Thread: Best 6.3 Software for HR10-250

Best 6.3 Software for HR10-250

I have been running software 3.15f for a long time now. I use TYtools a lot. I want to upgrade to 6.3 software to use the new features. I want to especially try out movieloader. I know I am a little behind - still a newbie. What's the best, most stable version out there? I know I can get 6.3f available at some stores or download it on my box. If an earlier version is better, is there a way to get that software? Thanks in advance!

TD

6.3f should be fine..

Read this post I wrote on how to upgrade...

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...hlight=cokekid

here is the add63.tcl file: http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/at...7&d=1159742345
    Last edited by cokekid; 02-28-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cokekid View Post
    6.3f should be fine..
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by cokekid
    here is the add63.tcl file:
    Better yet, see this post for 3 different links to 6.3f slices.

Thanks for the replies. I will go ahead and try 6.3f. One other question you guys may be able to help me with. I have many .ty files stored on my computer mostly HD format. What is the best program to play these back in? There is the mplayer that works good on all files, but the problem is that the audio does not line up with the video. Is there a setting for that? Of do you recommend another program? Standard Definition plays fine on mplayer, even on media player. Thanks in advance.

TD

Ty playback can be somewhat difficult IME. You could use tytompg to convert them to standard mpg files. Then pretty much any player should work fine.

if I use tytools on an HD program and convert it to mpg, there is always a grey line across the bottom. is there a better program for converting ty to mpg? one that won't give me that line?

Thanks

TD

Quote Originally Posted by td33398 View Post
    is there a better program for converting ty to mpg?
    I like tytompg.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

thanks. I tried tytompg and still got the grey bar at the bottom of the mpg movie. has anyone else gotten this before? I use tytool to extract the file / hd movie from my hr10-250 to my computer and then use either tytool to convert it to mpg or tytompg. the resulting mpg always has an annoying grey bar at the bottom of the movie. Anyone know how to fix this? is it a setting somehwhere? thanks

TD