Thread: upgrading from HR10-250 to HR20-100S, questions

upgrading from HR10-250 to HR20-100S, questions

Im using a diplexer system for one of the inputs to my HR10-250 for off-air locals.

Will I still be able to use this diplexer system for the HR20-100S to get off-air locals? Im concerned about these new "base band converters" that are required for the HR20, and that they may not be compatible with off-air locals using a diplexer

Quote Originally Posted by opticalcarrier View Post
    Im using a diplexer system for one of the inputs to my HR10-250 for off-air locals.

Will I still be able to use this diplexer system for the HR20-100S to get off-air locals? Im concerned about these new "base band converters" that are required for the HR20, and that they may not be compatible with off-air locals using a diplexer
    You will not be able to use the diplexer. It's time to run another coax.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

The installer did say that If I got the zinwell 6x8 wideband multi-switch that the OTA antenna could plug into one of the FlexPorts, and the multiswitch would then feed OTA locals to all receivers connected to the multiswitch.

He also claimed that then I wouldnt need any diplexers, and that I wouldnt have to connect anything to the OTA port on my HR20 since the HR20 would switch the correct signals to the multiswitch to make the OTA locals come in...

This is all news to me.... anyone heard of this?

The flex ports are meant to be used with the extra dishes required for locals in certain areas. I believe the sats are located at 92.5 and 72.5, or at least in those two general vicinities. You can't use diplexers when receiving channels from the mpeg4 sats because the frequency band interferes with the UHF/VHF frequencies for your locals. You need to run a dedicated line from your antenna to each receiver for OTA reception.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

well i did that little trick where you install the BBC between the system of diplexers and the LNB, and now everything works fine. (the BBC is in the attic, so its protected from the elements) Now I got 2 mpeg4 LNB connections and an OTA antenna connection all coming in on 2 cables. and my local OTA HD channels are in full rate HD glory.

I was able to talk the installer into leaving me one of those zinwell 6x8 switches. Guess I'll just set it aside for now.