Thread: Advice requested: How to dispose of old Series 1 units

Advice requested: How to dispose of old Series 1 units

I got a couple old series 1 units sitting the basement (unsubbed of course). Long ago I stripped the hard drive out of one.

Does anyone have a good recommendation as to what to do with them? (besides simply throwing them in the trash)

(Of course if someone would want them, they would be free to the first person willing to pay shipping)

Ebay 'em. You may get more than just shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by buechel View Post
    I got a couple old series 1 units sitting the basement (unsubbed of course). Long ago I stripped the hard drive out of one.

Does anyone have a good recommendation as to what to do with them? (besides simply throwing them in the trash)

(Of course if someone would want them, they would be free to the first person willing to pay shipping)
    They make nice remote playback stations for people using Tivo or DTivo series 2s; the SA series ones run DTivo OS 2.x quite nicely. I'd hate to see them thrown away, but I have installed all I need for the friends/family still at the DTivo/Tivo series 2 level.

If you ever get to the point you're going to landfill them, PM me and I'll pay shipping, but I'd think someone would pay a little for the power supplies and the MBs.

These are not obsolete by any means.

$71 for the latest on ebay.
    David R. Hill............... TivoWeb Hack Manager
    Chebeague Island........From the land of champions:
    Casco Bay..................The Boston Red Sox
    Maine........................The New England Patriots
    58.5 gig HDR-112 since October, 2000
    240 gig, 306 hours since January, 2004 (same machine)
    120 gig DSR6000 DirecTiVo

"There are 10 kinds of people -- those who count in binary and those who don't."