Thread: sd-dvr40 remote problem

sd-dvr40 remote problem

Well this all started when i decided to upgrade my drive to 120gb. When i installed this i didnt notice that when i unpluged the old one i made the front plate ribbon pop out a little bit and turned it on. I plugged it back in but still no working remote. My question is can i use the rear ir port and plug in an external ir from my old pc tv tuner? Thank you for and help you can provide.

Big problem - you posted in the wrong area. This should be in the 'Broken TiVos' section.

Minor problem - MANY people have done this. One of the tiny inductors on the motherboard has been fried. The solution can be found in the 'Broken TiVos' section. It's an easy fix.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

Thank you! Sorry about posting in wrong area

Quote Originally Posted by rwatkinsii View Post
    Well this all started when i decided to upgrade my drive to 120gb. When i installed this i didnt notice that when i unpluged the old one i made the front plate ribbon pop out a little bit and turned it on. I plugged it back in but still no working remote. My question is can i use the rear ir port and plug in an external ir from my old pc tv tuner? Thank you for and help you can provide.
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...ight=ir+sensor