Thread: TyTools suddenly not working - no telnet prompt

TyTools suddenly not working - no telnet prompt

Gents:

I had been using TyTools 10r4 for some time with no problems, save minor ones I always corrected. Today when I went to use the program by starting the server, I suddenly got this error message:

Starting the server failed. Never received the telnet prompt. Please check your settings and try again.
    I'm wondering why this is happening, and I'm having a mental block as to how to correct it. Any help would be appreciated. Some notes, FWIW:

* Since the last time I used the program, I moved all my TIVO files--some 3GB worth--from my PC's main "C" drive to an external drive (I decided to clean off my PC's "C" drive and move such stuff to an external drive). However, I did not delete TyTools10r4 itself.

* In light of the above paragraph, I tried to do a system restore to put my PC back to the way it was prior to such file movement, but that didn't work. For some odd reason, my PC won't allow me to restore to any point at all.

* I checked my preferences settings, and it doesn't look like the two strings changed at all, but I'm wondering if they look funny. I honestly can't remember what they're supposed to look like since it's been a very long time since I've had to set my preferences.

* My tserver file is located in the following directory: /usr/tytools.

* My server execute string: /tytools/tserver
    * My server shell prompt string: HDTIVO-bash#

* I'm trying to xfer from an HDVR2, which has a starting bash of tivo:/var/tmp$

Any suggestions? I'm thinking my mental block here is just confusing the heck out of me.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

If tserver is located in /usr/tytools then executing /tytools/tserver at bash of course wouldn't do anything, it's not calling the full path to the file.

I wonder why it's different this time around. I didn't change anything in those two fields. Now I'm trying to remember exactly what values I had in there before. Damn, this Alzheimers stinks.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion I gain strength.
    Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory.
    Through victory my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

Pull up a telnet session and start it manually by simply calling out the filename.

TYtool10r4-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recently tried to update my tytool to get the pc to tivo stream(to send dvd to the tivo) and found my software too old . I used telnet and it loaded version 3.9. My tytool screen on refresh shows ERROR: Failed to Connect!. I have been trying to telnet back to the old version with the telnet prompts
    streamstart
    exit

the telnet can not find the correct info to allow this.. Any help on this?

Thanks
    Buddy