Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help getting .ty/.ty+/.tmf files into new S3

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    I don't have this mode compiled as default as recordings with a/v holes would then be mishandled, and handling such holes was a goal for tytompg.

'course I can't build leopard binaries thanks to lack of support of Apple's build tools.
    Yeah, that does suck, but at lease we users have a workaround that lets your binaries work. Any chance on making that re-calculating the timestamps code a switch?

Since this problem doesn't seem to exist with the S3 originated files, I guess I'll just stick with running VideoReDo using my Windows VM for the time being.

I bet ProjectX would work as well.
    I took one look at that and ran away screaming. The GUI completely intimidated me.

Thanks to your advice, I think I'm pretty well off for now. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_zorg View Post
    Yeah, that does suck, but at lease we users have a workaround that lets your binaries work. Any chance on making that re-calculating the timestamps code a switch?

Since this problem doesn't seem to exist with the S3 originated files, I guess I'll just stick with running VideoReDo using my Windows VM for the time being.
    Rather than try to support tytompg muxing in two different ways (with users somehow needing to figure out when to use one mode or the other), I dug deeper and resolved the compatibility issue between tivo & my muxer.

First, I was able to reproduce this same problem with S3 recordings from NBC OTA (by remultiplexing such recordings thru my multiplexer).

In the OTA problem recordings, the audio stream includes very large PES packets. My multiplexer chops these into smaller sized PES packets. In preserving timestamps from the original stream, this had the unexpected side effect of allowing too many audio bytes through with the same time code. Tivo's player was choking badly in response, unlike the software-based players.

So now I've fixed the multiplexer to assign unique time codes to these extra audio packets (while still letting the source stream control the overall timing).

For good measure, I'm now also scaling the time codes to start off near 0. This makes vlc happier as it malfunctions with very large time codes (treats the high-bit as a sign bit).

This gets me the best of both worlds (original timings are preserved; a/v sync preserved even in the presence of transmission errors/holes).

Works for me, would be good to hear if it does for you as well. I've released these changes with a new build of tytompg: 0.21.

This gets me the best of both worlds (original timings are preserved; a/v sync preserved even in the presence of transmission errors/holes).

Works for me, would be good to hear if it does for you as well. I've released these changes with a new build of tytompg: 0.21.
    Nice work! Sounds like that will make for a more robust tool all the way around. Alas, I've already converted all my older .ty files and ran them through VideoReDo, so I don't have them anymore to try it on...

Here's an app to help create a tivo file from a ty:
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=58426

This creates an "unencrypted tivo" file. The header info is encrypted, but the mpeg-ps portion is not, which allows for faster transfers than an "encrypted tivo" file.

HTH