Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40

Thread: Removing CopyProtectionInfo from S3/TivoHD Recordings

  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247
    You don't have tivoftpd installed? There's an rz on TiVo, so you should be able to use zmodem across telnet. It looks like busybox supports rsync, so you could use that, too. You could even open a text editor on the TiVo, and copy/paste it in, it's only a couple of screens.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    473
    Just for the record, rz transfers only work via serial cable.

    Quote Originally Posted by mike_s View Post
    You don't have tivoftpd installed? There's an rz on TiVo, so you should be able to use zmodem across telnet. It looks like busybox supports rsync, so you could use that, too. You could even open a text editor on the TiVo, and copy/paste it in, it's only a couple of screens.
    More software at http://davidlauria.com/software.
    The lost alt-rock masterpiece from the '90s, Range of Motion's "Soft Buzz of Silence", is now available on iTunes!

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Just for the record, rz transfers only work via serial cable.
    For the record, you're wrong.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Thinkdiff View Post
    So it would be:
    Code:
    cd /var
    chmod 755 RemoveDrmAll.tcl
    RemoveDrmAll.tcl ready
    Just wnated to experiment since I have had such luck with KMTTG. Looks like the RemoveDrmAll.tcl file is up and running and shows previously flagged in kmttg and TTG are now NOT flagged (WOO HOO)...
    but, of course, when I try to download the files to my computer, it starts the download then stops immediately without downloading the file. KMTTG gives me the following information log when I attempt to download:
    >> DOWNLOADING /Users/phoenix/Movies/TiVo Recordings/Converted/XXXX XXXXX (06_13_2010).TiVo ...
    /usr/bin/curl --anyauth --globoff --user tivo:MAK --insecure --cookie-jar /tmp/cookie7617099641452288171.tmp --url http://192.168.1.7:80/download/XXXX%...ying&id=200712 --output "/Users/phoenix/Movies/TiVo Recordings/Converted/XXXX XXXXX - Bad Blood (06_13_2010).TiVo"
    /Users/phoenix/Movies/TiVo Recordings/Converted/XXXX XXXXX - Bad Blood (06_13_2010).TiVo: size=0.00 MB elapsed=0:00:00 (0.00 Mbps)
    <h2>Resource Not Found</h2>
    Download failed to file: /Users/phoenix/Movies/TiVo Recordings/Converted/XXXX XXXXX - Bad Blood (06_13_2010).TiVo
    Exit code: 0
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed

    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    0 31 0 31 0 0 172 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 174
    0 79 0 79 0 0 189 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 189
    XXXX XXXXX - Bad Blood (06_13_2010).TiVo: Download attempt # 2 scheduled in 10 seconds.
    XXXX XXXXX - Bad Blood (06_13_2010).TiVo: Too many failed downloads, GIVING UP!!
    Ok, so it's a fail. but NOW the shows won't even play at ALL (!!!). What the heck?? When I try to play the show, I get the following error message:
    The TIVO HD DVR was not able to record this program because there was no video signal on the channel. you may have been trying to record on a channel that you don't receive
    ...Which I OBVIOUSLY receive because how else would I have gotten the recordings? lol. So anyone got a reason for this? I'm guessing I should just completely remove the RemoveDRmAll.tcl and the cpi_remover.tcl
    Last edited by Heartbreaker; 02-24-2011 at 10:18 AM. Reason: added information

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Just wnated to experiment since I have had such luck with KMTTG. Looks like the RemoveDrmAll.tcl file is up and running and shows previously flagged in kmttg and TTG are now NOT flagged (WOO HOO)...
    but, of course, when I try to download the files to my computer, it starts the download then stops immediately without downloading the file. KMTTG gives me the following information log when I attempt to download:


    Ok, so it's a fail. but NOW the shows won't even play at ALL (!!!). What the heck?? When I try to play the show, I get the following error message:

    ...Which I OBVIOUSLY receive because how else would I have gotten the recordings? lol. So anyone got a reason for this? I'm guessing I should just completely remove the RemoveDRmAll.tcl and the cpi_remover.tcl
    That error message is also the one you get when the TiVo goes to the place on the harddrive where the database of recorded shows says a show is and, for whatever reason, can't find it.

