Thread: smallest possible HD recording ?

smallest possible HD recording ?

I am doing some work with media players, etc., and would like a sample of HD content ripped from an s3 tivo.

The problem is, a half hour is sometimes 3+ GB in size or more.

What I would like is a full, non-clipped, HD show recorded with my s3 tivo that I can easily move from place to place for diagnostic and testing purposes.

I found an HDNet test pattern, but even that was 15 minutes long. Does anyone have any suggestions for a very small, scheduled program on a HD channel ? Maybe some preview that gets its own time slot so I could record a 5 minute program ?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tiver View Post
    I am doing some work with media players, etc., and would like a sample of HD content ripped from an s3 tivo.

The problem is, a half hour is sometimes 3+ GB in size or more.

What I would like is a full, non-clipped, HD show recorded with my s3 tivo that I can easily move from place to place for diagnostic and testing purposes.

I found an HDNet test pattern, but even that was 15 minutes long. Does anyone have any suggestions for a very small, scheduled program on a HD channel ? Maybe some preview that gets its own time slot so I could record a 5 minute program ?

Thanks.
    Why not just manually record a long commercial and then just stop the recording early?

I was going to say why not setup a 5 minute recording by time and channel. Or start recording a show and stop the recording manually after 1 minute.