Thread: more problems with mfs_ftp and mget - untransferrable files ?

more problems with mfs_ftp and mget - untransferrable files ?

I had problems with mget due to a (now) known issue with mfs_ftp and mget. I have worked around this by using:

mget .*

However, in a /ts directory full of content, the mget keeps stalling out after 6 or 7 files.

But NOW, I see that it is the same file that it dies on every time, and further, even with a normal GET (not an mget) I cannot transfer that file off.

So it seems that I have a file that cannot be transferred using mfs_ftp.

Are there such files ? What aspect of this file makes it untransferrable with mfs_ftp ? What tools can I use on this file, while telnet'ed into the tivo, to get you more information on this file ?

Here is what happens when I try to transfer it:

ftp> bin
    200 Type set to I
    ftp> get file.ts
    227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,0,11,12,32).
    150 About to open data connection.
    0 0.00 KB/s
    421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.
    ftp: No control connection for command.
    ftp>

It has occurred to me that this might be a disk error, but ... I can skip through the whole show on the tivo with FF/REW and while I have not watched it through, it seems to be all there...

Thanks.

can you pull it off in ty/ty+/tmf format instead of ts? there may be an error in the stream that s3tots is having trouble with.

you could also try pulling it off in ty format with tytool, or by using vserver running on the tivo and using mfs_uberexport on your pc to manually pull it off.

mfs_ftp itself doesn't change the stream, it just presents you with direct access to them by invoking mfs_uberexport to do the work.

Ok, I can successfully "get" it from the tmf directory.

But doesn't this mean that once I s3tots it to convert it, I will have the same trouble ? Or will the s3tots app just work around it, whereas the mfs_ftp implementation of s3tots pukes on it ?

who knows. go ahead and try it out and see what happens. if it doesn't work, post the error message.

at least if the conversion is done on a pc, you can see what the error is.