Thread: Slingbox

Hybrid View

Slingbox

Hi,
    I have a S2 directivo with a slingbox AV on it I was wondering if there is a way to use the IR jack or the Serial jack on the back of the tivo so that I don't have to use those stupid IR LED's.

Thanks,
    Mark

No, or at least not very easy.

You could add a jack to be an IR in. I added one to my TiVo for an RF remote receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by classicsat View Post
    No, or at least not very easy.

You could add a jack to be an IR in. I added one to my TiVo for an RF remote receiver.
    Ok so its hard but what do you need to make it work? I could build an interface if that's what it takes, where on the tivo board would I have to attach the IR to? I don't have a issue with adding to the board to make it work better, those IR LED's are just stupid.

Thanks,
    Mark

You could build the blaster into the TiVo. Just install an IR LED next to the IR receiver, and run a wire to the Slingbox with an appropriate plug.

Another option is to wire an opto isolator as such so its LED connected to the blaster port on the Slingbox, and the transistor side connects to ground and the IR signal line.
    I did this to a satellite receiver, for the TiVo IR blaster port to control, and it worked 100% (the receiver has since quit on me).

You could build the blaster into the TiVo. Just install an IR LED next to the IR receiver, and run a wire to the Slingbox with an appropriate plug.

Another option is to wire an opto isolator as such so its LED connected to the blaster port on the Slingbox, and the transistor side connects to ground and the IR signal line.
    I did this to a satellite receiver, for the TiVo IR blaster port to control, and it worked 100% (the receiver has since quit on me).
    thanks for the reply, any type opto or just a transistor one?

thanks,
    Mark

I just reread your post so forget what I said. Thanks again for the info.

mark