Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 11.0 on S3/HD

I didn't bother with the whole thing, but here's 30-sec skip. It has been verified on 11.0-01-2-652.

Code:
    VMA/HEX			orig value	new value
    0x00b8ba8c/0x0078ba8c	14400026	10400026	//30-sec Skip

or:

echo -ne "\x10\x40\x00\x26" | dd conv=notrunc of=tivoapp bs=1 seek=7912076

Apologies, I'm new here...

I just started messing around with my TivoHD and I gather none of this stuff works without defeating some sort of signature check in the kernel, correct? Can someone point me in the right direction? Any changes I try to make to tivoapp, to enable telnet, etc all seem to get wiped out once I put the disk back in the Tivo and start it up.

Ugh, nevermind... for some reason I thought the PROM hack was only needed for S3 and not the HD.

Fresh HD

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

If I am starting from scratch with a fresh 1TB drive in my PROM modded TiVo HD, what is the fastest way to get the NoCSO and Backdoors patches.

captain_video's post seems very useful IF I already have hacks in place that need restoring after an update.

I'm tech savvy, but this TiVo stuff is new to me. I did keep my original drive intact just in case I screw something up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by superwagon@mac. View Post
    Sorry if this is a dumb question.

If I am starting from scratch with a fresh 1TB drive in my PROM modded TiVo HD, what is the fastest way to get the NoCSO and Backdoors patches.

captain_video's post seems very useful IF I already have hacks in place that need restoring after an update.

I'm tech savvy, but this TiVo stuff is new to me. I did keep my original drive intact just in case I screw something up.

Thanks
    I'd say pull the disk from the TiVo and connect it to a PC, put your necessary tools, files, and patches on a USB drive, boot to the latest version of MFSLive, and apply your hacks that way.
    .-=Omikron=-.

TiVo Series4 Premiere Development HERE

Do you have a PROM related question? Check HERE and HERE before sending me a PM. Any questions that have already been answered will be deleted if sent via PM.

You may also want to read through this thread: (link) as well.

You can skip over the PROM socketing part, but the remainder of the thread nicely lays out the steps required to hack the software.

Success

Thanks to everyone here on the forums I finally got everything set up on my Series 3 and TiVo HD.

Here are some of the problems I ran into:

- Pulling the drive was much easier for me.
    Every time I would telnet in I would get "no space left on disk" errors when patching tivoapp and never could remount to read-only because "mount: is busy".

- I almost always had to run e2fsck from the MFSLive cd before mounting
    If I didn't do this, I would run into some error about 50% of the time. (I don't know if I should of had to do this, but it seemed to makes things go smoother.)

- Once I applied ALL of tivoapp patches I am able to extract all shows with iTivo.
    This took awhile to figure out. I thought I was going to have to use tyTools or something, but I don't.

Anyway, I will try and post more details in the Mac OS X thread.

Thanks again.

File Extraction

I put in the NoCSO and CCI patches. That seems to have broken Tivo To GO transfers that I used to do with pytivo, even on new recordings. Back on Series 2 I used to use TySuite, but that seems to be only for Series 2, as is mfsftp. I'm not clear on weather Tivowebplus is supposed to extract.

What are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by kmt View Post
    I put in the NoCSO and CCI patches. That seems to have broken Tivo To GO transfers that I used to do with pytivo, even on new recordings. Back on Series 2 I used to use TySuite, but that seems to be only for Series 2, as is mfsftp. I'm not clear on weather Tivowebplus is supposed to extract.
    What are my options?
    http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/sh...=51740&page=29
    I asked similar question at post #435.
    S3 / TCD648250b - Socketed
    Audio out of sync

Quote Originally Posted by kmt View Post

What are my options?
    I use tserver and TyTool to extract the programs. The editor no longer works, but it still provides a very nice interface for downloading the programs as .ty files. I then use s3tots to convert the .ty files to .ts files and edit with Video Redo. I usually run TyTool under WINE on my video server.
    Having trouble with TyTool? Try TyTool Documentation
    Need to hack an S3 / THD? Try S3 Hacking Script

Does anyone have patches for 11.0d as of yet? Just showed up on my Tivo HD's in the last week.