Thread: any way to record on series 3 from vcr

any way to record on series 3 from vcr

now that we no longer have a vcr hooked up we wanted to transfer some of the videos to the tivo.. i know iwht older series 2's you could record from an input.. is there any way with the sries 3.. i dont see a general video input just a antenna input.. but i see nothing in the menus to enable the antenna input.. thanks

cable, antenna or network transfer. that's it. you have to redo guided setup to get different input options.

could you possibly use the RF connector (cable tv wire) from the vcr to the tivo box and tune to channel 3/4 like you would on the old style vcr usage? because aren't the old channels that are under 100 and not like 5-1 still on the old freq's, so it should work. I'd try it at least for sure.

thanks i will try to hook it up to the cable input and see but i doubt it as i am using cable cards.. if figured out i could redo guided setup and enable the antenna input. .and it would probably work.. anyone doen this.. i am afraid to redo guided setup as i had so much damn trouble getting the cable cards working correctly with my account.. had to have them come out twice..

Quote Originally Posted by lgkahn View Post
    thanks i will try to hook it up to the cable input and see but i doubt it as i am using cable cards.. if figured out i could redo guided setup and enable the antenna input. .and it would probably work.. anyone doen this.. i am afraid to redo guided setup as i had so much damn trouble getting the cable cards working correctly with my account.. had to have them come out twice..
    I added an OTA antenna after pairing cable cards, and had no trouble with the cable cards when running guided setup again. It doesn't seem to disturb the card pairing. YMMV, of course. I've had my share of cable card hassles, so I can definitely understand the concern.

thanks bit the bullet and got it working.. only caveot.. it didnt find the channel and no way to manually add channel 3.. you need to play a vcr table and redo a ant. cable scan and then it finds channel 3 as a ntsc channel.. otherwise it just lets you set digital ant. channels