Thread: Swap outs heating up

Swap outs heating up

Got a call today from DirecTV to swap out my HR10-250 for a HR21-700. Told them I was happy with my HR10-250 and really didn't need an upgrade. I was then told that "shortly" this receiver will no longer receive HD content.

Well, to make a long story short, the CSR told me all owners of record with the HR10's are being called to make the swap. The swap out is free and they are actually sending someone out to deliver the HR21 and do the swap. They're doing it on Saturday so they must be on a deadline to get the HR10's out of the loop.

Fortunately I still have my hacked HDVR2 and R10 left.

Yes, it's a lease so I guess they can do what they want since they do own it.

Anyone else get this call?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - a cigar in one hand - a Martini in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a ride!

1 HDVR2, 500 Gb, hacked, 6.3e
    1 R10 Prom Mod 500 Gb 6.3e
    1 HR20-100 Stock
    1 HR21-100 Stock

Lots of people are getting these calls. (Not me, though. I do have a HR10 but also have an HR20 and HR21. I paid $199 for my initial HR20.)

It is not true that "shortly" you will no longer receive HD content, but you will receive less and less over the coming year, and eventually none. If you get the LA HD networks on your HR10, you will lose those shortly.
    Steve