    If you do a truncated backup with -f 9999 you wind up including the database of what's recorded without including the actual recordings and get the same error message if you try to play one.
    Last edited by unitron; 02-24-2011 at 11:25 AM. Reason: edited to change notification option
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by unitron View Post
    That error message is also the one you get when the TiVo goes to the place on the harddrive where the database of recorded shows says a show is and, for whatever reason, can't find it.

    If you do a truncated backup with -f 9999 you wind up including the database of what's recorded without including the actual recordings and get the same error message if you try to play one.
    Thanks for the information. I just added in the RemoveDrmAll.tcl patch, though. The question is why can't my Tivo play the programs now and how do I get them back to play on my Tivo again?

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Thanks for the information. I just added in the RemoveDrmAll.tcl patch, though. The question is why can't my Tivo play the programs now and how do I get them back to play on my Tivo again?
    Are you able to play them on the Tivo? I assume not, so what unitron is saying is that when you did an MFSLive backup, unless you chose to save your recordings as part of that backup (which would have made the backup file quite large), you lost them; although the Now Playing List still has the index to them they do not exist on the hard drive anymore.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ScanMan View Post
    Are you able to play them on the Tivo? I assume not, so what unitron is saying is that when you did an MFSLive backup, unless you chose to save your recordings as part of that backup (which would have made the backup file quite large), you lost them; although the Now Playing List still has the index to them they do not exist on the hard drive anymore.
    WOW! So you think the patch completely removed the shows from the HD? Also, I DO have a copy of the shows on another drive but not sure it's worth it putting them back on the new modded drive (unless I can do it via ftp).

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    997
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    WOW! So you think the patch completely removed the shows from the HD? Also, I DO have a copy of the shows on another drive but not sure it's worth it putting them back on the new modded drive (unless I can do it via ftp).
    No it's not the patch. It was when you did the hard drive backup via MFSLive or WinMFS it did not backup and transfer the recorded programs from the original disk to the new disk unless you specified.
    ScanMan --> Just another Tivo hacker...
    Killhdinitrd SA S2 Monte S2 Unscramble Upgrade Tivo Software

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Just wnated to experiment since I have had such luck with KMTTG. Looks like the RemoveDrmAll.tcl file is up and running and shows previously flagged in kmttg and TTG are now NOT flagged (WOO HOO)...
    but, of course, when I try to download the files to my computer, it starts the download then stops immediately without downloading the file. KMTTG gives me the following information log when I attempt to download:


    Ok, so it's a fail. but NOW the shows won't even play at ALL (!!!). What the heck?? When I try to play the show, I get the following error message:

    ...Which I OBVIOUSLY receive because how else would I have gotten the recordings? lol. So anyone got a reason for this? I'm guessing I should just completely remove the RemoveDRmAll.tcl and the cpi_remover.tcl
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Thanks for the information. I just added in the RemoveDrmAll.tcl patch, though. The question is why can't my Tivo play the programs now and how do I get them back to play on my Tivo again?
    ScanMan seems to think that I think that you moved from one hard drive to another and that's where things got screwed up.

    That, however, is not what I thought, although it was as a result of moving from one drive to another that I learned what I did, so I can see how he misunderstood what I meant.

    I was under the impression that you had somehow modified the software on your TiVo's hard drive and afterwards gotten that error message.

    I was pointing out that the TiVo not being able to find a recording in the location it expects it to be can cause that error message.

    It isn't correct, but apparently that's the one it picks out of its non-infinite error message database when it encounters that situation.

    Now as to why it can't find the recording at the location on the hard drive where it expects to, I can't say. Perhaps something has damaged or changed the first sector on which the show is recorded, or perhaps the way it describes where the show is is relative (953rd sector on partition "x", or on partition named "y") rather than absolute (1,993,287th sector from the begining of the drive regardless of partition map), and something has shifted all of those references.

