Thread: MRV emulator

MRV emulator

Has anyone considered developing an MRV emulator for the Tivo software? That is, have a program on your computer which sends out requests for shows as if it is a Tivo(as opposed to TTG which re-encrypts). I would imagine this would be significantly faster than TTG, and would probably not void a warrantee. If no one has attempted this, has anyone attempted to make documentation for the MRV protocol?

moved to general support forum.

check out tivoserver; it's the best "doc" we have of mrv, but it's a server, not a client. i, too, would live to have a client program. knock yourself out, post your source when you're finished.

ronny

Quote Originally Posted by ronnythunder View Post
    i, too, would live to have a client program.
    Me 3. Maybe would could set a bounty on such a program.

I'd kick in for a bounty on that one. Especially if it would talk to v6 as well as v9 MRV

Quote Originally Posted by StanSimmons View Post
    I'd kick in for a bounty on that one. Especially if it would talk to v6 as well as v9 MRV
    i'd contribute a pole and foot from a directv dish.

ronny

Funny.

(inside joke, for the confused.)

Me 4

I also would like such a utility. I'm much less interested in playing or editing content on my PC than I am moving files to my server to free up space on the TiVo and allow me to archive programs. The 2T limit on the S3 is a pain.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

just use mfs_ftp I use it all the time to pull shows off the box.. you can pull them of in .tmf format and when you put them back on.. nothing it lost including descriptions etc etc.

I have about 2 terrabytes of shows on my pc... then you can use tivoserver and the shows you pulled off in .tmf format can be moved back onto any of your tivos via tivoserver from your pc...

the whole reason I am not going to HD or 6.3x versions

very convenient

MRV Emulator

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    just use mfs_ftp I use it all the time to pull shows off the box.. you can pull them of in .tmf format and when you put them back on.. nothing it lost including descriptions etc etc.

I have about 2 terrabytes of shows on my pc... then you can use tivoserver and the shows you pulled off in .tmf format can be moved back onto any of your tivos via tivoserver from your pc...

the whole reason I am not going to HD or 6.3x versions

very convenient
    That requires loading the program form the computer, and the listing is not displayed on the TiVo. It also requires that all the TiVos be hacked. I'm going to have my HD Tivo hacked, but the S3s are going to stay unhacked at least for the time being.
    Last edited by lrhorer; 01-02-2008 at 09:34 PM.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script