Thread: Removing CopyProtectionInfo from S3/TivoHD Recordings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Removing CopyProtectionInfo from S3/TivoHD Recordings

Up until recently, I had no issues with the CCI byte being set on any of my digital channels. However, in the past few days Comcast has implemented this on a few of my premium channels. Here's a simple script I wrote to nuke the offending MFS values and open these recordings up to MRV.

This is a very simple script with hardly any error checking. Usage is 'tivosh cpi_remover.tcl <fsid>' where <fsid> is the fsid of the show you want to "fix". There are numerous ways to find the fsid, one is via the NPL by pressing info and noting the Recording ObjID of the afflicted program.

This is meant to ONLY be used on recordings that were otherwise unscrambled, ie recorded after applying the NoCSO tivoapp patch. All this does is allow you to use TTG or MRV with the show instead of relying on the mfs_* utils {mfs_ftp, tytools, etc} for extracting the show. This tool will only allow MRV transfers. TTG transfers will fail as noted by jkozee below. Standard tools based upon the mfs_* utils will still work without issue.

IF YOU HAVEN'T PATCHED TIVOAPP TO DISABLE CSO ENCRYPTION, THEN DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS SCRIPT!
    Last edited by jt1134; 11-01-2008 at 09:51 PM.