    Now if you also moved from one drive to another in addition to screwing around with the software that means you very well may have copied over the index of the shows without copying over the shows themselves, or that the shows may have landing in locations different from their previous ones, either absolute or relative.
    Too busy TiVo wrangling to watch television anymore.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    592
    Of course, the other possibility is that the recording in question was encrypted. If that was the case, then by removing the drm info you also removed the information necessary to decrypt it for playback.

    -psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0m-01-2-652

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker View Post
    Ok, so it's a fail. but NOW the shows won't even play at ALL (!!!). What the heck?? ... I'm guessing I should just completely remove the RemoveDrmAll.tcl and the cpi_remover.tcl
    psxboy is correct.

    RemoveDrmAll.tcl does this on line 53
    Code:
    dbobj $drm_part remove MediaEncryptionKey
    which wiped out the encryption keys for your shows. Hence the tivo can't play them back now. If I read the thread correctly, you have a truncated backup of this exact drive? If so, then you might be able to rescue the MFS values that you inadvertently clobbered (when you executed the RemoveDrmAll.tcl script). However, recovering the MFS MediaEncryptionKey values from the truncated backup and recreating on the "live" drive is non-trivial. As would be recovering them from MFS /Rubbish (assuming that the garbage collector hasn't gotten to them already).

    For the benefit of any future readers of this thread: from coaxe59's post in this thread here, and an inspection of the two scripts in this thread, it appears that the the only MFS value you should have removed/changed was the CopyProtectionInfo value (not the Signature, SignatureType, MediaEncryptionKey, nor MediaEncryptionKeyType objects).

    Attached it a revised version of Jkozee's RemoveDrmAll.tcl which should accomplish only that (merely commented out six lines).

    WARNING: only use this script if you've already applied the patches found in this thread here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tivo4mevo; 02-24-2011 at 08:42 PM.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by tivo4mevo View Post
    WARNING: only use this script if you've already applied the patches found in this thread here
    Here are the updated patch locations for 11.0j btw:

    Code:
    11.0j
    0x0056aaf4 "1200ffaf 1000ffaf"
    0x00598774 "1200ff87 1000ff87"
    For those that haven't been following along, these patches supposedly bypass the checks on a recording's DRM signatures. In theory this should allow you to selectively remove items from the DRM MFS object for a recording. Normally that would invalidate the signature but with these patches in place the Tivo should ignore the signature all together.

    -psxboy
    TCD652160 TivoHD
    1TB
    11.0m-01-2-652

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by psxboy View Post
    Of course, the other possibility is that the recording in question was encrypted. If that was the case, then by removing the drm info you also removed the information necessary to decrypt it for playback.

    -psxboy
    Thanks psxboy for clarifying the situation for me.

    OK, so just to be sure I understand, I need to upload and install the 51killer.tcl patch and then the RemoveCpiAll.tcl and with that, the shows that are unable to playback should work again?
    ...would this also allow me to transfer the shows to my PC?

    Again, Relative Newbie here - so I want to be sure I run this via telnet correctly. So it would look as follows?? (assuming I upload 51killer.tcl & RemoveCpiAll.tcl in /var):
    cd /var
    chmod 755 51killer.tcl
    chmod 755 RemoveCpiAll.tcl
    RemoveCpiAll.tcl ready

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    579
    No. Your problem is a bit more serious at this point. Once the commands are executed in the RemoveDrmAll.tcl file (deleting all of the keys for your recordings), there's no going back.

    You basically have three options from what I can see:
    1. Using the existing drive, extract the missing objects from MFS (Signature, SignatureType, MediaEncryptionKey, MediaEncryptionKeyType, etc) for each recording and then somehow restore them onto your current drive.

    2. Try to recover the deleted objects from the /Rubbish directory in MFS, if they are still there. It's kind of like a "recycling bin" for the MFS that gets emptied regularly.

    3. Start over by cloning the original drive.

    1 and 2 require a fairly good knowledge of the MFS and maybe some TCL scripting. 3 is the easiest.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •