image onto it.
    I just completed making my serial cable and have fired up TeraTerm Pro to obtain a bash prompt. So far I am successful in obtain the prompt, but I am stuck from here. I have read about just typing in the 14b step by using the touch function.
    I have also looked around for the fixup02c.tcl file, but haven't been able to find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

HQS.

HQS

After the touch use the menus to force a daily call and check the account status.

Thanks Zap, but it is still the same 0:unknown.

Now (probably just a coincidence) my unit suddenly goes to power screen, reboots and the HD makes some crazy noises like it is going to fall apart. Suddenly rebooted twice on me in a few hours.

I think I might start over and add the 30g from original to it as well. Any hints for the bash prompt I really would like the locals?

Can anyone offer up ANY suggestions?

Thanks!!

29 I am Ignorant

Ok the magic has happened I have 5, but I am curious, the call status still says failed after a call attempt. However when I execute fixsub, call status goes to Succeeded

Is this normal? or am I missing something?

And I have touched so many things my wife is pissed.

Switch

T60

Danno123...

I am far from an expert but I believe the current version of 2.5extreme is only for the Phillips and Huges DirecTivos, the T60 version is not yet available. That may be your problem.
    There can be only one...

Tivorocks

That is true, but what you have to do is load xtreme to flash the prom, once this is done you in effect have a Phillips unit at 2.5. If you then load a T60 image, you can revert the unit back to a Sony. The problem is you lose all the "other" benefits of the xtreme image. So, what you have done is upgraded the T60 to sw version 2.5. The ice image is pre-boot so it doesn't flash the prom.

The problem is the ice image doesn't have any of the commands you need, with bash, to do any of the "other" stuff you want to. This is where I fall really short, how do you load the commands into the unit via bash prompt?