Thread: series 1 prob Tivo Engineering asks for help

series 1 prob Tivo Engineering asks for help

Many people are having problems connecting to Tivo to do a daily call or Guided Setup with a Series 1. The download of data stops with a "Downloading Failed Call interrupted" message. It happens to both dialup and network users. It started at the beginning of December.

If you call Tivo whern you have this problem, you are probably just going to be told it is your equipment when really there is a bug somewhere causing it. There are too many people experiencing it at the same time for it to be all equipment failure.

Tivo needs help in tracking down the cause of this problem.

The below request was posted on the Tivo Community by TivoJerry. I sent him a PM and it did not seem that anyone has helped them yet. I don't have the equipment to do this test. His message is #214 and is repeated below the link for convenience.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...97#post7021897
    --
    For anyone with a turbonet card in an S1, engineering wants help getting a network fingerprint.

Using a Linux router or sniffer, wireshark (windows,linux) or tcpdump (linux), capture whole throughput to test failed calls and send me a PM so I can give you an email address to send the files to.
    --
    He also mentioned to me in a PM that they would like a traceroute.

Brenda

You posted this three times! stop it

I am sorry that you were offended, but I did not post this 3 times.

I posted this on a thread about Service Unavailable because it was related to this in my opinion.

It got no response, so I thought maybe people who were having "Downloading Failed Call interrupted" might be missing the message. I thought maybe I should make it into its own message.. I put in the "Downloading" error message so people could find it in a search. It was not in the other thread that I remembered. (Also, it is a reworded version with additional information.)

I posted my own message about my Guided Setup problem. I was not trying to discuss doing the test in that message. As far as I remember, I never mentioned the test in that message. I was trying to ask how to get into telnet if you are in Guided Setup. I thought maybe Guided Setup was stopping me, but maybe that wasn't the reason.. so that is why I posted. I would rather go in through telnet than have to pull the drive so I thought maybe there was a solution for me not being able to telnet. That was what the purpose of the other message was.

Brenda