Thread: Going HD, Which one?

Going HD, Which one?

I am going to go HD and am wondering which unit do I go with.
    I have been running with multiple Hacked HDVR2's and have stayed there because I lke the capabilites like:
    HMO
    Extraction
    etc..
    However, all my TV's now can use a HDV signal.
    Does DTV make a Tivo unit or are all the ones they have DTV units only?
    Four Hacked HDVR2's,
    One Still slightly confused Hacker,
    4 dogs, 8 cats, and 1 wife that is happy as long as I don't screw up her TiVo ...... Oh yeah two grandchildren that are the light of my life!

The HR20-700 or the newer HR21 is the only current HD DVR offered by DirecTV. The HR10-250 HDTivos are no longer in production and the mpeg2 HD channels will probably make the switch to mpeg4 in the very near future. This will render the HDTivo useful for recording standard def DTV programming and OTA HD channels only.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    The HR20-700 or the newer HR21 is the only current HD DVR offered by DirecTV. The HR10-250 HDTivos are no longer in production and the mpeg2 HD channels will probably make the switch to mpeg4 in the very near future. This will render the HDTivo useful for recording standard def DTV programming and OTA HD channels only.
    Bummer,
    So is the HR20 or 21 hackable?
    Can either of them do MRV?
    Four Hacked HDVR2's,
    4 dogs, 8 cats, and 1 wife that is happy as long as I don't screw up her TiVo ...... Oh yeah two grandchildren that are the light of my life!

No and No. I believe you can add more storage using an external SATA drive but that's about it.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Thanks

Thanks for the info..
    Four Hacked HDVR2's,