Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.4a has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by crashHD View Post
    Here's an actual, proper tcl superpatch, instead of just a patch script. Only works on 6.4a, and only tested on my own unit. It would be appreciated if the first few people other than myself to use it would report back with their results. Thanks
    Finally got around to upgrading one of my units, the least I could do for you Crash is test your script since you tested all my patch locations. As expected all good here.

now to go play with on-line scheduler
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Excellent. Thanks everyone
    They say beer will make me dumb. It are go good with pizza!-----------
    3XR10, prommed, 3xdvr40,4xdvr39, all networked, ranging from 40GB to 750GB

Quote Originally Posted by jmrwiseguy View Post
    I'm using TySuiteJ most of the time now. It retrieves the ty files and converts them to .mpg on the fly.
    i'll check it out. i assume this is a Java program? i need to be able to run on linux (i am running TyTool under Wine)

Not getting slices

Has anyone else had issues getting the slices over the sat? I am thinking this might be similar to the issue with the 6.2 slices not getting downloaded, but the fix from last time is not fixing it.

Any ideas on what to check?

Quote Originally Posted by Ellipse View Post
    Has anyone else had issues getting the slices over the sat? I am thinking this might be similar to the issue with the 6.2 slices not getting downloaded, but the fix from last time is not fixing it.

Any ideas on what to check?
    I have 2 units at 6.2a, neither have downloaded, one subbed, one not. I have run the script (add6x.tcl?) a few times and also tried running fakecall and rebooting...nothing yet.
    Neither have phone line
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    I have 2 units at 6.2a, neither have downloaded, one subbed, one not. I have run the script (add6x.tcl?) a few times and also tried running fakecall and rebooting...nothing yet.
    Neither have phone line
    I have the exact same situation here. It would be nice if someone could capture the slices and post them for all.

modified add6x.tcl

Attached is a quick hack to add6x.tcl that may work. It's completely untested, I just forced a call and dumped the /State/ServiceConfig info. I've been completely unable to get any slices over the phone so I think it should work.

Whether or not it works to get the slices, it will probably add back Showcases if you had previously removed them. So I also attached a script I use on my dtivo and TivoHD boxes to get rid of all the Showcase crap, in case anyone needs it afterwards. nuke_ads.tcl undoes everything that the modified add6x.tcl does so give it some time to see if you get the slices before using it. Also, if you had previously used the old add6x script, you might want to use nuke_ads first to clear out the DataGroupList info you currently have.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jt1134; 06-05-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: fixed attachment

I'll let you know what happens..... Trying it tonight.....

Quote Originally Posted by stevel View Post
    The problem I had was apparently caused by the stock USB drivers as they caused a kernel panic. I replaced them with the backported modules and copied the dhclient from the old partition to the new one - that worked. I'm up on 6.4a with network access.
    the stock usb drivers work fine on my m/c. they are very slow downloading, <900kb. if memory serves, on 6.3f with the backported drivers, my speed was over 2.1mb

how did you replace the usb drivers? ehci-hcd.o, usb-ohci.o, and usbcore.o are symlinks, in 6.4a pointing to a folder I cannot find.

ehci-hcd.o -> ../../platform/lib/modules/ehci-hcd.o
    usb-ohci.o -> ../../platform/lib/modules/usb-ohci.o
    usbcore.o -> ../../platform/lib/modules/usbcore.o

thanks in advance

they point to /platform/lib/modules where the real files are.

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    Neither have phone line
    I don't think add6x.tcl works anymore. I also think DirecTV does not cradle the slices every day or every DVR data stream.
    (2) DirecTV HR10-250 both 400 Gig <6.3f networked via Tivo wireless G adapter>
    (1) Directv Philips DSR704 223 hr <6.2a networked via D-Link DWL-122>
    (1) HR20-700 networked <software 0x23d ethernet cable via router Belkin F5D7231-4>
    (1) HR20-100 netowrked <software 0x23d via Netgear XE103 wall-plugged adapter>

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    Attached is a quick hack to add6x.tcl that may work. It's completely untested, I just forced a call and dumped the /State/ServiceConfig info. I've been completely unable to get any slices over the phone so I think it should work.

Whether or not it works to get the slices, it will probably add back Showcases if you had previously removed them. So I also attached a script I use on my dtivo and TivoHD boxes to get rid of all the Showcase crap, in case anyone needs it afterwards. nuke_ads.tcl undoes everything that the modified add6x.tcl does so give it some time to see if you get the slices before using it. Also, if you had previously used the old add6x script, you might want to use nuke_ads first to clear out the DataGroupList info you currently have.
    Thanks for posting nuke_ads.tcl thats a big hell. I hate those showcases and I dont like this zipper.
    (2) DirecTV HR10-250 both 400 Gig <6.3f networked via Tivo wireless G adapter>
    (1) Directv Philips DSR704 223 hr <6.2a networked via D-Link DWL-122>
    (1) HR20-700 networked <software 0x23d ethernet cable via router Belkin F5D7231-4>
    (1) HR20-100 netowrked <software 0x23d via Netgear XE103 wall-plugged adapter>

they point to /platform/lib/modules where the real files are.
    thanks jt1134

so I replace the files in /platform/lib/modules and reboot?

the files in /lib/modules are links to /platform so you can do one of two things. you can overwrite the links in /lib/modules with the actual files, or put them in /platform/lib/modules. if you put them in /platform just make sure you keep the links in tact.

the files in /lib/modules are links to /platform so you can do one of two things. you can overwrite the links in /lib/modules with the actual files, or put them in /platform/lib/modules. if you put them in /platform just make sure you keep the links in tact.
    thanks,
    easy enough. Anyone have any download speeds using 6.4a? stock drivers are running @900kb in TyTool 10