Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Determine Life Subscription?

Mighty big words for someone who can't even find Tivo's phone number without help. [link]

Or, someone who can't even figure out how to use instantcake on their own. [link]
    (Oh wait, who gave you the missing key?? Oh yeah, it was ME!)

I dare you to get a shell and figure this one out. Even if it means posting obnoxious questions/replies over and over.

Code:
    echo 'set foo "\x49\x64\x69\x6f\x74\x0a";puts $foo' | tivosh
    Keep 'em comin! I haven't laughed this hard in months!

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    Mighty big words for someone who can't even find Tivo's phone number without help. [link]

Or, someone who can't even figure out how to use instantcake on their own. [link]
    (Oh wait, who gave you the missing key?? Oh yeah, it was ME!)

I dare you to get a shell and figure this one out. Even if it means posting obnoxious questions/replies over and over.

Code:
    Keep 'em comin! I haven't laughed this hard in months!
    "Mighty big words for someone who can't even find Tivo's phone number without help. [link]"

ANSWER;
    ..i had the tivo phone number all along and called them in the beginning. show me where in my post it says that i couldn't find the number!

"Or, someone who can't even figure out how to use instantcake on their own. [link]"

ANSWER;
    ..i don't find that very unusual in that i am new to all this. i believe that this is what this forum was for. you weren't born with the knowledge of "tivo, etc" and had to learn just as i am doing!

"(Oh wait, who gave you the missing key?? Oh yeah, it was ME!)"

ANSWER;
    "missing key"?...i acquired the program and had a few problems understanding it (see above post) but, that shouldn't be unusual me being a newb!..oh, and wal-mart sells
    ben-gay for your shoulder...it must be sore from patting yourself on the back however, i do and did appreciate the help

"I dare you to get a shell and figure this one out. Even if it means posting obnoxious questions/replies over and over."

ANSWER;
    see my above responses...besides, this is irrelevant to my initial post
    Last edited by Da Mail Man; 09-03-2008 at 11:42 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by jt1134 View Post
    Code:
    I'm pretty sure that expression is banned from DDB!
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post

.....huh?...an expression i made??....i have asked the moderators to close this thread to keep things "civil"......

Just for fun I went to the online activation at
    https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-mma/activate/activate.do

This is the respose I received.

Oops! The TiVo service number you entered has already been activated. If you think you may have entered an incorrect number, please try again or call Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486.

I do not know if "already been activated" is the same as active at this moment.

If you call saying you bought this and want to know what the cost of service will be, perhaps TiVo will be more helpful.

"Just for fun I went to the online activation at
    https://www3.tivo.com/tivo-mma/activate/activate.do

This is the respose I received.

Oops! The TiVo service number you entered has already been activated. If you think you may have entered an incorrect number, please try again or call Customer Support at 1-877-367-8486.

I do not know if "already been activated" is the same as active at this moment.

If you call saying you bought this and want to know what the cost of service will be, perhaps TiVo will be more helpful. "

ANSWER;
    ....thanks for the reply...as i had stated in a previous post, i already have the info i was seeking.....i did not use the "on line activation" as i knew that the unit was already in service but, not used anymore....

Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    True. However, Id10t will slip by the censor.

PlainBill
    There's a difference between needing help, and just being plain ole' lazy.

"You cannot teach a man anything. You can only help him find it for himself." Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

HR20-700 with 2 TB, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR22-100, HR23-100 all running 0x5cd and networked.

I'm the one with the 5th grade education. That's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mail Man View Post
    .....huh?...an expression i made??....i have asked the moderators to close this thread to keep things "civil"......

Quote Originally Posted by tevoisseur View Post
    I'm the one with the 5th grade education. That's hilarious.
    ...yawn...."ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have heard the defendant in his own words hilariously ADMIT that he has a 5th grade education and is proud of that accomplishment, even in doing so after the age of majority in his state. i would urge the jury and this court to find the defendant Guilty of having a 5th grade education in excess of what he was ever expected to achieve. prosecution rests".

You gotta be from another country or something... maybe another planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mail Man View Post
    ...yawn...."ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you have heard the defendant in his own words hilariously ADMIT that he has a 5th grade education and is proud of that accomplishment, even in doing so after the age of majority in his state. i would urge the jury and this court to find the defendant Guilty of having a 5th grade education in excess of what he was ever expected to achieve. prosecution rests".