Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.4a has arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    I guess I missed the part where you have to install mfs_ftp on your PC and your Tivo.
    mfs_ftp is on the TiVo only
    I just installed it on the Tivo and started it. The first part of the log is from the PC. The part about ./mfs_import being missing is true. No mfs_import binary installed when I installed mfs_ftp on the tivo per the instructions.
    Did you install the two files I posted a few threads back after installing mfs_ftp?
    (2) UltimateTV - upgraded w/160GB
    (1) HR10-250 2TB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 620GB 6.4a
    (1) HR10-250 300GB 6.4a
    (3) HR21 (2) with AM21 & internal 2TB Seagate
    RandC

Quote Originally Posted by RandC View Post
    mfs_ftp is on the TiVo only
    Did you install the two files I posted a few threads back after installing mfs_ftp?
    Yes, and I edited the tzoffset to match my time zone too. Does the Tivo file system have to be in read/write mode maybe? I'm missing the import binary on the tivo. It didn't install with the package. That's got to be the problem.

I did get it working and was able to transfer (import) a program to my Dtivo. It appeared in the Now Playing list and when you go to play it it, it looks like a partial recording, duration 0:00. (I did wait for the queue to clear and complete). When I played it, the machine rebooted. Oh well. No errors reported in the logs. It looks like a nice little program and if I can get it working, there's no need to go back to 6.2a. This appears to be the only solution to the limitations of 6.4a, but I don't quite have it yet.
    Last edited by Rorschach; 06-30-2008 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tas3086 View Post
    I've had some success with this mfs_ftp fix:
    in: proc set_rec_csos { recfsid } {

Change this line:
    foreach cso $csos { dbobj $Part add CommercialSkipOffset cso }

to this:
    # foreach cso $csos { dbobj $Part add CommercialSkipOffset $cso }

CSO lines cause problems in later versions of 6.3 and may also in 6.4
    Let mke know if it worked.

P.S> MovieLoader is fantastic for moving files around
    I'm trying.

That seems to have done the trick. When you go to play it, it still says partial and length 0:00, but the whole thing plays okay, so I'm happy.

I'm using tyffmpeg to create the .ty files to import. What's the best method to convert the exported .ty files from the Tivo back into MPG files? I'm going to try tyffmpeg for that too, but I thought there might be something else.

And how do you get MovieLoader to refresh the contents of movies to import short of quitting and restarting it which is the only thing I've been able to figure out that works.

I know we're getting off-topic, but the point here was to get a 6.4a system to be able to work as far as putting movies onto it. With tweaking, the MovieLoader HME application looks like the only available option.
    Last edited by Rorschach; 06-30-2008 at 01:04 PM.

35 Upgrade gone bad

I'll try to be as concise as possible. I've had a hacked SD-DVR40 for quite some time - did all the hacks by hand with the information on this forum. It has had no issues. I was on 6.2a and decided to do the upgrade to 6.4a. I've gone from 4.0b to 6.2a, and thought this would be similar. I edited SwInstall.itcl, ran it with no problems, then moved my stuff over (test.conf, rc.runfirst, rc. runlast, etc.) . I modified the patch file posted so I could patch tivoapp in place before I did the reboot. Copied my backported USB drivers over, copied the iptables file over, and move netfilter-enable out of the way. Lastly, I copied the kernel over (dd if=/dev/hda3 of=/dev/hda6).

When I rebooted it hung forever at the screen where it said it was upgrading stuff (don't recall the exact wording), and I had all kinds of errors in my log files. After a few hours I decided to revert back to the stock tivoapp. Now it's stuck at the "Almost there..." screen. I have a bunch of errors in my log files and have searched the forum for matching threads but I'm not having any luck. The main errors are of the form:

Failed to load document named "/sw_locale/lib/tvlocaleplugin/LocaleInfo.brf"
    Error 0x30001 (0x30001)

And my tvlog file is stuck with the following:

Jul 17 01:06:03 (none) ApgManager[234]: Check for forcing PGD Changed Event

Anyhow, I'm stuck at this point. There is nothing on this box that I care about saving, but I don't want to revert to my original stock HDD, either. I attached the log files. Any help is appreciated.
    Slider
    -------------------
    A universal remote control, does not, in fact, allow you to control the universe.
    SD-DVR40(80) (6.4a), HR10-250 (unhacked) (6.4a), HR20-100

Quote Originally Posted by slider565 View Post
    ...and move netfilter-enable out of the way.
    don't rename netfilter. that only works on 6.2x and below. just fix iptables or stick iptables -F in a startup script somewhere.

Thanks JT. I was able to revert back to my other (6.2a) partition for now (the wife needs the TV ). I made those changes and will try a reboot in the morning. I had a feeling I missed a few things trying to go right from 6.2a to 6.4a, I just couldn't find the little things like that.
    Slider
    -------------------
    A universal remote control, does not, in fact, allow you to control the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by slider565 View Post
    Thanks JT. I was able to revert back to my other (6.2a) partition for now (the wife needs the TV ). I made those changes and will try a reboot in the morning. I had a feeling I missed a few things trying to go right from 6.2a to 6.4a, I just couldn't find the little things like that.
    if you able to just flip your bootpage back, then the update didn't go thru all the way. you may need to re-run installSw.itcl.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    if you able to just flip your bootpage back, then the update didn't go thru all the way. you may need to re-run installSw.itcl.
    You were correct again. I forgot to set some environment variables (SerialNumber, PROMVERSION) which was causing the install to not complete correctly. Works like a champ now - thanks for your help.
    Slider
    -------------------

6.4a Compatibility

I haven't hacked my tivos (DSR704, HR10-250) for some time now. My DSR704 is working with 6.2a, and the HR10-250 is on 6.3f. Both are hacked and running fine (except I cannot get Hackman to run on the DSR). I just want to make sure that 6.4a will work on both machines. I know it will on the HR10 (got the message from DTV), but will it also work on the DSR704?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckwrights3 View Post
    I just want to make sure that 6.4a will work on both machines. I know it will on the HR10 (got the message from DTV), but will it also work on the DSR704?

Thanks
    it will....

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    Attached is a quick hack to add6x.tcl that may work. It's completely untested, I just forced a call and dumped the /State/ServiceConfig info. I've been completely unable to get any slices over the phone so I think it should work.

Whether or not it works to get the slices, it will probably add back Showcases if you had previously removed them. So I also attached a script I use on my dtivo and TivoHD boxes to get rid of all the Showcase crap, in case anyone needs it afterwards. nuke_ads.tcl undoes everything that the modified add6x.tcl does so give it some time to see if you get the slices before using it. Also, if you had previously used the old add6x script, you might want to use nuke_ads first to clear out the DataGroupList info you currently have.
    wondering if anyone has had success with this. I've run it multiple times over the last couple weeks and still can't get the slices to download.
    I'm running 6.2a on a series 2, DSR7000
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

Quote Originally Posted by jwciv View Post
    wondering if anyone has had success with this. I've run it multiple times over the last couple weeks and still can't get the slices to download.
    I'm running 6.2a on a series 2, DSR7000
    No joy here. Tried it on two different HDVR2's. Still no slices.

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoosh View Post
    No joy here. Tried it on two different HDVR2's. Still no slices.
    maybe they are out of the stream
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

29 clarification

so I just want to make sure i understand one thing. the new 6.4a upgrade from Dtv on my dtivo's now comes with the HME code. But they have removed the mvr code. did I make that assumption correctly
    5 Hughes Dtivo all running 6.2 and hacked