Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70

Thread: tytompg: Now with transport stream support, plus tstompg

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076

    tytompg version 1.1

    I've posted a new version. The new version is more conservative with audio stream muxing. It will leave the virtual buffer less full, in order to fix playback on s3 tivos (after reinsertion).

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    If you're using an s3 TY file you have to add a -3 switch, else you see the error you mention. I had noted this in post #1.
    Ahh, yes! And if I would've taken the time to re-read that post when I ran into problems, or even before I posted the second time, I could saved myself some embarassment.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    235
    I am still getting audio dropout with 1.1. I see no entries in /var/log/kernel while playing.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I am still getting audio dropout with 1.1. I see no entries in /var/log/kernel while playing.
    Ok, then I need a lot more info. TY2 or TY3? ac3 or mpeg audio? HD or SD? OTA, cablecard, or analog cable? I assume the .mpg recording plays fine with vlc?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Ok, then I need a lot more info. TY2 or TY3? ac3 or mpeg audio? HD or SD? OTA, cablecard, or analog cable? I assume the .mpg recording plays fine with vlc?
    The recordings I am testing are cablecard, HD, TY3, and dolby digital. TS and mpg play fine in VLC.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    235
    A quick test of two more files, both cablecard, HD , AC3:

    This one works:
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Video frame size is 1920x1080 - high definition. Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 38810400 bits/sec., 38810 Kbit/sec.

    This one doesn't:
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 192 kbps, 768 bytes/sync frame
    Video frame size is 704x480 Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 15000000 bits/sec., 15000 Kbit/sec.

    The original one:
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Obtained ac3 audio sync, offset 98. Chunk 1
    Video frame size is 1920x1080 - high definition. Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 14250000 bits/sec., 14250 Kbit/sec.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Ok, I've reproduced it with ac3 audio. My previous tests were mpeg, tho I had confirmed that the 80%->25% buffer level change was applicable to both audio formats.
    Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    This one works:
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Video frame size is 1920x1080 - high definition. Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 38810400 bits/sec., 38810 Kbit/sec.

    This one doesn't:
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 192 kbps, 768 bytes/sync frame
    Bingo, this info points right at the main bug. I was miscalculating the bytes/sec for ac3 audio. For 48khz 384kbps, the answer was right, but for 192kbps the answer was wrong. Before last month's 0.21 version of tytompg, this didn't matter as the audio timestamps were all coming from the source stream. But as of 0.21 I interpolate some timestamps and I was off for ac3 at 192kbps.

    With this fix, s3 playback is better, but still not perfect. The s3 is proving to be pickier about its mpeg than any of the software based players...

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    235
    I should also point out that the one I marked as original was the first test that I did, which also had audio dropped, so:

    This one works:
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Video frame size is 1920x1080 - high definition. Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 38810400 bits/sec., 38810 Kbit/sec.

    This one doesn't (original test):
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Obtained ac3 audio sync, offset 98. Chunk 1
    Video frame size is 1920x1080 - high definition. Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 14250000 bits/sec., 14250 Kbit/sec.

    I can do some more testing if you like. If so, just let me know what info you need me to report.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I should also point out that the one I marked as original was the first test that I did, which also had audio dropped, so:
    Yes, both bitrates are exhibiting some playback problems. ac3 audio with bitrates other than 384kbps were clearly off due to the bug I mentioned (and have fixed).

    It seems to me the s3 is being needlessly picky about how a/v is muxed. After all the overall stream datarates are fine and I'm not letting the virtual buffer under or over run...
    Doesn't help that the s3 won't log any errors. Still trying to get to the bottom of things.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I can do some more testing if you like. If so, just let me know what info you need me to report.
    Have you seen any problems with recordings that have mpeg audio?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Have you seen any problems with recordings that have mpeg audio?
    I hadn't transferred any mpeg, but I tested tonight and mpeg audio also experiences drops. Is this related to the bug you've already fixed? It looks like audio is calculated at half the video rate:
    Video frame size is 480x480 Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 8700000 bits/sec., 8700 Kbit/sec.
    MPEG audio at 48kHz, 192 kbps, 576 bytes/sync frame
    Done!
    Stream audio: 25697 frames (308 seconds aprox.)
    Stream video: 18487 frames, 36974 fields (616 seconds aprox.)

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    I hadn't transferred any mpeg, but I tested tonight and mpeg audio also experiences drops. Is this related to the bug you've already fixed?
    I've also now found some drops with some mpeg audio recordings, upon s3 insertion. No, the mpeg audio rate has been calculated correctly all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    (though It looks like audio is calculated at half the video rate:
    Video frame size is 480x480 Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 8700000 bits/sec., 8700 Kbit/sec.
    MPEG audio at 48kHz, 192 kbps, 576 bytes/sync frame
    Done!
    Stream audio: 25697 frames (308 seconds aprox.)
    Stream video: 18487 frames, 36974 fields (616 seconds aprox.)
    Here, the video frame rate is often mis-reported, as the number of frames is not being precisely counted here. It will tend to be right for progressive video. That is why I print "aprox." here. This is just cosmetic. You should be able to go by the audio recording length (so long as the audio rate doesn't vary within the recording).

    I'm still working on tightening up my muxer's timings to make the s3s happy.

    I do note that .mpg interoperability with the s3's TTCB on-the-fly muxer has posed widespread problems:

    http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=374868

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    2
    FYI, I'm also getting the audio dropouts with 1.1 on an unhacked S2 standalone playing back video originally from a S2 DTivo.

    I'm using this (and recently the new tytotivo) to convert and then transfer with Tivo Desktop TTCB.

    Thanks for the great tool!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    FYI, I'm also getting the audio dropouts with 1.1 on an unhacked S2 standalone playing back video originally from a S2 DTivo.
    Interesting, I didn't know TTCB with older models didn't like my muxer as well. I wonder if I broke something other than non 384kbps ac3, or is that just what you're seeing? Maybe you could compare your results against tytompg 0.19?

    In any case, a pass thru videoredo will probably clean up the .mpg.

    I'm in the midst of a bit of code cleanup to better address TTCB, so I don't have a complete fix ready yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •