Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: tytompg: Now with transport stream support, plus tstompg

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know TTCB with older models didn't like my muxer as well. I wonder if I broke something other than non 384kbps ac3, or is that just what you're seeing? Maybe you could compare your results against tytompg 0.19?
    I checked 0.19 and 0.21 and they are both clean. Right, this isn't ac3, its 192k MPEG.

Probably just cosmetic, but I noticed the output from the different versions is the same, except that 0.19 and 0.21 print out the audio line twice (it is a 1490sec clip):

Code:
    Video frame size is 480x480  Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 15000000 bits/sec., 15000 Kbit/sec.
    MPEG2 audio at 48kHz, 192 kbps, 576 bytes/sync frame
    MPEG2 audio at 48kHz, 192 kbps, 576 bytes/sync frame
    Done!
    Stream audio: 62513 frames (750 seconds aprox.)
    Stream video: 44657 frames, 89944 fields (1490 seconds aprox.)

Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    I checked 0.19 and 0.21 and they are both clean. Right, this isn't ac3, its 192k MPEG.
    I just regression tested insertion of a recording with 192kbps mpeg audio on an s3, and version 1.1 has no dropouts whereas 0.19 and 0.21 did. Seems like you're seeing the opposite which doesn't make sense to me. I don't have an s2 with TTCB, so I probably need more information to figure out what's going wrong in your case.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike111 View Post
    Probably just cosmetic, but I noticed the output from the different versions is the same, except that 0.19 and 0.21 print out the audio line twice (it is a 1490sec clip):
    Older versions would identify the audio stream twice, and report it twice. This was cosmetic. Some background: To multiplex, I have to perform 2 passes over the beginning of the streams, 1 to identify things, and the 2nd pass to remux. In newer code, a lot of things changed under the covers, including the fact that the identified audio stream info is preserved between the two passes. Thus the newer code no longer redundantly reports the audio stream identity.

I'm still working on tightening up my muxer's timings to make the s3s happy.
    Just wondering how this is coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by jkozee View Post
    Just wondering how this is coming along.
    Had a bunch of other things come up so this went to the back burner. Hmm, where were we? It seems everything is fine except TTCB doesn't like remuxing my .mpg back onto the tivo without occasional audio dropout problems. A pass thru videoredo clears things up. Sound right?

I've been having trouble figuring out what exactly TTCB's special requirements are for mpeg. I'm afraid I might have to go back to regenerating all the timestamps to keep it happy which I'd rather avoid. Guess it's asking too much for the tivo to log some relevant errors. Do you have anything that fails with the software players (vlc/xine/mplayer/powerdvd)?

Do you have anything that fails with the software players (vlc/xine/mplayer/powerdvd)?
    Powerdvd seems to handle them fine, it's just the TiVo's that don't seem to like them.

Hey BCC, does tytompg support removal of the VBI? If not, how hard would something like that be to add?

Great tool!

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonsJTD View Post
    Hey BCC, does tytompg support removal of the VBI? If not, how hard would something like that be to add?

Great tool!
    I've tried to keep tytompg out of the business of modifying the video & audio streams, so no I'd rather not support that unless it somehow became necessary. In my experience, the line21 closed captioning info in the VBI has only been an issue for occasional DVD authoring, in which case it's best removed in the transcoding step. With media players you should be able to deal with line21 by configuring overscan or crop. Ideally the media player will not try to display the line21 data as video in the first place.

Had a bunch of other things come up so this went to the back burner. Hmm, where were we? It seems everything is fine except TTCB doesn't like remuxing my .mpg back onto the tivo without occasional audio dropout problems. A pass thru videoredo clears things up. Sound right?

I've been having trouble figuring out what exactly TTCB's special requirements are for mpeg. I'm afraid I might have to go back to regenerating all the timestamps to keep it happy which I'd rather avoid. Guess it's asking too much for the tivo to log some relevant errors. Do you have anything that fails with the software players (vlc/xine/mplayer/powerdvd)?
    Are your ears burning again Any news on the TTCB audio drop outs. I stopped all testing and have been awaiting word on if there is a fix on the horizon. Does you know if the 9.3a OS fixes this on the TiVo end, or does the muxer still need to be tweaked?

Are your ears burning again
    No, did I miss a conversation somewhere?
    Any news on the TTCB audio drop outs. I stopped all testing and have been awaiting word on if there is a fix on the horizon. Does you know if the 9.3a OS fixes this on the TiVo end, or does the muxer still need to be tweaked?
    I tried about 10 different tweaks to make series 3 TTCB happy with my remuxed mpeg. Some changes made things better, some worse, but in many cases the resulting recordings still would not play perfectly for long. The tivo would behave as if there were under/overruns in the recording even though the mpeg virtual buffers were not being under/overflowed. For HD recordings primarily.

It looks like TTCB folks never heard of the interoperability saying "be liberal in what you expect". So to fix things completely I believe I'd have to re-do the remultiplexer such that it can generate new timestamps for each frame as if the mpeg had been transcoded (even though I would not be transcoding). This is a bit more than I wanted to do just to provide for series 3 re-insertion. Especially since videoredo provides a complete workaround, no?

I just tried 9.3a and I didn't notice any improvements. Is 9.3a supposed to improve on TTCB? I see there still are a lot of recent tivocommunity posts about TTCB problems.
    Last edited by bcc; 04-24-2008 at 01:23 AM.

How do I install? I'm not sure what to click in the .zip file

Quote Originally Posted by gravely101 View Post
    How do I install? I'm not sure what to click in the .zip file
    Did you even read the documentation? It's pretty straightforward; from the docs:
    Typical usage:
    tytompg -y <show>.ty
    Output is to <show>.mpg by default. Some switches:
    -y Allow overwrite of output file without confirmation, even if it already exists
    -V Omit video stream from output file
    -A Omit audio stream from output file
    -s <number> Skip <number> chunks on input before processing. Note: if input file is a .tmf file, this option will not work correctly
    -n <number> Process <number> chunks from input
    There's nothing to click - it's a command line program. You could probably drag your ty onto the executable. Use the correct executable for your architecture: i.e. in the mac, windows, linux folders...
    Last edited by ScanMan; 07-20-2008 at 01:27 PM.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

I went into the windows-x86 folder, and tried opening the executable but it only did 13 minutes of the tv show

Quote Originally Posted by gravely101 View Post
    I went into the windows-x86 folder, and tried opening the executable but it only did 13 minutes of the tv show
    Any error messages? You might want to post those, I'm sure bcc can tell you what's going on.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Oh wait, actually its doing the whole video, but the .ty filesize is 480mb and the mpg created is 18.2mb

Something seems wrong here....

Do I need to be concerned with large discrepancy between audio and video stream lengths?

Code:
    Video frame size is 480x480  Frame rate 29.970030
    Video bit rate is 15000000 bits/sec., 15000 Kbit/sec.
    AC3 audio at 48kHz, 384 kbps, 1536 bytes/sync frame
    Warning: temporal_reference order problem.  Value: 5 group_start: 127431 last: 127460
    Done!
    Stream audio: 217519 frames (6960 seconds aprox.)
    Stream video: 174874 frames, 417242 fields (5834 seconds aprox.)