Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TiVo UI Control via Telnet - No Hacking Required!

Port 31339 UI control doesn't work on my hacked TiVO HD. I have /sbin/tnlited running that may have interfered with the funtion?

Go to Messages & Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Network Remote Control

Then you have to enable it (by default, the option is set to disabled)

Transfers via TTG tend to be faster if both tuners are tuned to channels you don't receive (stops buffering). This is a great way to change the channels from our PC.

Quote Originally Posted by jhomsaan12 View Post
    After thinking about it for a small while, my curiosity was piqued, and I decided to try and figure out the protocol Crestron was using to talk to an unhacked TiVo, and how we non-Crestron users could somehow harness it.

As it turns out both the TiVo HD and Series3 units now listen on port 31339 for connections from a Crestron device. What is really interesting about this discovery is that this service is enabled and accessible by default on a stock Series3 running software 9.1 and up. There is NO HACKING REQUIRED to use this interface.

The protocol and its commands aren't published, but some heavy digging on Crestron and debugging the tivoapp binary resulted in some interested finds.
    I think you're about 3 years too late.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=392385

Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy_1980 View Post
    I think you're about 3 years too late.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=392385
    Your post confuses me. Who is three years too late? For what?
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.