Thread: anonymous tivo account ?

anonymous tivo account ?

Let's say I don't want tivo to know my real name / info / etc. - just out of principle.

Is there any reason that fake user info would not work with tivo ? Is there any functionality / features / etc. that require real user information ?

How would amazon unbox work if you had fake user information on your account ?

(CC would be done with a Simon Malls gift visa tied to the fake name - and I would just buy a lifetime sub)

As long as you had a valid service account that is paid for, the name is not otherwise used. If you can convince TiVo to sell you Lifetime with a fake name, then that should be the end of it.
    Steve

right - but how is amazon unbox billed ? Does tivo keep a cc on file for that, or ... ?

(I have never used unbox, so I have no idea)

Amazon Unbox purchases are billed by Amazon using whatever method you normally use to purchase stuff through Amazon. You have to link your Amazon account to your Tivo account in order to download directly to your Tivo. So, unless you can use that gift Visa to set up an account on Amazon too you're gonna be out of luck.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652

So it can't me done without amazon account? If so I think that it is not very comfortable then.
    HostV - VPS Hosting - http://www.hostv.com

Wow... and I thought I was paranoid.

-psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0n.J1-01-2-652

You don't need a payment method to establish an Amazon account, and you should be able to use a prepaid credit card to make single purchases.

I have never used Unbox either, so maybe there's something I missed.
    Steve