Thread: What is triggered when a PPV is ordered?

What is triggered when a PPV is ordered?

I'm wondering what type of information is recorded/logged, and where, when a PPV is ordered - - anyone know?
    Reason I'm asking is that I was under the impression that when a PPV is ordered, it will be authorized to all receivers on the account (is this the case for phone/internet ppv orders only or remote control initiated ones too?). I'd like to build something that watches for a PPV to be ordered, then sets up a tivo on the account to record that event. Obviously need to know date, time and channel. Could be built into a cron job to scan a certain location or log for the event, then trigger the "to do".
    Would appreciate any pointers.
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23

PPVs will only be enabled on all TVs in your household if you order them online or over the phone. You cannot authorize PPVs on multiple TVs if you order them via remote. They will only be authorized for the receiver through which it was ordered.

Since you'd have to manually order the PPV, why would you need an automated utility to record it? Just set it up to record just like any other manual or one-time recording.
    Please don't PM me or any other members looking for personal assistance. You'll do better by posting (after you've exhausted the search feature, of course) and taking advantage of the collective expertise of the membership instead of a single individual that may or may not be able to help you. Thank you and enjoy your stay at DDB!

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    PPVs will only be enabled on all TVs in your household if you order them online or over the phone. You cannot authorize PPVs on multiple TVs if you order them via remote. They will only be authorized for the receiver through which it was ordered.
    OK, I was afraid of that

Quote Originally Posted by captain_video View Post
    Since you'd have to manually order the PPV, why would you need an automated utility to record it? Just set it up to record just like any other manual or one-time recording.
    we have a non-dvr box in the house that a few PPVs get ordered from, when that does happen, I was hoping that it was authorized on the DVR too, so I could record it
    Two DSR7000s both at 6.4a/101 from slices; both originally sleepered version 3, then 4.01b, 6.2, 6.2a.
    TWP 2.1, Superpatched, 300GB Seagate in one, 750GB in the other, USB 2 w/ Jamie's backport drivers
    One HR10-250 at 6.4a, networked, Superpatched, stock 250GB drive
    One HR23
    Patiently waiting for a new DirecTV/Tivo
    One AM21 hooked to the HR23