Thread: Bootable cd of xtreme

Question Bootable cd of xtreme

I have made four cds of 25xtreme and none will boot! I have set cmos to boot from cd. Do I need to do anything extra at time of burning to make it boot?

Here are 4 things to try. I charge .01 per item so here are my .04 worth.
    -----

It could be the burn. I use Easy CD creator and didn't have to specify anything special. I know on some software you have to enter some special parameters. What software are you using? There are a lot of people reading your post that use your software, I'm sure.

Also, is your CD-ROM IDE or SCSI? It's usually IDE and that is good. My SCSI CD-ROM can not boot because the SCSI interface is not loaded yet at time of "pre-boot" and so it will never detect media in that drive. (ps-anyone with a fix for this PLEASE post!)

Do you have 2 CD-ROMs? Try booting from the other one.

Finally, you say you set the CMOS to "boot from CD". I specified a "boot order", e.g. Floppy First, Then CD, then HDD. What you may want to try is disabling all other boot items with the exception of CD. Sometimes it trys to boot from the HDD before it gets to the CD.

Junkyard

Here is a link compliments of dsboyce. Give this a look:

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showth...&threadid=4844

Junkyard

I have ide cdrom, my cdrw is a usb sony and I burn with sony cd extreme. I have toyed with the bootup seq. in all the different settings and nothing seems to help!

Heres a stupid question, but do I need linux installed on my computer?

I've never personally used that burning software and no, you don't need linux installed on your computer. Thats the point of the boot cd. Linux is installed on the CD. I would try to make the cd with another program, or try booting the CD in another pc.

Thanks, I have tried my other pc, I will burn one in nero and see if that helps.

I have a Sony CDRW with the same software. Make sure you burn the IMAGE. Goto full version and click on the discs at the top that say "global image" or something like that. Then look for your .iso image and try it that way. If you need more help, I can hook up my cdr and help more.

29 TDW

I find the global image at the top, ihen search for 25xtreme iso and after it is located, It will not burn!

I had this same problem with Nero. Lots of coasters. Some would even boot, but while running 25xtreme the image restore would fail at 99% with "Compression Error".

Re-burnt in Adaptec EZ-CD, and it worked great the first time. Funny, because NERO is supposed to be so sophisticated, and EZ-CD is "burning for dummies"!

Can't wait to tell mom, I've been quoted!

DSBoyce: I got my name on the front page of a french news site not too long ago.. I emailed everyone in my family.. .. .. never got much worked up about being quoted though..

Lightbulb

I had problems booting from my 25xtreme CD too. I tried it in three different PC's with no luck. The BIOS was set to boot from CD first, but no go.

I finally found that the BIOS on my ABIT motherboards also needed to have
    the IDE channel set to AUTO detect. I had left the drive setting at "None"
    since there wasn't actually a drive there. The CD-ROM drive still worked fine
    under Windows, it just wouldn't boot from it.

Prosaic