Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Removing CopyProtectionInfo from S3/TivoHD Recordings

Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff View Post
    You basically have three options from what I can see:
    1. Using the existing drive, extract the missing objects from MFS (Signature, SignatureType, MediaEncryptionKey, MediaEncryptionKeyType, etc) for each recording and then somehow restore them onto your current drive.

2. Try to recover the deleted objects from the /Rubbish directory in MFS, if they are still there. It's kind of like a "recycling bin" for the MFS that gets emptied regularly.

3. Start over by cloning the original drive.

1 and 2 require a fairly good knowledge of the MFS and maybe some TCL scripting. 3 is the easiest.
    Well let's assume I do option 3 (which is the most likely choice since i have about zero knowledge of TCL scripting & MFS). I would then run the 51killer.tcl and Removecpiall.tcl so that the shows could not only be playable again BUT moved to my PC, if at all?
    Last edited by Heartbreaker; 02-26-2011 at 12:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Well let's assume I do option 3 (which is the most likely choice since i have about zero knowledge of TCL scripting & MFS). I would then run the 51killer.tcl and Removecpiall.tcl so that the shows could not only be playable again BUT moved to my PC, if at all?
    I don't think you need 51killer being that it's the same TiVo. Your TiVo is capable of decrypting the scrambled recordings. Maybe somebody else can chime in on whether it's required or not.

But you will need the tivoapp patch posted by psxboy. That will allow your TiVo to play back the recordings after you run RemoveCpiAll.tcl.

51killer.tcl is not required.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by tivo4mevo View Post
    Attached it a revised version of Jkozee's RemoveDrmAll.tcl which should accomplish only that (merely commented out six lines).

WARNING: only use this script if you've already applied the patches found in this thread here
    So.. after formatting my drive and copied over my original Tivo hdd, re-installing the hacks, and getting the programs in question that were previously encrypted/pre-hacked BACK, I did the following:
    cd /var
    chmod 755 RemoveCpiAll.tcl
    RemoveCpiAll.tcl ready
    ... ok. And now the shows that were on the "NOW PLAYING" list that I added back are now all COMPLETELY gone. So what the heck happened?!! LOL
    Last edited by Heartbreaker; 03-04-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    ... ok. And now the shows that were on the "NOW PLAYING" list that I added back are now all COMPLETELY gone. So what the heck happened?!! LOL
    I'll take a shot here. I believe what happened jt1134 described before as:
    However, the current tivoapp patch to circumvent encryption does not affect all Drm objects in a recording, such as Drm signatures and CopyProtectionInfo on some streams. If you run the new 51killer.tcl and reboot, your tivo will delete any recordings that have signatures that are tied to the old tivo, ie : all of them.
    Forget the reference to 51killer.tcl, it's irrelevant here. What you need to do is patch your tivoapp for the appropriate software version so it will ignore the DRM signatures (and hence not delete the invalid recordings), as well as the noencryption patch. psxboy has posted the patches for 11.0j in this thread and for 11.0k (ignoredrm) in that thread. After you have tivoapp patched, then run tivo4mevo's RemoveCpiAll.tcl script. Good luck!
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

Oh, cool!

I mean, really way cool!!

I've had about 40 videos stranded on my TiVos since 2006. I'm transferring them right now.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

I just had both of my TiVoHDs serviced by Omikron and I'm ready to modify them so I can transfer shows between both of my TiVos and TiVoToGo. I'm reading through this topic, even though the subject sounds right, but all the talk is a grey area. I don't care for removing copy protection for shows that are already on TiVo, I want to start with all new recording to be transferred. What exactly do I need to do? I'm annoyed by the red circle with a slash in it.

Rick:

If you want to hack your TiVo so that future recorded shows can be downloaded, you will want to go to this thread..

This thread gives enough info and links to make already recorded shows downloadable--I've just tried it out, and am now downloading some shows I've had on one of my TiVos for a long time.

Only problem I saw other than the cryptic instructions for how to patch, etc. etc. was
    'retrying after TV_TM_ACTIVE_LOCK_CONFLICT ...'
    Then the bash prompt. Turns out there is a downloaded 'on-demand' episode of the Onion News on there it wouldn't strip.
    All my other stuff that's been on there for a while...is transferring now.

Hi guys,
    I downloaded the " RemoveCpiAll.tcl" and I telnet/ftp the " RemoveCpiAll.tcl" file into "/var/" folder , using putty . I run the codes in putty :

Code:

RemoveCpiAll.tcl

and

Code:

RemoveCpiAll.tcl ready

and I got :

bash-2.02# RemoveCpiAll.tcl
    FSID Title
    ============ ================================================================
    92978 TG2 Dossier
    92880 Facciamo pace
    92045 Caught on Camera
    51760 Porta a Porta
    bash-2.02# RemoveCpiAll.tcl ready
    bash-2.02#
    FSID Title
    InProgress Tale e Quale Show
    93015 Tale e Quale Show
    bash-2.02# RemoveCpiAll.tcl ready
    bash-2.02#
    FSID Title
    InProgress Tale e Quale Show

The problem is that when using kmttg , I keep having the red protection symbol next to the shows .
    Do you have any idea why the shows are still protected ?
    Moreover , when I rebooted my tivo, all the shows were gone...
    Any idea why pls ?
    Thank you