Thread: MRV/Tivoserver not showing up in now playing list

MRV/Tivoserver not showing up in now playing list

I have a Directv Hughes SD-DVR40 that I zippered about 2 years ago with Instancake and it works great. I have Tivoserver running on my XP pc and can view/stream movies from my pc to my Directv Tivo. I just bought another Hughes SD-DVR40 in hopes of setting up MRV between rooms and using Tivoserver for it as well. I zippered the new SD-DVR40s drive. Did not use instantcake since I did not need any extra space since I am going to be using it for MRV only. I cannot see the Tivoserver or the other Tivo in the now playing list. I have sniffed the connection with Wireshark and here is what I have noticed.

Working Directv Tivo:
    It sends out a Tivo Discovery Beacon broadcast with a source port of 2190. In this Broadcast, it sends its name that I set it to "MasterBedroom". It also sends Tvbus beacons with a source port of 2191.

Nonworking Directv Tivo:
    It sends out a Tivo Discovery Beacon broadcast with a source port of 2190. However, it does not broadcast the name I set nor does it send Tvbus beacons.

Tivoserver:
    It sends out a Tivo Discovery Beacon broadcast with a source port of 2190.

Both Tivos are listening on ports 2190 and 2191 via the netstat -ln. Anyone have any ideas as to where I can look to see where I went wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fhobgood View Post
    zippered...
    this doesn't really give any useful troubleshooting information at all. I suggest you ask the author of this tool for help since they are aware of what changes it actually made to your tivo.

You'll need 4.x or 6.2x sw, superpatch, and set_mrv_name to create a TIVOVID cert under /State/Keyring.

most likely it contacted the mothershop and lost its certs.. you will have to delete the mothership certs with delob and rerun set_mrv

If he used the Z****r then he probably has no clue what you're talking about, especially since the authors of said program specifially indicated that anyone using it not come here for support or even mention it within these forums.

fhobgood - you need to take your Z****r support questions and post them at the Tivo Community forum in the Tivo Underground section where the official support thread is located. You won't find any support for it here.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!